Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had any issues with the input gear making contact with the vitavon diff cup like some others I’ve seen?
I haven't had a chance to run yet. Winter here. I have seen that issue reported and other than the actual input gear and cup friction, all else seems ok. Other than scaring up the pretty aluminum.

Has anyone destroyed one of their diffs with these huge motors and ESCS and gears? Look what happened with to my front differential today. The case pretty much exploded and the gears are screwed. The ring gear has a little chip on it bur the output drive looks OK to me. Wow. That's after months of abuse and many many huge jumps. 😱🤣. The diff case is fine. Weird :
View attachment 130773View attachment 130774View attachment 130775View attachment 130778View attachment 130776

View attachment 130777
You'll be fine, that'll just polish out 😉🤣🤣

Before I destroyed my front differential, the RPM front arm on the lower left survived the first abuse. Hehe :
20210305_125400.jpg

The Rovan shocks with 10mm shock shafts are coming in the mail. I got tired of breaking shock rod ends and bending shock rods. Even on good landings.

The rebuild continues. New XLX2 ordered. I'll be using my Castle HW 800kv motor that I have laying around. I'll probably do 39/37 gearing. M2C chassis ordered since the stock one is tweaked in a few places. Rovan shocks coming. Powerhobby belted tires coming. New body coming. Oh yeah. M2C hinge pin retainers ordered. Lots of $ will be going into this beast.

Last edited:
I almost have everything. Going to pick up the XLX2. Also my chassis was bent in the rear way more than I thought. I wonder if that contributed to me bending that shock shaft or breaking the shock rod end on that side that side constantly? Right rear area is bent pretty badly and that's where I was having constant problems with my shock 🤔. Thoughts?. Pic of the rebuild too :
20210325_141301.jpg
20210325_142121.jpg
20210325_194618.jpg
20210325_194622.jpg

I almost have everything. Going to pick up the XLX2. Also my chassis was bent in the rear way more than I thought. I wonder if that contributed to me bending that shock shaft or breaking the shock rod end on that side that side constantly? Right rear area is bent pretty badly and that's where I was having constant problems with my shock 🤔. Thoughts?. Pic of the rebuild too :
View attachment 134868View attachment 134869View attachment 134870View attachment 134871
Those hinge pin support block looks beefy. I need to pick up a set for the front and rear for the exb.

Those hinge pin support block looks beefy. I need to pick up a set for the front and rear for the exb.
Yup. Once they break on my EXB I be changing them. Hopefully it doesn't damage the chassis when that happens but I don't send my trucks too high (20ft). I don't even know how long it took me to break the ones on the O8S.

My XLX2 is here. It's ironic that I sold one and ended up buying one again 🙄
20210326_142357.jpg

More progress. I just realized that I forgot to put back the gasket that goes in between the rear bulkhead and the chassis. I don't know if I'll leave it like that. It's not that hard to pull apart anyways. I'll probably pull off the rear again since it's very easy. I removed a little bit of the 20 million on the es center diff and added a piece of ear plug. One of the bolts on the diff didn't have loctite on it and one had too much 🤣. I have that mini torch for cigars for the loctite. Works great!.
20210328_143713.jpg
20210327_142036.jpg
20210327_142022.jpg

Very nice! I just ordered the same combo with 2 39t limitless spools for my k8s. Pps slider slso

Can i take the 39t spool gear (from limitless) as pinion gear? im waiting für my exb and 8mm pinions above 27t are hard to find here.

I’ve been Running castle sets up for years. I like to set start power to high and 30% punch control. 30% punch is the lowest I go to save the battery. Hobbywing is current limited so it’s safe to go to fastest punch control.

I had to use my tool to get that c clip out of the input drives since the Arrma one included in the box is no good.
20210401_010420.jpg

Let there be light!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back