Please Do Not Shoot Batteries!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK heres the deal. If you are going to shoot lipo's at least put a Traxxas sticker on it so if there are complaints the Traxxas name will be associated.
(just saying)

(all in fun. I'm sure me being back for 20minutes are already too much for some of you) :devilish::ROFLMAO:

The last thing we should be worried about is a lipo being shot by a gun.
I could think of alot worse on the receiving end of a firearm. If shooting a lipo with a gun in the middle of Times Square in NYC happens I could understand that. But honestly... it is just NOT a thing here. Maybe In Cali it is???
These RC lipos are not even common. RC is such an obscure small hobby in the big scope of things. And RC's go up in fire for whatever reason as it is. Due to malfunctions. Lipo fires just happen. Causing it to happen in a controlled situation is not a bad thing. Whatever technique you use in a safe environment,

OK heres the deal. If you are going to shoot lipo's at least put a Traxxas sticker on it so if there are complaints the Traxxas name will be associated.
(just saying)

(all in fun. I'm sure me being back for 20minutes are already too much for some of you) :devilish::ROFLMAO:
Nah, then they'll sue ya or send a cease and desist order! :ROFLMAO:

I thought open fires and feces all over the streets of the cities there from the thousands of homeless is a regular thing in Cali.. Police do nothing.
I wouldn't worry about a lipo fire that lasts all of 4 minutes at best, is any big thing. No matter how you ignite it. Common to hear gun shots throughout the nights. Its the gunshot that kills or mames someone that matters. Otherwise it is just the noise of a gunshot. We get them here... Not close to where I live but it exists.

LOL 1/4 acre I wish. The min lot is 6,000 SF in my neighborhood. But wait you can build an in 1,100 SF law unit too. Which means two adaddresses.
That's why I've never owned less than an acre of land. I wanna do what I wanna do on my land. (y) 🍻

The last thing we should be worried about is a lipo being shot by a gun.
I could think of alot worse on the receiving end of a firearm. If shooting a lipo with a gun in the middle of Times Square in NYC happens I could understand that. But honestly... it is just NOT a thing here. Maybe In Cali it is???
These RC lipos are not even common. RC is such an obscure small hobby in the big scope of things. And RC's go up in fire for whatever reason as it is. Due to malfunctions. Lipo fires just happen. Causing it to happen in a controlled situation is not a bad thing. Whatever technique you use in a safe environment,
I totally appreciate that and agree but...

I'm sure you know this, you are about 2,000 more likely to die from heart disease (~700K) than an "assault rifle" (~300), but heart disease doesn't get protests in Washington. The scope of things is changes when some idiot decides to shoot a lipo on his back porch and burns down his house.
I thought open fires and feces all over the streets of the cities there from the thousands of homeless is a regular thing in Cali.. Police do nothing.
I wouldn't worry about a lipo fire that lasts all of 4 minutes at best, is any big thing. No matter how you ignite it. Common to hear gun shots throughout the nights.
You don't hear gunshots at night because they are banned. It's the safest place in the world. ;)

They do take fire very seriously though, it's exaggerated a little by the news, but I know people that have lost there homes and/or business to wild fires. A few years back the sky was red and it look like Mars for a week. It is some serious stuff. But that's a whole other subject.

Granted, you have brush fire issues, I get that. But is isloated to your area. Not so everywhere else in the states has brush fires I think tossing a cigarette is a major cause aside from outright arson.. So destroying/igniting a lipo by any means is not correct to do where you are.. Common sense dictates. Yes.
Errant Gun shots here in NYC are never from Licensed carry owners. Should know that. Not sure what you mean by Banned. You think the Unlicensed Perps possessing guns care about a Gun Discharge Ban. Hell no. Any Gun discharge is illegal in NYC and many other NYS cities.

I got the perfect solution for you out there that are restricted to use your guns how you want to .you may come down to Rhode island and bring all your ammo biggest guns .scopes.night vision flame throwers grenades super sonic missiles and have a blast down here shooting down all of our Norway Rats that are big enough to kill a grizzly bear .these suckers are taking over in the last few years and over populating .breeding like fkin rabbits..eating people's cats and dogs ..hawks won't even mess with them..so you all can come into my back yard set up and fire away at will.cops will not bother you .make sure you look up into trees .they love to climb and drop down on people ..watch your head and your back..so fk blowing up lipos and come get this disgusting rodents .👍

Make some food for em and plant a puffed lipo in it😈
I got the perfect solution for you out there that are restricted to use your guns how you want to .you may come down to Rhode island and bring all your ammo biggest guns .scopes.night vision flame throwers grenades super sonic missiles and have a blast down here shooting down all of our Norway Rats that are big enough to kill a grizzly bear .these suckers are taking over in the last few years and over populating .breeding like fkin rabbits..eating people's cats and dogs ..hawks won't even mess with them..so you all can come into my back yard set up and fire away at will.cops will not bother you .make sure you look up into trees .they love to climb and drop down on people ..watch your head and your back..so fk blowing up lipos and come get this disgusting rodents .👍

(just saying)

No way bro.. where tf you been!
is*

giphy (8).gif

Just a PSA here. Specifically, something to think about to protect the hobby.

I've seen so many videos and even people on AF tell others to "shoot their bad lipo batteries".

Can you shoot a LiPo with a 9mm, yes it will put a hole in it and release all the energy. But it is a really really bad idea because not everyone would think this through.

First off I live in a city of 1M people and shooting (even BB guns) anything in your backyard is illegal. Then the plume of smoke would appear and the Karen next door would call the fire department. Now you got a whole lot of splainen to do. The city will investigate, you will have a toxic mess to deal with and a very large bill from the Fire Department, which your insurance will not pay because it involved an illegal action.

I don't know about other areas, but there is no legit range nor open space anywhere in CA that will allow you to shoot a flammable object without a whole lot of permits and contingency plans. Remember the wild fires that will be starting in about a month? If you have access to private land, you could go there, you still have a fire risk and I never want to be "that guy".

The last and most important thing doing stupid things with guns reflects very poorly everyone in the hobby regardless of location.

For the gun owners, in case you haven't noticed the 2nd amendment is constantly under attack and doing anything that even looks questionable is just ammunition (pun intended) for the nay sayers to have their way. There are many law suits happening and laws being overturned, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a large contingent of people that don't like guns and their argument is based purely on emotion and the facts nor the law matter to them.

In the end people will do what they do, but please keep in mind that your actions can affect others.
Lol. City people. My nearest neighbour is ½ mile west and it’s family.

Granted, you have brush fire issues, I get that. But is isloated to your area. Not so everywhere else in the states has brush fires I think tossing a cigarette is a major cause aside from outright arson.. So destroying/igniting a lipo by any means is not correct to do where you are.. Common sense dictates. Yes.
Errant Gun shots here in NYC are never from Licensed carry owners. Should know that. Not sure what you mean by Banned. You think the Unlicensed Perps possessing guns care about a Gun Discharge Ban. Hell no. Any Gun discharge is illegal in NYC and many other NYS cities.

Kind of going (already gone) down a rat hole here. I think we are both Pro 2A and pro common sense.

Peace out brother, I'm going to play cars now.

Lol. City people. My nearest neighbour is ½ mile west and it’s family.
City ? That's a understatement..more like a concrete jungle...poop is real down here bro..our Rats down here are like a bunch of mad Sooped up kraytons on 12s ..feeding them a puffed up lipo is dinner for them 🤣🤣

You should of just said rats, they reproduce significantly faster than rabbits!!🤣

You should of just said rats, they reproduce significantly faster than rabbits!!🤣
Oh yes they do .that's how they survive.mass production.i respect all forms of life on earth but when these ugly ass big fkers come into my yard my favorite weapon of choice is my cross bow 🏹.
But I'm not that great at it 🤣.so most end up in my neighbors yards or in my fence .any one know where I can get some explosive tips for my bows

Oh yes they do .that's how they survive.mass production.i respect all forms of life on earth but when these ugly ass big fkers come into my yard my favorite weapon of choice is my cross bow 🏹.
But I'm not that great at it 🤣.so most end up in my neighbors yards or in my fence .any one know where I can get some explosive tips for my bows
You could make some with some black powder and a couple smash-bangs😁

You could make some with some black powder and a couple smash-bangs😁
I'll have to look into it 🤣 either that or I'll have to buy a kraton and install a flame thrower on it and have a field day with these rats🤣

I wouldn't worry about a lipo fire that lasts all of 4 minutes at best, is any big thing. No matter how you ignite it. Common to hear gun shots throughout the nights. Its the gunshot that kills or mames someone that matters. Otherwise it is just the noise of a gunshot. We get them here... Not close to where I live but it exists.
Laws only apply to people the state can collect fines from, homeless and wealthy are exempt.

Vigilance is over the top there in FL. Karens are everywhere.
Gated community syndrome = Karen paradise.
FL is where Karens and Kevins go to retire..😂🤣
Lets not forget that whaever is a Cali "problem" is coming to a state near you soon.
Nah...I live in the sticks man. People around here will die before it's turned into anything remotely close to FL or CA!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back