Talion PSM high end parts for Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if its not for the v3 Talion he seems to think its a bad idea, i would champion all 3 current chassis's that cover all Kratons, Talions and the swb cars.... but because 2 of the chassis's are older he thinks its a bad idea.........where if you owned PSM surely you would want to make all three......PSM would sell more that way and make more money. Why would we want or PSM want to make just the Talion V3 chassis?

You're attributing the quote to the wrong person. I've made the argument that it makes no sense to build on a less efficient platform when you can already migrate all of the V3 Kraton parts over to a Talion chassis and have a better balanced platform.

I get it that you don't agree. If you're not happy with the parts that are being suggested to PSM, you're more than able to begin negotiations with them to build whatever you'd like.

You're attributing the quote to the wrong person. I've made the argument that it makes no sense to build on a less efficient platform when you can already migrate all of the V3 Kraton parts over to a Talion chassis and have a better balanced platform.

I get it that you don't agree. If you're not happy with the parts that are being suggested to PSM, you're more than able to begin negotiations with them to build whatever you'd like.

I would be happy for them to build all suggested parts.....regarding the chassis though, if PSM spent 2 mins researching what car runs on what chassis and they could only make one, then its unlikely it would be a V3, they simply would make more money selling the older one....fact..

So lets ask them if they can make all 3 including the swb cars. Then we'd all be happy! Including PSM as they would sell and sell well.....no more ugly DIY braces!

whats been started here could lead to something good, so why don't we all just get along lol...

whats been started here could lead to something good, so why don't we all just get along lol...

I was only clarifying to assure RCRod wasn't blamed for my comments.

I'm on board with PSM designing parts, and think it would be a boon for Arrma owners everywhere.

Sorry for getting involved I just hate breaking body posts almost everytime I bash. I really don't care how much my rc weighs unless its my tc or my 4tec and this website isn't really for that. Good luck on your venture. Didn't mean to cause any drama.

Attachments

• WP_20180323_002.jpg
    WP_20180323_002.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 39
Thanks guys, I apologize if maybe I sounded too defensive. I was just trying to start something good here. As we all know, it never hurts to get another aftermarket RC company on board, especially when a company uses aerospace grade materials (such as carbon fiber, 7075-T6 aluminum, & titanium). PSM is very passionate in the quality of their designs, and their customer service looks top notch. Due to all this, I was extremely excited when they finally showed some interest in the possibility of making some Arrma parts. I regret if anyone thinks I was making any of the BIG decisions here, as I was only trying to start a poll. However, I was not going to ask PSM in any way to make any obscure or one-off parts, as I do not want to bombard them with this kind of stuff. I want to get PSM on board, not scare them way.

Since the stock lower hinge pins are crap (rust way too easily), I thought this would be a excellent upgrade. Also since there are no aftermarket pillow balls available, I thought some super smooth titanium pillow balls would also be a good upgrade. I even asked if PSM could make some Delrin cup inserts to go with these. No-one makes these upgrade parts and since both parts fit most Arrma vehicles, I gathered these would be good choices. Furthermore, I thought these should be good sellers for PSM and help ensure they get on board making high end Arrma parts.

Again, I am not making any decisions here. This is a poll. You can vote for any part that you think is needed and others will want, as this is exactly what I want to pass onto PSM. However, if you want a 7075 chassis, PSM WILL NEED PRE-ORDERS, so please clearly let me know. If you do not want to use Arrma's newest platform, that is your choice, as this is a poll. I simply want PSM on board making some really nice aftermarket parts for Arrma, and whatever people want, is what will sale for PSM. I hope this is all clear now.

Sorry for getting involved I just hate breaking body posts almost everytime I bash. I really don't care how much my rc weighs unless its my tc or my 4tec and this website isn't really for that. Good luck on your venture. Didn't mean to cause any drama.
No problem, as it was rtrappy comments that I took a bit personally, especially when I was just trying to start something good here. It sounds like RPM body posts would maybe be your best solution? I also have a 4TEC, but with a subie body on it. Make no mistake, I'm a basher too, but when adding an extra 3-5lbs of weight on a vehicle, it really can make a big difference.

No problem, as it was rtrappy comments that I took a bit personally, especially when I was just trying to start something good here. It sounds like RPM body posts would maybe be your best solution? I also have a 4TEC, but with a subie body on it. Make no mistake, I'm a basher too, but when adding an extra 3-5lbs of weight on a vehicle, it really can make a big difference.

Check it out I made my own

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/different-body-options.6353/

Any update to this ? I would be very interested for a v3 talion chassis
Not sure what happened to PSM, as I have not heard back in quite a while now? I will send a quick e-mail early next week to see if PSM is still going to make some high end upgrade Arrma parts. Hopefully PSM is still interested in making a 7075 chassis, including some high quality pivot balls and hardened lower hinge pins that don't rust so easily, as no-one makes any of these upgrade parts for Arrma.

FYG, maxspeedpartsde in Germany are now making CARBON FIBER shock towers for the Low Profile V3 Talion, which I just got, + c/f front top plate, c/f steering rack & c/f steering tabs for my Talion. I also got some carbon fiber towers for my 2018 Kraton. Very nice quality and c/f is not only superlight, but stronger than aluminum.

I went with Hot Racing (front/rear) chassis braces on both my Talion & Kraton, which I believe are the best mix for lightness & strength, + will look good with all the carbon fiber parts. These should also help stiffen up the chassis for now...

Not sure what happened to PSM, as I have not heard back in quite a while now? I will send a quick e-mail early next week to see if PSM is still going to make some high end upgrade Arrma parts. Hopefully PSM is still interested in making a 7075 chassis, including some high quality pivot balls and hardened lower hinge pins that don't rust so easily, as no-one makes any of these upgrade parts for Arrma.

FYG, maxspeedpartsde in Germany are now making CARBON FIBER shock towers for the Low Profile V3 Talion, which I just got, + c/f front top plate, c/f steering rack & c/f steering tabs for my Talion. I also got some carbon fiber towers for my 2018 Kraton. Very nice quality and c/f is not only superlight, but stronger than aluminum.

I went with Hot Racing (front/rear) chassis braces on both my Talion & Kraton, which I believe are the best mix for lightness & strength, + will look good with all the carbon fiber parts. These should also help stiffen up the chassis for now...
Thanks man. Didnt know all these parts were out there. I have just added all those carbon parts to my cart but waiting for the guy to get back to me if he can combine the cart so i don't have to pay so much for for freight. Let me know how the psm thing goes.

One more question why are you trying to make your talion light?

Thanks man. Didnt know all these parts were out there. I have just added all those carbon parts to my cart but waiting for the guy to get back to me if he can combine the cart so i don't have to pay so much for for freight. Let me know how the psm thing goes.

One more question why are you trying to make your talion light?
Yes, maxspeedparts does not advertise well & some descriptions are not even in English. Yes, should be no problem, I combined all my cart contents and shipping was the same low price everything, as compared to only getting one part. I also got a discount, possibly for getting as many carbon fiber parts as I did (7 total), & not sure what happened, but no extra charges incurred once parts arrived here....shhhhhhh. Cool, sounds like your ordering the c/f front top plate, steering rack and steering tabs besides the c/f towers?

To answer your last question, simply put, weight is your enemy. Not simply put, and to explain more, although weight is everything in Racing, it can also make a difference in the real world, even bashing. A lighter vehicle will be faster, handle better, brake better, jump better (further/higher), batteries will last longer, and most importantly, RC will be more durable. A heavier vehicle will break parts more easily. A heavier vehicle will also be harder on all the electronics, (ESC, motor, battery) and also harder on the drivetrain, due to the extra weight. A heavier vehicle will need a more powerful battery, motor, etc to move it, as compared to a lighter vehicle. This is why I also get only get 5000-5400mAh battery sizes, as anything over is not needed and just extra weight added (1/2lb easily). Instead of using 1 large 7000+mAh battery, use two 5000mAh Lipos, which also gives you more options and runtime. If none of the above matters to you, do not worry about weight.

However, I do not lighten up any of my RC's, if it sacrifices any durability at all. Any parts that I do change, must must definitey be a worthwhile upgrade (offers a noticeable improvement in protection &/or durability, etc). I always try and choose the best option for durability and lightness at the same time, which takes some research, etc. With Carbon Fiber, it is the best of both worlds, as it is not only super strong (even stronger than aluminum), but is also "much lighter". For me, this is a win, win, as anytime you can upgrade the strength and durability, and also make your RC lighter at the same time, you can't lose, as it is usually difficult to increase strength and lightness at the same time. The added bonus, is carbon fiber does look "real cool".

Although, I also watch any weight added on my Kraton, I really "closely" watch the weight on my V3 Talion a lot more, as it does not deserve to be all weighed down, as it is a "speed" truggy. Besides knowing how much weight can make a difference on full scale, or 1/8 scale cars for that matter, this mindset I have is also possibly due to riding a very high end all carbon MTB, lightweight MX's & some nice hopped up cars in the past. Anyways, I hope this helps explain your question & maybe some of my gram counting madness. I apologize if I went on & explained things too much, as usual...

I will definitely keep you advised on what PSM comes back with...

Last edited:
Yes, maxspeedparts does not advertise well & some descriptions are not even in English. Yes, should be no problem, I combined all my cart contents and shipping was the same low price everything, as compared to only getting one part. I also got a discount, possibly for getting as many carbon fiber parts as I did (7 total), & not sure what happened, but no extra charges incurred once parts arrived here....shhhhhhh. Cool, sounds like your ordering the c/f front top plate, steering rack and steering tabs besides the c/f towers?

To answer your last question, simply put, weight is your enemy. Not simply put, and to explain more, although weight is everything in Racing, it can also make a difference in the real world, even bashing. A lighter vehicle will be faster, handle better, brake better, jump better (further/higher), batteries will last longer, and most importantly, RC will be more durable. A heavier vehicle will break parts more easily. A heavier vehicle will also be harder on all the electronics, (ESC, motor, battery) and also harder on the drivetrain, due to the extra weight. A heavier vehicle will need a more powerful battery, motor, etc to move it, as compared to a lighter vehicle. This is why I also get only get 5000-5400mAh battery sizes, as anything over is not needed and just extra weight added (1/2lb easily). Instead of using 1 large 7000+mAh battery, use two 5000mAh Lipos, which also gives you more options and runtime. If none of the above matters to you, do not worry about weight.

However, I do not lighten up any of my RC's, if it sacrifices any durability at all. Any parts that I do change, must must definitey be a worthwhile upgrade (offers a noticeable improvement in protection &/or durability, etc). I always try and choose the best option for durability and lightness at the same time, which takes some research, etc. With Carbon Fiber, it is the best of both worlds, as it is not only super strong (even stronger than aluminum), but is also "much lighter". For me, this is a win, win, as anytime you can upgrade the strength and durability, and also make your RC lighter at the same time, you can't lose, as it is usually difficult to increase strength and lightness at the same time. The added bonus, is carbon fiber does look "real cool".

Although, I also watch any weight added on my Kraton, I really "closely" watch the weight on my V3 Talion a lot more, as it does not deserve to be all weighed down, as it is a "speed" truggy. Besides knowing how much weight can make a difference on full scale, or 1/8 scale cars for that matter, this mindset I have is also possibly due to riding a very high end all carbon MTB, lightweight MX's & some nice hopped up cars in the past. Anyways, I hope this helps explain your question & maybe some of my gram counting madness. I apologize if I went on & explained things too much, as usual...

I will definitely keep you advised on what PSM comes back with...

Thanks for explaining in full detail.

Now I am having second thought of the front and rear skid plate on my arrma vehicles lol.

The carbon fiber guy from Germany re sent me another invoice but I am still paying for four freight fees. I requested again for a total invoice for one shipping fee. When he did send me the new invoice he sent it in German but I managed to translate it but it only implied "thankyou for shopping and if you have any questions please let me know". Not sure If I should just pay for all the shipping cost or go team durango.

Thanks for explaining in full detail.

Now I am having second thought of the front and rear skid plate on my arrma vehicles lol.

The carbon fiber guy from Germany re sent me another invoice but I am still paying for four freight fees. I requested again for a total invoice for one shipping fee. When he did send me the new invoice he sent it in German but I managed to translate it but it only implied "thankyou for shopping and if you have any questions please let me know". Not sure If I should just pay for all the shipping cost or go team durango.

No problem. A front bumper & skid plate, is definitely a worthwhile upgrade, as it offers both protection from crashes/bad landings, etc, and protects the underside of the chassis. A rear skid plate is also a worthwhile upgrade, as it also protects the underside of your valuable chassis. Your front and rear underside part of your chassis, is what gets beat up the worst, so skid plates are a great upgrade.

I'm using RPM rear skid plates on both my V3 Talion & Kraton, which weigh only 11.0g each), so well worth this increase in weight. I have the TBR Typhon bumper (weighs only 39.0g), so also happy with this upgrade. I have TBR's newer Thrasher bumper on my Kraton, and it's definitely strong & durable for great protection on those big air jumps, but weighs more than I like...

CARBON FIBER PARTS: Not sure why you say 4 freight fees? Once you choose your 1st item, just keep adding more items to your cart, until you have all the item you want & it should show the same shipping cost as it did for only 1 item, which did not change for me (I think it was only $9 shipping to Canada for all 7 items that I ordered). What's up with Team Durango...

Here is a link to all his carbon fiber parts for Arrma RC's.
https://www.ebay.ie/sch/m.html?_odk....TRC1.A0.H0.Xarrma+.TRS0&_nkw=arrma+&_sacat=0

Careful shopping here though, as the c/f steering ackerman, front brace(top plate) & steering tabs will fit your Talion/Kraton/Typhon & even Outcast, I believe. Max not only makes carbon fiber shock towers for the new V3 Talion, but also for Kraton/Outcast/V1-V2 Talion, Typhon, & Senton. Again be careful, as could be extremely costly when all these carbon fiber parts are available for 4 of your Arrma's...

If any Nero owners are reading, maxspeedpartsde also makes carbon fiber chassis plates to help lighten up that heavy beast...

No problem. A front bumper & skid plate, is definitely a worthwhile upgrade, as it offers both protection from crashes/bad landings, etc, and protects the underside of the chassis. A rear skid plate is also a worthwhile upgrade, as it also protects the underside of your valuable chassis. Your front and rear underside part of your chassis, is what gets beat up the worst, so skid plates are a great upgrade.

I'm using RPM rear skid plates on both my V3 Talion & Kraton, which weigh only 11.0g each), so well worth this increase in weight. I have the TBR Typhon bumper (weighs only 39.0g), so also happy with this upgrade. I have TBR's newer Thrasher bumper on my Kraton, and it's definitely strong & durable for great protection on those big air jumps, but weighs more than I like...

CARBON FIBER PARTS: Not sure why you say 4 freight fees? Once you choose your 1st item, just keep adding more items to your cart, until you have all the item you want & it should show the same shipping cost as it did for only 1 item, which did not change for me (I think it was only $9 shipping to Canada for all 7 items that I ordered). What's up with Team Durango...

Here is a link to all his carbon fiber parts for Arrma RC's.
https://www.ebay.ie/sch/m.html?_odk....TRC1.A0.H0.Xarrma+.TRS0&_nkw=arrma+&_sacat=0

Careful shopping here though, as the c/f steering ackerman, front brace(top plate) & steering tabs will fit your Talion/Kraton/Typhon & even Outcast, I believe. Max not only makes carbon fiber shock towers for the new V3 Talion, but also for Kraton/Outcast/V1-V2 Talion, Typhon, & Senton. Again be careful, as could be extremely costly when all these carbon fiber parts are available for 4 of your Arrma's...

If any Nero owners are reading, maxspeedpartsde also makes carbon fiber chassis plates to help lighten up that heavy beast...

Thanks for the link, been looking for some shock tower alternatives here in Europe, especially carbon fiber.
Do you know if these guys use a generic picture of the shock towers ? The Kraton and Talion V3 looks the same in the pictures !?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HD-Carbon-T...558551?hash=item3ac6737517:g:x7AAAOSwe-FU2PEG
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HD-Carbon-T...041107?hash=item56af1c16d3:g:x7AAAOSwe-FU2PEG
Also it seems like they do not make a front shock tower for the Talion V3 ?

Has anyone here used carbon shock towers with a Tower to Tower brace, square profile alu, would that work, i'm mostly thinking about the middle strip on the rear tower.

Thanks for the link, been looking for some shock tower alternatives here in Europe, especially carbon fiber.
Do you know if these guys use a generic picture of the shock towers ? The Kraton and Talion V3 looks the same in the pictures !?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HD-Carbon-T...558551?hash=item3ac6737517:g:x7AAAOSwe-FU2PEG
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HD-Carbon-T...041107?hash=item56af1c16d3:g:x7AAAOSwe-FU2PEG
Also it seems like they do not make a front shock tower for the Talion V3 ?

Has anyone here used carbon shock towers with a Tower to Tower brace, square profile alu, would that work, i'm mostly thinking about the middle strip on the rear tower.
Yes they do make v3 talion front and rear carbon shock tower you just need to look around his shop. Also make sure you get it from the same location.

Yes they do make v3 talion front and rear carbon shock tower you just need to look around his shop. Also make sure you get it from the same location.

Thanks for "the location" tip, did'nt think about that (I guess I was'nt reading the previous carefully enough)

So the correct Front and Rear towers for the V3 would be

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HD-Carbon-T...963925?hash=item3b0cfcca55:g:rBkAAOSwpDdU2PFd

niedrig translates into low, so i guess this would be the correct low profile towers for the V3 ?

Thanks for "the location" tip, did'nt think about that (I guess I was'nt reading the previous carefully enough)

So the correct Front and Rear towers for the V3 would be

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HD-Carbon-T...963925?hash=item3b0cfcca55:g:rBkAAOSwpDdU2PFd

niedrig translates into low, so i guess this would be the correct low profile towers for the V3 ?
Yes that sure is! I had to triple check to make sure its was the correct part as the title isnt quite right.

Yes that sure is! I had to triple check to make sure its was the correct part as the title isnt quite right.

Thanks, just bought them. I guess my links were a little different since, i saw now that it was ebay.ie. Don't know why this was posted earlier, on my ebay page the shopping cart did not show up. If you change .ie to com the shopping cart appears, strange. Here are the links again, with shopping cart :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Carbon-...041107?hash=item56af1c16d3:g:x7AAAOSwe-FU2PEG
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Carbon-...963925?hash=item3b0cfcca55:g:rBkAAOSwpDdU2PFd

and yes, I would really like one of those PSM chassi's.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back