Thread starter #1

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious
10AF7BBE-31F3-4868-9747-947C33C44B2E.jpeg

After doing battle with the pinion gear on my brand new Typhon, I went and picked up one of these. From the factory, Arrma uses an ungodly amount of loctite on the pinion gear set screw and it gets on the shaft. It took me 30 minutes last night to remove the factory pinion and I beat the hell out of the motor mount in the process. If I had a pinion puller the job would have been over in 5 minutes and my motor mount wouldn’t have been harmed. I’m new to electric so I didn’t have this tool in my box. I do now. For $24 it could save you a ton of aggravation.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
View attachment 21638

After doing battle with the pinion gear on my brand new Typhon, I went and picked up one of these. From the factory, Arrma uses an ungodly amount of loctite on the pinion gear set screw and it gets on the shaft. It took me 30 minutes last night to remove the factory pinion and I beat the hell out of the motor mount in the process. If I had a pinion puller the job would have been over in 5 minutes and my motor mount wouldn’t have been harmed. I’m new to electric so I didn’t have this tool in my box. I do now. For $24 it could save you a ton of aggravation.
That's actually pretty dang clever. I like it! :D

Thread starter #5

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious
That's actually pretty dang clever. I like it! :D
I've only really needed one with brand new vehicles. I got the Kraton one off after a little bit. But the Typhon one wouldn't fit though the motor mount and it made it really difficult.

Mr.Duke

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Outcast
I fought with the stock pinion for 20 minutes and ended up heating the set screw with a soldering iron and my wife's clothes iron on the face of the pinion.
I should probably go ahead and order a puller just to save me future aggravation

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
I ended up cutting my stock pinion off, had to chop the damn thing in half. The grub screw insta stripped on me.

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Mine was stuck pretty good on my outcast when I got it. I used a mini torch on the pinion directly until it was pretty hot, then it slipped off pretty easily.

That puller does look like a good thing to use though in general. Then your not putting any strain at all on the motor shaft/magnet.

TooTall

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Nero, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious
View attachment 21638

@bicketybam can you tell us what model/part number that puller is and where you got it?

TT