Kraton Ovonic lipo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had a few. They are ok. Nothing special, but not terrible either. Just run of the mill packs. For a little more you can maybe get the Yowoo Graphene packs. They are the best value today IMO.

I love them and don’t see any difference between them and the other budget lipos other than they are cheaper in price. I have 8 of them for over a year and not one has had problems. Not sure where you’re at but Ampow has nice deals all the time and there’s always a coupon code Ampow5 that will save you a few bucks.

Ovonics ranked closer to the bottom of the list. With that said for general bashing some of the lower end batteries do ok, and they are budget friendly. As noted in the link in posted #11 that may impact power delivery for things like backflips etc. I have found lighter plastic chassis RC vehicles or brushed rigs you can definitely go with the cheap stuff.

I don't think you always need the best of the best unless you are doing some competitive racing or speed running.
Turnigy HD 60c time and again comes out as a solid value for the money. I wish the YoWoo packs made the test to compare....

LiPo ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY.jpg

Last edited:
Ovonics ranked closer to the bottom of the list. With that said for general bashing some of the lower end batteries do ok, and they are budget friendly. As noted in the link in posted #11 that may impact power delivery for things like backflips etc.

I don't think you always need the best of the best unless you are doing some competitive racing or speed running.
Turnigy HD 60c time and again comes out as a solid value for the money. I wish the YoWoo packs made the test to compare....

View attachment 164681
Yeah mine work much better in my Typhon 3s and my monster Slash 4x4.

I was just going to post this.

Got the recommendation from my buddy thats been running Ovonic pack for few years now.

Bought a 2pack of Ovonic 8000mAh 50C for the Mojave EXB Max6 4985 1650kV.
Cant see any difference in kick between these and gens-ace-r-spam Bashing 5500mAh 50C.
But these were almost half the price than Gens!
No heat issues.
Lasts long - charger said it charged 7700mAh going from 3.43V to 4.20. All 6 cells charged evenly up to 4.20V.
Discharges evenly down to 3.4V.

So its thumbs up from me!
Also going to buy second 2x3S pack soon - any other budget tips that I can try?

FYI, Ovonics are made by another well known manufacturer. I believe they are made with cheaper materials than the higher end batteries from said manufacturer.

A lot of hearsay in the Ovonic thread. Get some and try them and be the judge. I doubt half the people responding have even tried them. Like I said above, I’ve got at least 8 of them and not one has failed in over a year. I probably have 30 lipos from all different manufacturers btw... I’ve spent a lot more to get less. Order from Ampow and they come in like 2 days, free shipping (most orders), go on sale, sold in pairs, coupon codes, of course you don’t get the comfort of over paying...

Who is the other well known manufacturer?
Well he really worded that wrong, there are only about a dozen manufacturers of lipo batteries. He meant to say company.

I have lipos from Venom, Zeee, Goldbat, and Povway. I don't know that I could judge any over the others. I just charge them and use them. They all work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back