Typhon Plastic spur durability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenj76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Thinking of switching to the metal one at some point or is the standard perfectly fine if running the vehicle to standard specs

All things remaining stock the plastic spur will be fine provided your mesh and slipper are set properly.

No problems yet with the (identical?) part on my Senton 3s. After more than 30 packs i can see a little wear, but the plastic seems to handle 3s really well. I'd say only replace it if it breaks.

Last edited:
All things remaining stock the plastic spur will be fine provided your mesh and slipper are set properly.
This does rerelate to my question regarding the adjustable motor mount , you replied to that question saying if I have no plans changing the pinion etc standard mount should be fine but when we talk about the plastic spur you recommend the mesh is set correctly . I’m not picking I’m just working out wether I should swap out the plastic spur for the metal one or get the adjustable mount , or even just elongate the holes on the standard mount to achieve good mesh

This does rerelate to my question regarding the adjustable motor mount , you replied to that question saying if I have no plans changing the pinion etc standard mount should be fine but when we talk about the plastic spur you recommend the mesh is set correctly . I’m not picking I’m just working out wether I should swap out the plastic spur for the metal one or get the adjustable mount , or even just elongate the holes on the standard mount to achieve good mesh

All things remaining stock ie even your spur is the stock size and your pinions are one of the pinions that is listed in the stock mount, then the stock mount will mesh your pinion and spur and you won't have to guess.

If you change either your spur or pinion to something that is not "hard mounted" on the stock mount then the adjustable mount is what you need.

As an example, the stock mount on the granite 3s blx has mounts for 13t, 15t, 20t and 26t pinions. That is mated to the 57t spur. I am currently using a 22t pinion on the 57t spur and the only way to mesh that pinion is to use the adjustable mount.

If I change the spur to anything other than 57t I would have to use the adjustable mount because the "hard mounts" may not mesh at all with the new spur.

With the regular motor mount you should not have to worry about mesh as long as you only use arrma pinions with the tooth count indicated on the mounting holes.

so when we see these plastic spurs rounded off it’s generally if using The standard mount from failed bearings on the motor or clutch or perhaps a bent motor plate

Exactly. These two reasons.

The spur will wear eventually, for me it holds for about 6 months.

with 5$ compared to 32$, it doesn’t really makes sense to change to the metal one

The metal spur is for the point where you are pushing more power/torque like myself. The plastic spur wouldn't be happy in my setup :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back