PPS grub lock screw pitch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Does anyone know the pitch/details of the grublock threaded rod? Mine broke and neither M3 nor M4 fits.

I've tried contacting PPS several times with no response. Hoping someone here knows the answer.

Thanks

1687200175699.png

Does anyone know the pitch/details of the grublock threaded rod? Mine broke and neither M3 nor M4 fits.

I've tried contacting PPS several times with no response. Hoping someone here knows the answer.

Thanks

View attachment 306771
Try him on Facebook messenger. He always get back to me in a day or so.

If I recall correctly it uses an M5 tool. That would make it a standard M6 set screw. You could compare pitch against another one to make sure if it’s fine or corse threaded one.

But....you're American. That's what you guys use. lol :LOL:
Americans are idiots apparently because metric seems 10x easier! I don't know why we would purposely use this imperial fraction looking stuff when most of us can't even do math anyway!! :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But....you're American. That's what you guys use. lol :LOL:
Yes, and I have no clue as to why. It’s a stupid system with completely arbitrary metrics that don’t even translate to the rest of the SAE or Imperial standards. How can you have a system that has, for example, ounces? Which ounce do you wish to use, the one for liquid measurement, or the one for weight? Do they correspond? Why, no. They don’t. And what is 15/64 divided by 1/5? Who the f*ck knows, let me grab my calculator… Even most self respecting crack dealers use the metric system.
Americans are idiots apparently because metric seems 10x easier! I don't know why we would purposely use this imperial fraction looking stuff when most of us can't even do math anyway!! :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
In regard to our allegiance to Imperial measurements we are in fact idiots, and the irony is that we cling to this crazy mess when there is a system that is entirely divisible by factors of ten, whose linear and volumetric measurements correspond and actually play well with one another, and virtually every computation one could make can be done by even the most mathematically challenged individuals. This would in fact be extremely useful for us Americans, whose education success ranks horribly with the rest of the world. According to a Business Insider report in 2018, the U.S. ranked 38th in math scores and 24th in science. In light of this, wouldn’t we wish to adopt a system that is easily navigated by most of us dummies and actually makes sense? Naaaahh. The Metric system is clearly some sort of threat to our good old, ’Murican way of life.
Fun fact: the space shuttle Challenger that exploded after liftoff did so because of a failed O-ring in the solid fuel rocket booster. The reason it failed is because the second manufacturer of them, Morton-Thiokol, attempted to translate the incredibly precise metric dimensions called for by NASA engineers, to SAE/Imperial specifications in manufacturing. Why in the actual f*ck would they decide to do this? They failed to properly manufacture them as a result, as the tolerances weren’t even close to what was specified. There were also other issues cited, from inferior rubber to improper material handling, but at the end of the day they blew up the shuttle because they couldn’t translate mm’s to Imperial fractions. There should have been entire new wings of prison cells occupied by these morons after the investigation, but alas…
OK, I’m done with my daily rant. I’ve descended from my soapbox.

Yes, and I have no clue as to why. It’s a stupid system with completely arbitrary metrics that don’t even translate to the rest of the SAE or Imperial standards. How can you have a system that has, for example, ounces? Which ounce do you wish to use, the one for liquid measurement, or the one for weight? Do they correspond? Why, no. They don’t. And what is 15/64 divided by 1/5? Who the f*ck knows, let me grab my calculator… Even most self respecting crack dealers use the metric system.

In regard to our allegiance to Imperial measurements we are in fact idiots, and the irony is that we cling to this crazy mess when there is a system that is entirely divisible by factors of ten, whose linear and volumetric measurements correspond and actually play well with one another, and virtually every computation one could make can be done by even the most mathematically challenged individuals. This would in fact be extremely useful for us Americans, whose education success ranks horribly with the rest of the world. According to a Business Insider report in 2018, the U.S. ranked 38th in math scores and 24th in science. In light of this, wouldn’t we wish to adopt a system that is easily navigated by most of us dummies and actually makes sense? Naaaahh. The Metric system is clearly some sort of threat to our good old, ’Murican way of life.
Fun fact: the space shuttle Challenger that exploded after liftoff did so because of a failed O-ring in the solid fuel rocket booster. The reason it failed is because the second manufacturer of them, Morton-Thiokol, attempted to translate the incredibly precise metric dimensions called for by NASA engineers, to SAE/Imperial specifications in manufacturing. Why in the actual f*ck would they decide to do this? They failed to properly manufacture them as a result, as the tolerances weren’t even close to what was specified. There were also other issues cited, from inferior rubber to improper material handling, but at the end of the day they blew up the shuttle because they couldn’t translate mm’s to Imperial fractions. There should have been entire new wings of prison cells occupied by these morons after the investigation, but alas…
You won't get any argument from me. The interconnectedness of the metric system is a thing of beauty. 1kg = 1L water. 1mL water = 1g. 1m³ water = 1 ton. Freezing = 0°C. Boiling = 100°C. It just goes on and on.

You won't get any argument from me. The interconnectedness of the metric system is a thing of beauty. 1kg = 1L water. 1mL water = 1g. 1m³ water = 1 ton. Freezing = 0°C. Boiling = 100°C. It just goes on and on.we
We don't have $7.20 a gallon gas (Germany but getting close) we can own a gun without having to tell the government WHY I need (Europe) I can live without the metric system!!!! LOL

We don't have $7.20 a gallon gas (Germany but getting close) we can own a gun without having to tell the government WHY I need (Europe) I can live without the metric system!!!! LOL
You'll get no argument from me there either. The two have nothing to do with one another, but your point is taken. Humans lived for a long time before having any measuring system whatsoever. The metric system isn't necessary per se but, it does make a lot of things easier (at least from a measurement perspective, if nothing else).

Ironic but so true.
In my highschool, they had a mandated curiculum taught by US schools to help convert to the Metric system in the 1970's. And that it was absolutley going to happen, like it was a thing. I learned that it was easier. But it was never embraced ultimatley. Teaching the metric system stopped quickly. Probably political reasons like everything else.
They should have continued teaching and converting over to Metric. It really is better.
The best Mfr designs are always done in metric measurments.

Ironic but so true.
In my highschool, they had a mandated curiculum taught by US schools to help convert to the Metric system in the 1970's. And that it was absolutley going to happen, like it was a thing. I learned that it was easier. But it was never embraced ultimatley. Teaching the metric system stopped quickly. Probably political reasons like everything else.
They should have continued teaching and converting over to Metric. It really is better.
The best Mfr designs are always done in metric measurments.
I remember that period, and the push for the metric system around when Carter was President. I had just come back to the States, and I remember the American kids (and teachers!) in my school just totally freaking out about it.
Instead of learning the metric system we got a federally mandated 55mph speed limit! 😂

I remember that period, and the push for the metric system around when Carter was President. I had just come back to the States, and I remember the American kids (and teachers!) in my school just totally freaking out about it.
Instead of learning the metric system we got a federally mandated 55mph speed limit! 😂
Yeah and remember, the 55mph mark on the speedo was always aligned dead center, Sometimes accentuated at this speed with a circle or somethng. With many Speedos only reaching 85mph max on the dial.:giggle:
55 mph was just for Fuel Economy reasons. The average car getting 12-14mpg, if that, at 2k RPMS cruising down the Interstate at 55 mph..... Not for safety IMHO. But cars were less safer anyway back then.

edited.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back