Pics , your other RC Cars ( Not Arrma )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished the main part of another speed runner RC project I've been working on which is a 1/12th scale Serpent S120 LTX. Hoping to run it in the "Mini Class" at ROSSA UK this year.

22.jpg

21.jpg

Custom made by myself extra wide carbon fibre battery/electronics tray and redesigned carbon fibre shock mount. Took more time than I thought trying to re-work this little car to fit a 3S battery and make everything else fit.
I've a Proforma 1/12th scale GT body shell ready for it but I haven't had time to trial fit and paint that yet so may add pics again once that's done. (y)

Just finished the main part of another speed runner RC project I've been working on which is a 1/12th scale Serpent S120 LTX. Hoping to run it in the "Mini Class" at ROSSA UK this year.

View attachment 65613

View attachment 65614

Custom made by myself extra wide carbon fibre battery/electronics tray and redesigned carbon fibre shock mount. Took more time than I thought trying to re-work this little car to fit a 3S battery and make everything else fit.
I've a Proforma 1/12th scale GT body shell ready for it but I haven't had time to trial fit and paint that yet so may add pics again once that's done. (y)

you have some fat tyres there, should have plenty of traction.

you have some fat tyres there, should have plenty of traction.
Thanks and I hope so.

It's small compared to my Arrma 1/8th and 1/7th scale but speed wise the battery/motor/gearing combo should be good for over 100mph so it's going to need all the traction it can get. :LOL::)

Made some minor revisions to my 1/12th scale Serpent speed runner in order to get the body fitting nicely as the ESC with the fan attached was just too high so the fan has gone.
I've also added some weight in a couple of places to try and balance it out as well as keep the nose down when the speeds get higher. Time will tell if that works or not. :unsure::LOL:
27.jpg

I've done a marble type effect on the shell using Tamiya brilliant silver, Tamiya fluorescent orange and backed with Tamiya white PS paints.
28.jpg

29.jpg

Made some minor revisions to my 1/12th scale Serpent speed runner in order to get the body fitting nicely as the ESC with the fan attached was just too high so the fan has gone.
I've also added some weight in a couple of places to try and balance it out as well as keep the nose down when the speeds get higher. Time will tell if that works or not. :unsure::LOL:
View attachment 67621

I've done a marble type effect on the shell using Tamiya brilliant silver, Tamiya fluorescent orange and backed with Tamiya white PS paints.
View attachment 67619

View attachment 67620
I haven't seen one of these run in a long time - but they look great!
Nice buggies!

Wife got me the scx24 for my b-day last week:
2020-0309-Axial-SCX24-BodyUp.jpg

2020-0309-Axial-SCX24-BodyOn.jpg

Have only put 3 packs through it around the house so far. Needs to be about twice as fast for what I do, but it's still amusing. I haven't done anything to it yet other than pull the rear diff cover off to see how my new wiha .05mm screwdriver fit, then put some red-n-tacky in there.

My bashers for the day = xmaxx 8s, Maxx 4s, Outcast 6s, Kraton 6s, and the new kid on the block, Kaiju 6s. Sorry two Arrmas are in the mix ?.View attachment 70412
I didn't realize how big the maxx 4s was. I thought it was a hair larger than the stampede 4x4... seeing it next to the 6s kraton and outcast 6s really makes me want one again! If only I didn't have my stampede... lol!

I didn't realize how big the maxx 4s was. I thought it was a hair larger than the stampede 4x4... seeing it next to the 6s kraton and outcast 6s really makes me want one again! If only I didn't have my stampede... lol!
Yeah it's got the widemaxx kit installed, steel widemaxx driveshafts, 17mm aluminum hexes and the tires from my other Kaiju. It sure is a durable vehicle indeed. Crazy expensive, but tough as nails. ?

Nice collection you have there!
Thanks. The only other bashers missing in there is my truggified Typhon 6s and my other Kaiju, which I'm using as a spare part vehicle for the moment. Oh yeah and my crawlers, which are a TRX4 sport and an axial scx10 II blazer. The crawlers are so much fun on the dry river beds. I'll take pictures of those next.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back