Kraton Product request - 4 mm thick chassis plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One could make one. 4mm aluminum can be bought in 2-3’ lengths from many places on the Internet. Just lay your old chassis on top and cut it out, dremel the diff slots and drill, tap+countersink the holes, and bend it to match...come on now where rc guys...

This is @werner sline homemade 4mm 7075 chassis, just watching him struggle to bend it into shape tells me how much better a 4mm chassis would be over the stock one.

His videos are a riot. that thing is a beast. Best to bend with a sheet metal break. if you have a fabrication shop or know someone who works at one it takes minutes and they could do the two long ways bends near the edges to make it even more strong. We have a press with a break here at work. Lucky me.

The workhorse in the shop
175 Ton press brake with ETS 3000 control station

IMG_8350.JPG

thanks for posting my video ! i appreciate !

meanwhile i welded my own homemade folding tool ! i'm uploading a video right now.

i wanted to show that even with a hammer ( + a bigger hammer lol ) you can make a strong chassis with basic tools !

when people will see my basic folding tool, some will think " uh that isn't anymore homemade stuff, i can't copy that ..."
so the hammertime had to be shown !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back