Perfect Pass Speed Run Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty amazing that these springs can mitigate bad car setups and bodies with poor aerodynamics:

1680099572371.png

Only teasing of course, I hope this does help people. In general the perfect pass line of products has been great so far and I would assume these are also. My prediction is that the front springs are considerably softer than the rear, which will be hard as a rock.

Pretty amazing that these springs can mitigate bad car setups and bodies with poor aerodynamics:

View attachment 289078

Only teasing of course, I hope this does help people. In general the perfect pass line of products has been great so far and I would assume these are also. My prediction is that the front springs are considerably softer than the rear, which will be hard as a rock.
Wish he would post specs. My Joe Diaz springs are 48-54lbs all around. Wonder what these are.

Wish he would post specs. My Joe Diaz springs are 48-54lbs all around. Wonder what these are.
Probably will keep that detail secret, but I am sure the will give more detail in the launch video.
One thing I'm surprised about...they don't appear to be progressive rate springs...
While that is ideal in some scenarios the truth for Speed run cars over 150 mph is that in the rear you want a max travel of 3mm.
There is no room for progression in that short of travel.

Probably will keep that detail secret, but I am sure the will give more detail in the launch video.

While that is ideal in some scenarios the truth for Speed run cars over 150 mph is that in the rear you want a max travel of 3mm.
There is no room for progression in that short of travel.
Hey guys, so whats the deal with these springs? Would I still have to go through the hole fuel tube yada yada setup or could I just throw these in and forget it?

Hey guys, so whats the deal with these springs? Would I still have to go through the hole fuel tube yada yada setup or could I just throw these in and forget it?
Give it a day or two for Raz to launch his video.
I am sure he will cover that topic.

Thanks Liberty, so generally with aftermartket springs like say; RedondobeachRC springs, is that the case or do you think the whole setup process to be required? Thanks for your valued opinion.

Thanks Liberty, so generally with aftermartket springs like say; RedondobeachRC springs, is that the case or do you think the whole setup process to be required? Thanks for your valued opinion.
I have the Jose Diaz springs that are very stiff and still run the fuel tube travel limiters. I setup my springs as soft as they will go on the pre-tension collars so they can absorb the little bumps (the springs are still very stiff on their own) and let the limiters do the full travel stop. 99.9% of people do not set them up this way, but so far it's working for me. Most people including Raz, I see cranking the collars down fully and making the springs as tight as possible.

Ehh. He leaves out some details. I bought his body mounts. One thing he forgot to mention is that he doesn’t center his wheels to the wheel wells on the FC100. He moves the body forward and cuts out his own wheel wells for the front. So his front mount wouldn’t work for my body since I use the OEM wells. Couldn’t get the body low enough so I had to use a front GPM mount I had.

I have the Jose Diaz springs that are very stiff and still run the fuel tube travel limiters. I setup my springs as soft as they will go on the pre-tension collars so they can absorb the little bumps (the springs are still very stiff on their own) and let the limiters do the full travel stop. 99.9% of people do not set them up this way, but so far it's working for me. Most people including Raz, I see cranking the collars down fully and making the springs as tight as possible.
Thanks, I'm doing the same for now. Its just such a pain lol.

Thanks, I'm doing the same for now. Its just such a pain lol.
Yep for sure, it really sucks!!!
Especially when you cut one install everything and then realize it needs to be longer.

Those 50 lbs springs are painful to install. I remember my finger tips felt bruised after.

Looking at these springs I would think you’ll still need the fuel tube and full setup.

He’s usually good about having instructions, so we’ll see what is recommended.

Looking at how many active coils and wire width there are I’m assuming they’ll be close in stiffness to the JD springs.

Well, I like the fact that they only have 5 rather robust coils. My @RedondoBeachRC springs have 7, and when the preload collars are cranked all the way down there are only a couple mm’s of compression left. I set them up so coil-bind occurred at about the point my limiters kicked in, but I like that approach as there is no possibility of further compression. There is a lot more travel in the PP springs, much better for shock absorption, but I’m not sure that’s a good thing? You’d have to have your limiters set up very well, as the coils would not be limiting overall compression. I’m going to have to overthink this now…

Well, I like the fact that they only have 5 rather robust coils. My @RedondoBeachRC springs have 7, and when the preload collars are cranked all the way down there are only a couple mm’s of compression left. I set them up so coil-bind occurred at about the point my limiters kicked in, but I like that approach as there is no possibility of further compression. There is a lot more travel in the PP springs, much better for shock absorption, but I’m not sure that’s a good thing? You’d have to have your limiters set up very well, as the coils would not be limiting overall compression. I’m going to have to overthink this now…

Sounds like you have my original springs. Those are my favorite because the aforementioned lack of compression left.. which means it kinda turns to a turnbuckle style suspension with no travel.

But the newer design were for those that want really stiff compression but still have travel.

45A746BD-E9A6-47A5-8518-4ADFD09644C2.jpeg

Sounds like you have my original springs. Those are my favorite because the aforementioned lack of compression left.. which means it kinda turns to a turnbuckle style suspension with no travel.

But the newer design were for those that want really stiff compression but still have travel.

View attachment 289102
I tend to agree, I like being able to use the coil bind as a tool in setup. A lot of suspension articulation is neither necessary nor wanted in that application. So your original springs are 50#ish? Do you have a compression weight for them? I had another brand of 50# springs, but yours seem stiffer. I went with yours.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back