Outcast 1/5 SCALE SERVOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
The steering on my OC8sV2 is really pretty good but I know eventually I’ll want a better quicker, stronger, WP servo. What have you guys been upgrading to? Thanks guys!

I’ve got the primal one in both my 8s Arrmas. I saw there is a 1/5 Perfect Pass servo coming, so I’d maybe wait for that?

I’ve got the primal one in both my 8s Arrmas. I saw there is a 1/5 Perfect Pass servo coming, so I’d maybe wait for that?
Which primal do you have and are they good enough to get more, or are you going with PP next?

Are you talking about the Primal for $60 and is it waterproof. I don’t run in a lot of water but I do hit the occasional puddle and wet grass. I have a Perfect Pass in my Kraton XL but of course it is 1/8 scale. Great servo so far.
Thanks! 👊🏼
Are you talking about the Primal for $60 and is it waterproof. I don’t run in a lot of water but I do hit the occasional puddle and wet grass. I have a Perfect Pass in my Kraton XL but of course it is 1/8 scale. Great servo so far.
Will the Primal run on 8.4v ?

Last edited:
not waterproof and I've never had a problem with the occasional puddle and or wet grass. I actually just put my truck in the bathtub yesterday for a bath and it's fine. :cool:

Put a brand new Primal 1373 servo in my buddies truck and it lasted 1 run, never submerged the truck or exposed it to any kind of crazy water. Ripped it mostly on the pavement and through some wet grass, it did take a couple cartwheel tumbles but, that was it. Anyone ran into any kind of similar issues or know what could've possibly caused it to fail so prematurely?

Put a brand new Primal 1373 servo in my buddies truck and it lasted 1 run, never submerged the truck or exposed it to any kind of crazy water. Ripped it mostly on the pavement and through some wet grass, it did take a couple cartwheel tumbles but, that was it. Anyone ran into any kind of similar issues or know what could've possibly caused it to fail so prematurely?
Someone warned me about the 1373’s, apparently it wiped out their whole system.. That said, I’ve got one in my K8S and it works fine. 🤷‍♂️

Thats the 60$ primal servo right? I have one in my outcast 8s for a while now with zero problems. My outcast has been beat all the way up too and even ran it in the snow once. I think it's definitely possible to get a dud though. I've got jx servos in my k8s and dbxl and both have been great but I burned one up in my 1/5th on road rig while it was on the bench.

Last edited:
Thats the 60$ primal servo right? I have one in my outcast 8s for a while now with zero problems. My outcast has been beat all the way up too and even ran it in the snow once. I think it's definitely possible to get a dud though. I've got jx servos in my k8s and dbxl and both have been great but I burned one up in my 1/5th on road rig while it was on the bench.
I think these cheap servos just randomly crap out more often than a nice "ya get what ya pay for servo" My hobbystar and spektrum 6510 servos crapped out first run. I got them because of being inexpensive and recommended.

The 100kg primal servo is a beast, and is still pretty affordable. I went to the 13130 (130kg) in my outcast 8s and the 100kg is replacing the full size savox in my xmaxx.

The 100kg primal servo is a beast, and is still pretty affordable. I went to the 13130 (130kg) in my outcast 8s and the 100kg is replacing the full size savox in my xmaxx.
That 130kg is a beast! 💪🏼 I think the OC8s is a little easier to steer than my K8s. Let us know how it works out!

How did your servo housing lid fit with that 13130? Mine took a little finessing to get right because it’s a bit chunky

How did your servo housing lid fit with that 13130? Mine took a little finessing to get right because it’s a bit chunky

I left the servo loose and installed it, then snugged the servo down. It was a little tighter than I liked hitting the cover, so I shimmed the servo out slightly with a few washers. Everything else still lined up fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back