POWERHOBBY ARMOR X LARGE SCALE BELTED PRE-MOUNTED MONSTER TRUCK TIRES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First little rip so far. Tires hook up in grass way better then masher x. Will go to my spot maybe tomorrow and get the full story on these new tires.
Did you get the chance to test them again? I'm really curious to find out...plus I blew one of my older backflips on sunday...so this might be another option

Had a little rip today. It’s really dry. Anything non ballooning it’s hard for traction. I’m having gluing issues. Idk if it’s the crome or just crappy glueing from the factory. But once I get the glueing issue fixed. I would recommend them for the price. On the grass and dirt it’s slides in the turns and get on the throttle front end comes up very nice. Not for on road use. I will keep my mashers for that. If we get a rain to dampen the ground I bet it will grip very well. No tire wear so far. Review so far.

I'm also wondering about air control with them

Wow
Wheel/Tire weight is pretty important for many reasons. I have been out of the 1/5 scale scene for a long time, but sounds like the XMAXX 8s wheel/tire is still one of the lightest.
They are the worst. Traxxas tires suck.
Mashers do great in certain terrain. I’m sure the mx57 badlands would be awesome. I’m trying these new powerhobby armor tires just because with the mashers I get a lot of build up inside of the wheels so I wanted something more open spokes like the backflip wheels. I believe having your diffs tuned also helps with tires not blowing out. More pwr need more weight in diffs. Not tuning crazy gearing also helps. Trying to get 70mph out of stock tires is just a disaster. Keeping it just below 60 works great for me on road.
Has anyone tried the MX57’s ?

Just looking for some feedback.

They are the worst. Traxxas tires suck.

Has anyone tried the MX57’s ?

Just looking for some feedback.
I've heard complaints of rims cracking with those mx57's. Seems crazy to me as I've landed on concrete with my masher x and my rims are just fine.

I've heard complaints of rims cracking with those mx57's. Seems crazy to me as I've landed on concrete with my masher x and my rims are just fine.
They look a lot like the smaller Pro-Line tires that crack too no? The smaller badlands with the removable center hub. Or are the MX57 a different design?

They look a lot like the smaller Pro-Line tires that crack too no? The smaller badlands with the removable center hub. Or are the MX57 a different design?
Tbh I'm not sure. I know I've seen multiple posts around about them cracking though. I really wanted them to be good as I would like a different option to the heavy beadlocks. I'm realty hesitant to buy anything from duratrax too.

Pretty sure Santa is bring me a XRT for Christmas and for some reason I’m feeling the MX57’s would be a good fit.
The mx57’s definitely have a bigger rim with less meat on the tire. I could see the cracking. I have the mashers and I’m not really impressed with them, but I haven’t cracked one. I think the masher rims are the same size as the 57’s ? I think 🤔

Pretty sure Santa is bring me a XRT for Christmas and for some reason I’m feeling the MX57’s would be a good fit.

Imo you should consider the masher x instead. Rims don't crack, belted and even though they're not as light as the mx57 they're still lighter than pretty much everything else and that's probably why the mx57 rims keep cracking.

The mx57 probably have better air control though. I've tried the mashers on the XRT but on the street only. Plan on doing some jumps with them asap but they did decent in the air on my kraton 8s.

I liked the mashers on the XRT so much I don't want to take them off. Thing rips! I'm going to post a video of a little test drive tomorrow if you want to see em.

Grats on your future XRT btw, it's a great truck!

little short of the XRT using mashers on my Icy Road.

Last edited:
I like them.

Liked them so much there purchased. Will update with weight and opinions when they show up.

Had a little rip today. It’s really dry. Anything non ballooning it’s hard for traction. I’m having gluing issues. Idk if it’s the crome or just crappy glueing from the factory. But once I get the glueing issue fixed. I would recommend them for the price. On the grass and dirt it’s slides in the turns and get on the throttle front end comes up very nice. Not for on road use. I will keep my mashers for that. If we get a rain to dampen the ground I bet it will grip very well. No tire wear so far. Review so far.
Do you still like the PowerHobby tires?

Which prolines would you go with? Mostly going to be used on the Outcast 8s and maybe a little on the Xmaxx. Leaning towards the mx43.
I'd go for the mx43 too. They're really nice tires

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back