Advice-After sales Maintenance cost Xmaxx vs Outcast 8s v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi members

Happy New year

Need everyone's suggestion and advice
I am planning to buy either Xmaxx or Outcast EXB v2 8s or if Kraton 8s v2 is better than the other 2 mentioned RC cars?

I need to know which will make less trouble and will have less maintenance or damage cost.

Ultimately I am trying to have less after sales spending for every breakage and truck should be able to withstand some of the unpleasant and rash and ruckus drive from my end.

I have heard Xmaxx breaks less and is more durable compared to Arrma Rc cars.

Please help and suggest.
There all awesome, but if spending less after sale is your goal I'd definitely say shoot for xmaxx or XRT JUST buy steel spur and pinion gears

dm573m57-125416821.jpeg

Fx3KVAda-125389663.jpeg

Agreed. The 8s rigs need plenty of room to strut their stuff. K6 is much easier to own and enjoy. Goes most anywhere too. One day I hope to own one each of all the rigs we've discussed. Have 3 of the 5 so far..😁
The only one I don’t have is the O8. Maybe sometime this year lol.

A Kraton 6s is completely different than an X-Maxx or Outcast. A Kraton XL even still isn’t in the same league. With the other rigs you own, I’d grab an X-Maxx beings you’re familiar with the chassis (bigger version of the Maxx)
I would easily go XRT over the XMaxx in a heartbeat. Its CoG is more where it needs to be. Low.
Like TRX did with their other 1/10 scale line . Low CoG chassis option. And IMO, Trx was late to the game anyway.
I just don't know how and why many compare an XMaxx to a OC/K8s Arrma. What are they comparing? Size, 8s Power, weight or price? IDK. Because nothing is similar about them at all whatsoever. I say buy none, or buy both. :giggle:
An XRT vs. an Arrma K8 makes more sense to me.

I think electronics should be a part of this conversation. There is a much higher chance of being satisfied with the stock Arrma 8s v2 electronics compared to Traxxas. You might be more likely to spend money upgrading a Traxxas rig electronics. Some are happy with them but some would never be OK with it. If you're the later than you are spending way more upfront for the rig on top of needing electronics.

I think electronics should be a part of this conversation. There is a much higher chance of being satisfied with the stock Arrma 8s v2 electronics compared to Traxxas. You might be more likely to spend money upgrading a Traxxas rig electronics. Some are happy with them but some would never be OK with it. If you're the later than you are spending way more upfront for the rig on top of needing electronics.

The second you bend the chassis on an Arrma 8s, Traxxas wins. That should be part of the conversation.

I love my Arrma 8s rigs, but when you compare the price of replacement parts, Traxxas wins, even if you have to stick a max6 in with the stock motor.

I would easily go XRT over the XMaxx in a heartbeat. Its CoG is more where it needs to be. Low.
Like TRX did with their other 1/10 scale line . Low CoG chassis option. And IMO, Trx was late to the game anyway.
I just don't know how and why many compare an XMaxx to a OC/K8s Arrma. What are they comparing? Size, 8s Power, weight or price? IDK. Because nothing is similar about them at all whatsoever. I say buy none, or buy both. :giggle:
An XRT vs. an Arrma K8 makes more sense to me.
I compare them because they're all marketed as 8s bashers. All are similar in size. The Xmaxx is more different than the other 3 I feel. Honestly though, I use the K8 and Xmaxx in the same setting. The X is more comfortable in smaller spaces for me, turns better off throttle for sure, on throttle both push like you might expect considering the center diff fluid thickness of them. No doubting the v2 electronics are superior in all capacities, but the trucks need 8.0 batteries at least for a decent runtime. I suspect a TRX will run longer on 5a batteries, but also a fair amount slower.
The second you bend the chassis on an Arrma 8s, Traxxas wins. That should be part of the conversation.
True, there are significant differences. Arrma 8s is definitely going to go through tires much more quickly, at least for me.

I compare them because they're all marketed as 8s bashers. All are similar in size. The Xmaxx is more different than the other 3 I feel. Honestly though, I use the K8 and Xmaxx in the same setting. The X is more comfortable in smaller spaces for me, turns better off throttle for sure, on throttle both push like you might expect considering the center diff fluid thickness of them. No doubting the v2 electronics are superior in all capacities, but the trucks need 8.0 batteries at least for a decent runtime. I suspect a TRX will run longer on 5a batteries, but also a fair amount slower.

True, there are significant differences. Arrma 8s is definitely going to go through tires much more quickly, at least for me.
That's like comparing Apples to Oranges.
Only because they are 8s powered???:unsure:

The K8s is marketted as 1/5 scale, yet the XMaxx is whatever, not even mentioned, just called BIG. Not saying whether is true to any scale. Just a model pieced together that is BIG.
Just that they both seem like Apples to Oranges.

>>> And what's with that X-MAXX Ultimate. At $1,500. Belted tires and all...... What a waste of coin there.
You can get yours at your local Traxxass shop only. Hurry.
Quantities are Limited for those with Money to burn. Like Being a Limited run justifies the price???:LOL:

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/x-maxx-ultimate/

Last edited:
I don’t know how anyone is complaining about comparing a Traxxas 8s to an Arrma 8s, while at the same time comparing a Mojave to a UDR and saying the Mojave is the better desert truck.

I think arrma electronics are way more optimized and enhanced compared to Traxxas and even the dboots tyres in Arrma is superior compared to Traxxas sledge hammer tyres..

Forgive me if I am wrong in stating above as..that's what I personally feel

I look at both, drove an X-Maxx just once, FWIW.
>>>I honestly see 2 very different models there. No competition between the 2. Even though both are called Monster trucks. And the Term MT got quite watered down over the years.
Vastly different to me.
I could see an XRT and K8s dukeing it out.(y);)
8s powered means nothing to me as the primary criteria. Size, weight and design matters more to me.
I don't own one of these, so please take this with a grain of salt.
Maybe I need better eyeglasses.:censored:

I look at both, drove an X-Maxx just once, FWIW.
>>>I honestly see 2 very different models there. No competition between the 2. Even though both are called Monster trucks. And the Term MT got quite watered down over the years.
Vastly different to me.
I could see an XRT and K8s dukeing it out.(y);)
8s powered means nothing to me as the primary criteria. Size, weight and design matters more to me.
I don't own one of these, so please take this with a grain of salt.
Maybe I need better eyeglasses.:censored:
Nah, I definitely rspect your opinion. They are very different indeed. How and where used will help decide which fits best. I'm not selling anything here. No commissions on the line for me, LOL. 👍

I know you have experience, in regards.(y)
I don’t know how anyone is complaining about comparing a Traxxas 8s to an Arrma 8s, while at the same time comparing a Mojave to a UDR and saying the Mojave is the better desert truck.
And also I agree. UDR has its place. Mojo as well.
On just looks alone may appear the same, yet very different chassis'. Both drive way different, a quick look at both chassis' tells the story.
And the Mojo is only 6s. I think the UDR is 8s?? if I am correct? IDK. Maybe I'm wrong??:unsure:

Last edited:

I love my Arrma 8s rigs, but when you compare the price of replacement parts, Traxxas wins, even if you have to stick a max6 in with the stock motor.
I mean the same can be said for Traxxas chassis. My Xmaxx is sitting right now split in half literally. Sure the chassis is cheaper but I've cracked more plastic than I've bent metal chassis and time is money. Replacing an arrma chassis is one and done. Even ignoring that, the cost of adding chassis will still put you at about the starting line of Traxxas price pre electronic upgrade. I've never really seen Traxxas ever put these rigs on sale and you can find arrma on sale probably at tower hobbies right now.

And that's assuming you ever bend a chassis in the first place. Most people aren't sending their rigs hard enough to bend exb chassis. Mine lasted over a year and would still be good now if I didn't head butt a sidewalk. Mind you the same hit would have snapped a traxxas rig in half more than likely. A frugal person with tools could have fixed my chassis and kept using it 🤣

20240106_163950.jpg

I think arrma electronics are way more optimized and enhanced compared to Traxxas and even the dboots tyres in Arrma is superior compared to Traxxas sledge hammer tyres..

You aren't wrong on either tbh.

Just a reminder: If you have not driven any of them you'll have great fun with any pick. 😋 You're getting advice here from those who have driven them, spent a lot of money upgrading and are already hoping for a new 1:5 (Mojave 😁) beeing released. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: When I got my XMaxx (2019?) it was the best rig on the planet for me. Had lots of fun with it.

I mean the same can be said for Traxxas chassis. My Xmaxx is sitting right now split in half literally. Sure the chassis is cheaper but I've cracked more plastic than I've bent metal chassis and time is money. Replacing an arrma chassis is one and done. Even ignoring that, the cost of adding chassis will still put you at about the starting line of Traxxas price pre electronic upgrade. I've never really seen Traxxas ever put these rigs on sale and you can find arrma on sale probably at tower hobbies right now.

And that's assuming you ever bend a chassis in the first place. Most people aren't sending their rigs hard enough to bend exb chassis. Mine lasted over a year and would still be good now if I didn't head butt a sidewalk. Mind you the same hit would have snapped a traxxas rig in half more than likely. A frugal person with tools could have fixed my chassis and kept using it 🤣

View attachment 341237

You aren't wrong on either tbh.

Pre electronic upgrade? They are literally the same price. You can’t say “well sometimes they have a sale, so Arrma is cheaper” unless you know how to look for the sale, they’re the same price. Cobra has 10% off coupons that apply to Traxxas rigs as well, so I’d say sale prices are a wash.

I’d rather replace three X-Maxx chassis at $22 a piece than one Kraton chassis at $100ish a piece.

For the record, I’ve never broke a Traxxas chassis, but I have bent an Arrma chassis. The hit that bent my Outcast 8s chassis would have made my X-Maxx laugh.

Pre electronic upgrade? They are literally the same price. You can’t say “well sometimes they have a sale, so Arrma is cheaper” unless you know how to look for the sale, they’re the same price. Cobra has 10% off coupons that apply to Traxxas rigs as well, so I’d say sale prices are a wash.

I’d rather replace three X-Maxx chassis at $22 a piece than one Kraton chassis at $100ish a piece.

For the record, I’ve never broke a Traxxas chassis, but I have bent an Arrma chassis. The hit that bent my Outcast 8s chassis would have made my X-Maxx laugh.
Got any footage or pictures? would love to see a hit that bends an exb chassis but makes an xmaxx chassis laugh. I'm over here cracking center skids from just landing on all 4's on the sidewalk on my xrt. Btw, I wasn't talking about replacing with another arrma chassis. Buy once cry once. If I'm bashing hard enough to bend an exb chassis then I'm going aftermarket and never worrying about it again, never having to do another chassis swap again etc etc. I think a large and maybe even majority of people don't enjoy wrenching so replacing a traxxas chassis over and over is not a good afternoon.

To be fair though, I've not had to replace that many traxxas chassis so it's been kind of a wash on that front with me personally. Thankfully I've step my game up and have managed to avoid the sidewalk. My xmaxx actually took a lot of bad hits before it ended up like that and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't acknowledge that.

Since we're down here in the mud already though might as well roll around a bit more. I don't know about the xmaxx but the xrt 100% needs a bellcrank upgrade out of the box. If you do any type of decent bashing it's going to break sooner rather than later and it's the same for the plastic steering link things on the tire side, i've broken that part multiple times. There is also the matter of tires, the tires on the o8s and the k8s are better than what comes on either the xmaxx or the xrt and you won't feel the need to run and replace them. Or in the xmaxx case, blow them up. You're definitely going to bend the center driveshaft on an xrt way before you do so on an arrma 8s rig as well. They probably bend about as easy as the red center bracing bends on the arrma rigs before you add cf to them. :ROFLMAO: Cheap part for sure but having to replace it over and over is again, not a fun time. And thats another thing! arrma 8s way easier to service than traxxas. I gotta pull my xrt apart to replace the driveshaft, that poop is crazy. Don't get me started on having to access the center diff on xmaxx/xrt either. Stuff of nightmares. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Can't really argue with that statement. (y)

I have to say that the V2 EXB chassis may actually be made of real 7075, unlike the V1. I’ve beat mine pretty hard, lawn-darted it, you name it, and the chassis is still straight. It boggles the mind.

As far as which is best? None of them. Each beats the others in different categories. I actually enjoy the wonky handling of the Xmaxx, the handling bliss of the XRT, and the raw power and psychotic acceleration of the K8. Which do I run the most? Usually the K8. Mainly for that power. It’s literally one of my favorite trucks in the fleet. My Xmaxx comes out when I’m running somewhere that requires ground clearance, or if I’m looking for double backflips. The XRT comes out when I’m running in a fast area that requires tight turning. Or it comes down to my mood.

Bottom line: you won’t see any of those 3 trucks for sale from me any time soon. They’re all brilliant, and you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back