Mojave Project "Sunburn" Mojave Bodied Speed Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dscracing1320

BIG AIR BASHER
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave
  7. Mojave EXB
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Senton 3s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
  13. Typhon 3s
What I love about building rigs especially Arrmas are the wide variety of interchangeable parts. I've gotten the speed bug recently and one thing that's always impressed me was a fast mojave body. I say body because it's the part that impresses me not necessarily the parts attached to the build. Even the "fast mojave" guys aren't using mojave gears but Insist their builds are all mojave arms n chassis but the great thing about these cars are you can do whatever makes you happy. And I'm not going after any record of recognition for a particular platform.

Things I do know I'm using are senton 6s carbon towers and shocks, grp 1/5 tires and my own custom wide body flared Mojave Body xlx2 and either a 1100kv or the 1721 2400kv perfect pass lanch control and driveshafts. I'll post progress along the way...

Still not set on a chassis yet, carbon , gt, mojave or infraction.. 🤔

20220919_194523.jpg
20220916_220807.jpg
20220916_220822.jpg
20220917_161717.jpg
20220917_173301.jpg

Got the senton 6s body mounts fitted up and adjusted.

Went ahead and rebuilt the shocks for speed duty Also.

Have to say the flared arched flares are working out amazingly.

20220920_170300.jpg
20220920_170331.jpg
20220920_170715.jpg
20220920_170516.jpg
20220920_171220.jpg

Looking good👍.
I’m not a speedrunner, but I made my own front windshield. Helps a lot to keep the Mojave down.
Yeah I will definitely make one before I'm done.

Got the new carbon chassis mocked up. I'll need to do a lot of cutting and need to move the diff back a inch to fit the v2 spool and driveshafts. Deanodized the hinge pin blocks and the servo saver while I had it apart. Also installed the carbon towers, top plate and rack.

Note: The big block 1200kv 5787 looks like a baby on the Gt chassis.

20221004_175522.jpg
20221005_151446.jpg

Was kind of looking for a thread about a low / speed Mojave.

I build a low Mojave. Just fried the middle differential. Oil was 200k as far as I remember. Differential came apart. Got the metal case here but I am wondering what oil to put in. My top speed is 105km/h. Don't have the interior inside the body. Actually liftet the Mojave off at not that high speed but wind gust from the front did it. Body acted like a parachute and landed perfectly. Was over one meter high off the ground. Looked weird an funny. So I need to fit a windscreen I guess in order to go faster. Mine handles like a mix between Infraction and Mojave.

First time today on dry pavement. Lifts the rear inner wheel in corners and just when it looks like it's going to lift both inner wheels the rear slides around. Did not flip the car once. Not sure if it's going to stay as a basher, speeder or perhaps a drag car.

Build is made from: Mojave chassis, Typhon 6s arms, Kraton hubs for width, Typhon diffs, Max6 4985 motor, Mojave shock tower plate, towers otherwise Typhon, Buggy tires, Typhon 6s shocks.

Do you guys have a spool in the center or a differential? Not sure which way to go and what oil. Wondering about 500k or even 20 million. Front wheels were ballooning too much.

Last edited:
Was kind of looking for a thread about a low / speed Mojave.

I build a low Mojave. Just fried the middle differential. Oil was 200k as far as I remember. Differential came apart. Got the metal case here but I am wondering what oil to put in. My top speed is 105km/h. Don't have the interior inside the body. Actually liftet the Mojave off at not that high speed but wind gust from the front did it. Body acted like a parachute and landed perfectly. Was over one meter high off the ground. Looked weird an funny. So I need to fit a windscreen I guess in order to go faster. Mine handles like a mix between Infraction and Mojave.

First time today on dry pavement. Lifts the rear inner wheel in corners and just when it looks like it's going to lift both inner wheels the rear slides around. Did not flip the car once. Not sure if it's going to stay as a basher, speeder or perhaps a drag car.

Build is made from: Mojave chassis, Typhon 6s arms, Kraton hubs for width, Typhon diffs, Max6 4985 motor, Mojave shock tower plate, towers otherwise Typhon, Buggy tires, Typhon 6s shocks.

Do you guys have a spool in the center or a differential? Not sure which way to go and what oil. Wondering about 500k or even 20 million. Front wheels were ballooning too much.
Are you going to speed run it or just bash around? Speed run I'd run spool 100% bashing 1 to 20 million

Wish this guy would come back and finish this badass build. I wonder what he’s using for a chassis?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back