Please Do Not Shoot Batteries!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Just a PSA here. Specifically, something to think about to protect the hobby.

I've seen so many videos and even people on AF tell others to "shoot their bad lipo batteries".

Can you shoot a LiPo with a 9mm, yes it will put a hole in it and release all the energy. But it is a really really bad idea because not everyone would think this through.

First off I live in a city of 1M people and shooting (even BB guns) anything in your backyard is illegal. Then the plume of smoke would appear and the Karen next door would call the fire department. Now you got a whole lot of splainen to do. The city will investigate, you will have a toxic mess to deal with and a very large bill from the Fire Department, which your insurance will not pay because it involved an illegal action.

I don't know about other areas, but there is no legit range nor open space anywhere in CA that will allow you to shoot a flammable object without a whole lot of permits and contingency plans. Remember the wild fires that will be starting in about a month? If you have access to private land, you could go there, you still have a fire risk and I never want to be "that guy".

The last and most important thing doing stupid things with guns reflects very poorly everyone in the hobby regardless of location.

For the gun owners, in case you haven't noticed the 2nd amendment is constantly under attack and doing anything that even looks questionable is just ammunition (pun intended) for the nay sayers to have their way. There are many law suits happening and laws being overturned, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a large contingent of people that don't like guns and their argument is based purely on emotion and the facts nor the law matter to them.

In the end people will do what they do, but please keep in mind that your actions can affect others.

I don't live in Cali.
That doesn't apply to me.
Not quite sure what's going there......but common sense seems to be in short supply over there.

Last edited:
I own guns in cali, I agree with @Jerold, this is such a nazi state you can't blink without offending someone. Do not need to draw attention. Not like those of you who own property or have open spaces to do silly things. Here almost everything fun is illegal. This really should be a PSA for Commiefornia residents.

I'm still having fun here. Not the best place to be. But..... Was in FL by contrast recently for many weeks. I don't know what all the hooplah is about. At least the FL east coast didn't seem all that to me. :unsure: I was walking in my Moms well secured and very large gated comunity and I was challeneged 3 times, just walking and talking on my phone. First time someone approached me and asked who I was and what I was doing here. Real loud so others joined in. I ignored them and kept walking back to the condo, they followed me to my door. I told them to leave or I will call the Sheriff for harrassement. My first night there. Some great welcome I got in FL. Vigilance is over the top there in FL. Karens are everywhere. Since when does a civilian citizen get to demand I Identify myself. Picture that.
Picture that happening here in NYC. Thats' how people get shot.
Guns don't kill, people do.
Edited.

Last edited:
I'm still having fun here. Not the best place to be. But..... Was in FL by contrast recently for many weeks. I don't know what all the hooplah is about. At least the FL east coast didn't seem all that to me. :unsure: I was walking in my Moms well secured and very large gated comunity and I was challeneged 3 times, just walking and talking on my phone. First time someone approached me and asked who I was and what I was doing here. Real loud so others joined in. I ignored them and kept walking back to the condo, they followed me to my door. I told them to leave or I will call the Sheriff for harrassement. My first night there. Some great welcome I got in FL. Vigilance is over the top there in FL. Karens are everywhere. Since when does a civilian citizen get to demand I Identify myself. Picture that.
Picture that happening here in NYC. Thats' how people get shot.
Guns don't kill, people do.
Edited.
Where at in FL.?

Its Easter sunday for me. As a ritual I have always run my RC's on Easter sunday for the past 35+ years. I got 5 lipos charging right now. :giggle:
Where at in FL.?
Palm Beach. Go figure. I was just talking and walking on my Phone in conversation. There were also others doing their evening walk. I was singled out.
Why? I have no clue. Following me to my door was quite violating for me. They know where I live now. Picture me following them back where they live..... For Christ's sake, I am on vacation caring for my elderly 84 yo Mom. That sucked. Happend twice more in the 4 week I was there. I was dressed like a Tourist in decent clothing and all. Picture me if I was wearing a hoodie. I'm an old man with a limp. Older than they were.
F!@#ked up if you ask me. The condo will be left to me. I will sell that place in a heartbeat and move to the west coast of FL if anywhere. I parked my Car in my assigned parking space and a lady came over, never said a word to me, thought she was.... she came to blatantly look at my license Plate on the back. Like WTF is going on there in FL???
I think half of Cali moved to Palm Bch FL.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Its Easter sunday for me. As a ritual I have always run my RC's on Easter sunday for the past 35+ years. I got 5 lipos charging right now. :giggle:

Palm Beach. Go figure. I was just talking and walking on my Phone in conversation. There were also others doing their evening walk. I was singled out.
Why? I have no clue. Following me to my door was quite violating for me. They know where I live now. Picture me following them back where they live..... For Christ's sake, I am on vacation caring for my elderly 84 yo Mom. That sucked. Happend twice more in the 4 week I was there. I was dressed like a Tourist in decent clothing and all. Picture me if I was wearing a hoodie. I'm an old man with a limp. Older than they were.
F!@#ked up if you ask me. The condo will be left to me. I will sell that place in a heartbeat and move to the west coast of FL if anywhere. I parked my Car in my assigned parking space and a lady came over, never said a word to me, thought she was.... she came to blatantly look at my license Plate on the back. Like WTF is going on there in FL???
Neighborhood crime watch? :LOL:

Gated community syndrome = Karen paradise.

Yeah I guess its a crime to walk and talk on your phone in FL. Not a freedom anymore for some of us I guess.... FL is over rated... My mom says everyone is in everyone else business. Even my moms friends would keep asking her when I am leaving to go home, repeatedly for the weeks I was there.. They met me already. Why don't they ask me??? They asked me a million other questions. Like its any of their business. Weird living down there. I have way more privacy and anonymity where I am in NYC, amongst the crowds and all. I feel safer here ironically.

Do you own a Gun there in Cali??
I'm pro 2A. :)

Sounds like a Cali problem... Who I really feel bad for is the Canadians. Nobodies allowed to have fun up there🤷🏼‍♂️
It's not a Cali problem nor a 2A problem. It's all over I just happened to be in Cali, land of Karens. Lets not forget that whaever is a Cali "problem" is coming to a state near you soon.

Nah, just stick the battery in a pile of dirt and use a crossbow... no noise, no fire spreading, and still plenty of good old fashioned fun👍
Do as you will. My point is not everyone is in your situation and telling someone else that's a good idea is a bad idea. They may not think it through and when it hits the fan it reflects poorly on everyone.

Damn man that sucks.. I love it here but I will admit, there are a lot of Karen's here that is one thing for sure.. I guess it's comes with the rising population!!

I think that advice/PSA is more for your brethren in Cali. That's all I am saying.
If I want to hammer a nail in my Lipo on my own property safely or otherwise, that is on ME. And don't do what I do. If so, it's at your own risk. Common sense rules. You either have it or don't. You can't give it to others,
Stop worrying about the other guy. At the risk of sounding like another Karen.

My mom says everyone is in everyone else business.
Sounds like Cali. I'm not responsible for myself, but I and responsible for everyone else. Oh wait they just want money. Seriously though I want my neighbors (most of them) to know me and who should be at my house when, but I don't want them over at me house to check out my guests either.

Lets not forget that whaever is a Cali "problem" is coming to a state near you soon
True , after Biden, the Left will view Newsome as their savior, when he is the worst thing that could possibly happen to this country.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back