Kraton Powerhobby defender 3.8 tire test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So I’ve been looking at tires for the kraton we call the “crackhead”and I decided to go with the Powerhobby Belted defenders. I tried the proline belted trenchers first but there way too heavy and the plastic wheel hex got messed up on the wheel. This should be a good torture test of the powerhobby wheels.
I’m running a MMX8S with a sensored 2200kv motor with 19t/50t. The wheels seem well made can’t wait to try them out.
77D6A94C-DD0E-4939-B501-FDE4382B7014.jpeg
1FD66C86-FBD3-4F75-BC8E-0E5B1DDCF120.jpeg
4F7EF3C5-E911-4218-B31B-5FF6A28F0244.jpeg
2A0F78E0-288E-49E8-9E81-0A22087D1380.jpeg
77D6A94C-DD0E-4939-B501-FDE4382B7014.jpeg
1FD66C86-FBD3-4F75-BC8E-0E5B1DDCF120.jpeg
4F7EF3C5-E911-4218-B31B-5FF6A28F0244.jpeg
2A0F78E0-288E-49E8-9E81-0A22087D1380.jpeg
26009A22-3C81-42BE-BCC6-40C04636FA24.jpeg
AB22EEE2-A12A-448C-A0A3-4B7BB74D9785.jpeg

I’m curious about those tires and how they perform. Also, love the body on that truck.

How well does the 1515 handle that heavy truck?

They look great. Hope they work out well, the 1/5 scale ones I never got to hear much of a review on so I look forward to yours. PS, all your rigs always look fantastic, really makes a guy want to step up his game.

Those tires got some CHONK to them, don't they? PHEW! And that rig still manages Texas highway speeds. Hats off to ya!
We didn’t run that fast with those tires. We had some street tires I for sure. I am Curious how fast I can run with these shoes on. We will find out!!

May have to try some. I gave up on prolines since their hubs seem to be made of clay. PowerHobby is priced right but I’ve been more than happy with my Backflips on my OC6S. Still need to try the LP’s at some point.
My problem any tire that’s not belted just turns into a 🍕 cutter quick!
They look great. Hope they work out well, the 1/5 scale ones I never got to hear much of a review on so I look forward to yours. PS, all your rigs always look fantastic, really makes a guy want to step up his game.
I’m hoping I get some time this weekend to get a little drive time. I like them more then the proline trenchers in hand they seem way less bulky/heavy then the trenchers but really not that big a difference in weight.

Last edited:
Shame about the proline wheels. Being the chronic cheapskate I am, I'll never buy a set knowing the hubs are susceptible. I know the tires themselves are great, but for me, it's like buying 1:1 tires from a price point..seriously, $100 per pair for 1/6 tires/wheels!? Never..

Unlike most wheel and tire combos, the Pro-Line wheels have a replaceable center hub. Replacing the center hub is a lot cheaper than replacing entire wheels and tires. And while they are expensive, Pro-Line makes aluminum center hubs for those wheels that should prevent failure of the center hub.

Unlike most wheel and tire combos, the Pro-Line wheels have a replaceable center hub. Replacing the center hub is a lot cheaper than replacing entire wheels and tires. And while they are expensive, Pro-Line makes aluminum center hubs for those wheels that should prevent failure of the center hub.
Yeah, you're right. I've seen the aluminum adapters. I'll just exit the proline conversation.. I understand that they're worth it to some✌

Yeah, you're right. I've seen the aluminum adapters. I'll just exit the proline conversation.. I understand that they're worth it to some✌
I'm not a fan of Pro-Line wheels and tires myself: my Arrma vehicles have Deboots tires, except for the Typhon 3s that now has Duratrax Lockups after an unsuccessful try of Pro-Line belted Trencher HPs.

Arrma has the best rtr tires IMO. Not all, but most are very good for an rtr tire, and the wheels have proven to be very durable as well. Duratrax makes a pretty good tire for the money, the wheels can be questionable though, especially on the larger scale rigs. I just put a set of Duratrax 1/5 SC "Dinero's " on my Xmaxx, they're a beadlock design which I didn't know till I had them in hand..only a couple runs so far, but I do like them, compound is a bit hard but that should help with longevity.

I'm not a fan of Pro-Line wheels and tires myself: my Arrma vehicles have Deboots tires, except for the Typhon 3s that now has Duratrax Lockups after an unsuccessful try of Pro-Line belted Trencher HPs.
I ran the old trenchers (non belted) for years so when the belted came out I got a pair. Worst tire ever!! way to heavy and bulky. The wheel hex got messed up so I replaced them the new hexes lasted 2 packs and did the same thing. Now there just sitting on the shelf. Anyone wants to try them out they can have them for free!! (well you pay shipping) lol.

I ran the old trenchers (non belted) for years so when the belted came out I got a pair. Worst tire ever!! way to heavy and bulky. The wheel hex got messed up so I replaced them the new hexes lasted 2 packs and did the same thing. Now there just sitting on the shelf. Anyone wants to try them out they can have them for free!! (well you pay shipping) lol.
They 2.8 or 3.8? Either way I might give em a shot. I already have the aluminum adapters

That stings! LOL I guess for the free wheels/tires, the aluminum adapters don't sound soo bad? Sorry for your loss. 🍻
They 2.8 or 3.8? Either way I might give em a shot. I already have the aluminum adapters
There ya go bud!!😃🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back