POWERHOBBY ARMOR X LARGE SCALE BELTED PRE-MOUNTED MONSTER TRUCK TIRES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon TLR
Powerhobby-Armor-X-Large-Scale-Belted-Pre-Mounted-Monster-Truck-Tires-5.jpg

New from Powerhobby are some very gnarly Armor X Large Scale Belted Pre-Mounted Monster Truck Tires. These bad boys are sized to fit trucks like the Traxxas X-Maxx and ARRMA Kraton 8S and come pre-glued for your bashing enjoyment. Check out these highlights-

* Belted to eliminate tire ballooning
* Micro Fiber-Tech (MFT) belt design
* 24mm wheel hex
* More grip, longer tire life, with added reliability
* Includes 2 pre-mounted tires
* Diameter – 8.0″
* Weight – 1.5lbs per wheel/tire
* Available with chrome or black wheels

The Powerhobby Armor X Large Scale Belted Pre-Mounted Monster Truck Tires are street priced at $74 and have a part number of #PHT3279.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/powerhobby-armor-x-large-scale-belted-pre-mounted-monster-truck-tires/

So are they glued? Looks like a bead lock?
It's mentions this in the link:

Micro Fiber-Tech (MFT) is a new innovation and technology which combines a unique woven belt and a special adhesive formula that perfectly bonds within the carcass of the tires. Therefore, its quality is retained over the entire lifetime of the product "

So I assume it's glued, they do come in black or chrome too, 74.95 pair. 1.5lb each

Last edited:
how much does stock Kraton EXB 8S 24mm wheels weight ?

And how much does Duratrax sixpack 8s 24mm wheels weight ?

Anyone try these JETKO 24mm ?

image.jpg

Here comes JETKO EX 1/5 XMT tires for Traxxas X-Maxx and ARRMA Kraton 8s & Outcast 8s! With wheel connector which allow to switch between Traxxas and ARRMA system easily! The two pattens as TOMAHAWK and KING COBRA were made with USA rubber and all secured with LOCTITE instant adhesive to insure quality! The belt was basic processing for EX XMT tires to resist strong expansion in intense driving! Just come and feel the all new JETKO EX tires!
JK5801--1/5 XMT EX-TOMAHAWK Tires
JK5802--1/5 XMT EX-KING COBRA Tires
JK7304B1 EX 1/5 XMT Wheel Connector--24mm for traxxas X-Maxx
JK7304B2 EX 1/5 XMT Wheel Connector--24mm for Arrma (Kraton 8s & Outcast 8s)

http://www.jetkopower.com/product/ex-tires/1-5-xmt

speedrun video Jetko 1/5

Stock k8 exb Copperhead 2 big blocks are 1.65 lbs each, 750 grams.
Wow
Wheel/Tire weight is pretty important for many reasons. I have been out of the 1/5 scale scene for a long time, but sounds like the XMAXX 8s wheel/tire is still one of the lightest.

Wow
Wheel/Tire weight is pretty important for many reasons. I have been out of the 1/5 scale scene for a long time, but sounds like the XMAXX 8s wheel/tire is still one of the lightest.
Yeah the standard k 8s copperhead are a like 500g something I think. The kraton is a whole different truck than the lighter plastic vehicle weight. I blow stock tires easily on xlx2 1100 kv 30/39. That's why I don't run them. Masher xs lately

Stock tires suck! Funny enough, the 2 front tires were wrapped with Kevlar and didn't blow 🤣

Saw a 5T with a Max4 running 12S blow a MX43 badland this weekend and it blew the body off the truck. It was very impressive. Batteries were then swapped into a 5B Max4 and he ran it for a bit and I've never seen beadlock badlands balloon that much.

Yeah the standard k 8s copperhead are a like 500g something I think. The kraton is a whole different truck than the lighter plastic vehicle weight. I blow stock tires easily on xlx2 1100 kv 30/39. That's why I don't run them. Masher xs lately
Haven’t had a problem with my backflips on my outcast. There 600 grams a piece. Just wore out my second set recently. I have mashers also. There okay.

Haven’t had a problem with my backflips on my outcast. There 600 grams a piece. Just wore out my second set recently. I have mashers also. There okay.
After being a sadist and going thru 2 sets of duratrax wheels I went back to the backflips. Haven't had an issue since..(knock on wood). I rock the Masher X's also....depends on the terrain. I've wanted to try the Badland beadlocks, but just concerned about the extra drive train strain...

Mashers do great in certain terrain. I’m sure the mx57 badlands would be awesome. I’m trying these new powerhobby armor tires just because with the mashers I get a lot of build up inside of the wheels so I wanted something more open spokes like the backflip wheels. I believe having your diffs tuned also helps with tires not blowing out. More pwr need more weight in diffs. Not tuning crazy gearing also helps. Trying to get 70mph out of stock tires is just a disaster. Keeping it just below 60 works great for me on road.

View attachment 222806

New from Powerhobby are some very gnarly Armor X Large Scale Belted Pre-Mounted Monster Truck Tires. These bad boys are sized to fit trucks like the Traxxas X-Maxx and ARRMA Kraton 8S and come pre-glued for your bashing enjoyment. Check out these highlights-

* Belted to eliminate tire ballooning
* Micro Fiber-Tech (MFT) belt design
* 24mm wheel hex
* More grip, longer tire life, with added reliability
* Includes 2 pre-mounted tires
* Diameter – 8.0″
* Weight – 1.5lbs per wheel/tire
* Available with chrome or black wheels

The Powerhobby Armor X Large Scale Belted Pre-Mounted Monster Truck Tires are street priced at $74 and have a part number of #PHT3279.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/powerhobby-armor-x-large-scale-belted-pre-mounted-monster-truck-tires/
They're actually for the X-Maxx. Just like most.
Still need to be Drilled Out for the Arrma Axels. Be prepared for this, ahead of your purchase.
At that high price, they should have Pre-Drilled them out for the Arrma specific, 1/5 application. They cheaped out.:rolleyes: Cheezy IMHO.
But it's still an option.

They're actually for the X-Maxx. Just like most.
Still need to be Drilled Out for the Arrma Axels. Be prepared for this, ahead of your purchase.
At that high price, they should have Pre-Drilled them out for the Arrma specific, 1/5 application. They cheaped out.:rolleyes: Cheezy IMHO.
But it's still an option.
I might try these on my Xmaxx, seems like the best cheap option for K8 tires is backflip 8s ?

Mashers do great in certain terrain. I’m sure the mx57 badlands would be awesome. I’m trying these new powerhobby armor tires just because with the mashers I get a lot of build up inside of the wheels so I wanted something more open spokes like the backflip wheels. I believe having your diffs tuned also helps with tires not blowing out. More pwr need more weight in diffs. Not tuning crazy gearing also helps. Trying to get 70mph out of stock tires is just a disaster. Keeping it just below 60 works great for me on road.
For sure.
I just got a set of the rc4wd 4mm pin cvd outdrives. Bought new diffs, topped the rear off with 200k and up front I added a smidgen of earplug to the 200. I didn't have anything higher in the 100 thousands so I figured that would do the trick. Gearing is a good point also. After going thru pinion size experiments I finally landed on 28/39 with my hw m5/5687. Seems to be the sweet spot for me. As for top speed, anything above 45mph for me is fine.

im comfused

stock kraton 8s exb Copperhead 2 wheels weight 685grams each ? ??
duratrax weight weight about 750g ?

if i remember right Proline weight about 950g each ?

I don't want wheels that weight more than 750g

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back