Kraton Project Custom Chassis Super Stretched Dual Motor 6s "Goliath"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
82A126F4-CBDD-4B7C-BAAA-71BF58B146D5.jpeg

Got the rough edges sanded down and I got the front assembly mounted 😈😈 couple tweaks needed for the front to be correct but it's happenin!! Time to take a shower and have a beer 🍻

not sure if you mentioned but bending the sides of the chassis up will really stiffen it up. Hopefully the grain direction is correct so it does not crack. The angle of the front suspension also affects how the weight transfers when you hit the brakes.

not sure if you mentioned but bending the sides of the chassis up will really stiffen it up. Hopefully the grain direction is correct so it does not crack. The angle of the front suspension also affects how the weight transfers when you hit the brakes.

Luckily he has access to an industrial metal break to make those bends.. 💪

The front up kick should be around 6° max ,from what I measured on my Mojave.
The sides are ~ 3° or 4° ? Don't quote me on that..

Yessir!! I will be bending the sides up. Just wanted to get stuff mocked up and what not before doing it. I actually already bent the front upwards. Compared with with an m2c chassis. I never considered the grain direction though I will say that

Yessir!! I will be bending the sides up. Just wanted to get stuff mocked up and what not before doing it. I actually already bent the front upwards. Compared with with an m2c chassis. I never considered the grain direction though I will say that

if you're not bending it super far it shouldn't be too much of an issue. You can also heat it up before you bend as well

If it didn't crack when ye folded the front up the longitudinal one's'll be fine. Ah'm pretty sure it doesn't have a linear grain structure like wood. If ye'd used a piece of hard ally it'd have cracked already on the front kick up. More to do with the properties of the grade of material used.
An it's cut, it's gonnae be awesome an Ah'm followin. Crack on, nae pun intended @StephenSchandelmayer ! Looks like it'll shine up good!

I'm getting excited now boys!! I knew she was long but holy hell 😍😍 I have still yet to fold the sides but that's coming. Super hyped to have it standing on its own. And it looks pretty beautiful
B93A374C-6063-4DAA-B7AA-2EC00A3578E8.jpeg
F63BBA05-0A6D-4DD8-BDBE-4E33033CCB51.jpeg

I'm getting excited now boys!! I knew she was long but holy hell 😍😍 I have still yet to fold the sides but that's coming. Super hyped to have it standing on its own. And it looks pretty beautiful
View attachment 259484View attachment 259486

Monstrous!! 😱
Now That's a Custom Chassis!

I would Highly suggest one thing..
Go ahead and cut a second Goliath Chassis now using this one as a solid template BEFORE you put any more bends to it... Unless you already have a Template made for your future records (for this chassis making process.)

I really think you're onto something special here and would hope you have kept good Measurement Specs.

Monstrous!! 😱
Now That's a Custom Chassis!

I would Highly suggest one thing..
Go ahead and cut a second Goliath Chassis now using this one as a solid template BEFORE you put any more bends to it... Unless you already have a Template made for your future records (for this chassis making process.)

I really think you're onto something special here and would hope you have kept good Measurement Specs.
1669853571209.gif

Hahaha yes indeed my friend it is crazy to look at. Like @joshludden said it's basically a skateboard. I could totally ride it if I built it up for that.

I have already traced it into another sheet of metal so I have that for the future. I was was waiting to have the front and rear assemblies mounted to know for sure that everything is correct and happy. I actually am considering to not use this chassis ns cut another one that is slightly wider and run that one. That way I can have it a bit wider before the bends start. But that might not be needed
B3B59262-BB1F-4D80-9984-A0588BE0F34D.jpeg

View attachment 259516
Hahaha yes indeed my friend it is crazy to look at. Like @joshludden said it's basically a skateboard. I could totally ride it if I built it up for that.

I have already traced it into another sheet of metal so I have that for the future. I was was waiting to have the front and rear assemblies mounted to know for sure that everything is correct and happy. I actually am considering to not use this chassis ns cut another one that is slightly wider and run that one. That way I can have it a bit wider before the bends start. But that might not be needed
View attachment 259517

When you get chance, let me know the length between the brace mounts ,so I can start drafting a design for the custom carbon fiber center brace.

D6B6EC49-50F7-4A41-8C23-A75DB90B46E3.jpeg

My 2 stretch builds 😍 they look so good together already. Can't wait until Goliath is finished then they will really look amazing. It really does make me want to build a 6x6 though. That would be pretty wicked.

View attachment 259613
My 2 stretch builds 😍 they look so good together already. Can't wait until Goliath is finished then they will really look amazing. It really does make me want to build a 6x6 though. That would be pretty wicked.

When you have eXtendo next to Goliath... he doesn't look so big any more..

You need to give Goliath that Longer and Wider MOD Now!

When you have eXtendo next to Goliath... he doesn't look so big any more..

You need to give Goliath that Longer and Wider MOD Now!
I agree! and if I were to put a kraton next to them it would really put things into perspective 🤣 Already has kraton hubs but I have 20mm JBI extenders coming for it as well so it'll be a bit wider from those. Going to look sick!!

Looking good, what body are you gonna try to fit on it?
I put my O8s body over it and its just not even close, neither is my dads K8s body. But I had brought my other build to my LHS and they had an xmaxx body sitting there and just for fun I sized it up and it fit fairly well. The xmaxx is almost 31 inches long and most of that length is the body. My chassis is 30 inches long so therefore the posts are a little shorter than that. So my plan, and I believe best bet right now is a xmaxx body but I would get the chevy silverado one from proline that way its not really an xmaxx and I think it looks pretty sick. 🤣
Plus I will be running an O8s wing on it so it should look pretty sweet with that as well.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...1-trail-boss-clear-body-x-maxx/PRO350717.html

I put my O8s body over it and its just not even close, neither is my dads K8s body. But I had brought my other build to my LHS and they had an xmaxx body sitting there and just for fun I sized it up and it fit fairly well. The xmaxx is almost 31 inches long and most of that length is the body. My chassis is 30 inches long so therefore the posts are a little shorter than that. So my plan, and I believe best bet right now is a xmaxx body but I would get the chevy silverado one from proline that way its not really an xmaxx and I think it looks pretty sick. 🤣
Plus I will be running an O8s wing on it so it should look pretty sweet with that as well.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...1-trail-boss-clear-body-x-maxx/PRO350717.html

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

View attachment 259484View attachment 259486
Oh damn .just had a flash back when I was making my long Rock.😍 Looks about the same length.is it 30" long? When I finish my frount splitter I should be at around 32" total length.and you still have plenty to add on to the rear and front.nice work .I wanna see more hurry up 🤣🤣
Sorry .here I go again asking questions when the answer is right above me haha.so 30" nice and many more inches to add .sweet.👍👍😍😍

I love that body, I wanted to custom build a prerunner style body for my UDR with a stretched chassis but I never got around to it
That would be pretty sweet!! I would love that. But yeah man I think out of all the xmaxx bodies that one is the best. aggresive lines and such. Love it
Oh damn .just had a flash back when I was making my long Rock.😍 Looks about the same length.is it 30" long? When I finish my frount splitter I should be at around 32" total length.and you still have plenty to add on to the rear and front.nice work .I wanna see more hurry up 🤣🤣
Sorry .here I go again asking questions when the answer is right above me haha.so 30" nice and many more inches to add .sweet.👍👍😍😍
Yeah man the chassis is 30 inches so if you include bumpers and wings and what not it'll be larger than that!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back