Question: Spektrum SR6100AT or SR6110AT receiver? Experiences, Pros and Cons, Choice of the two?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPMRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Hey Arrma family,

I'm looking to choose one of these two Spektrum receivers for a Kraton EXB 6s build, but I'm kind of lost between the benefits of one over the other as there isn't much information on them. So I was wondering if there are folks that have purchased either or both and what their opinion of the product over the other is? I'm aware that the SR6100AT is just normal AVC and Telemetry, and the SR6110AT is more geared toward Bash and Stunts. However, what exactly are those benefits and can anyone see an actually difference to justify the price?

Appreciate the help!

Hey Arrma family,

I'm looking to choose one of these two Spektrum receivers for a Kraton EXB 6s build, but I'm kind of lost between the benefits of one over the other as there isn't much information on them. So I was wondering if there are folks that have purchased either or both and what their opinion of the product over the other is? I'm aware that the SR6100AT is just normal AVC and Telemetry, and the SR6110AT is more geared toward Bash and Stunts. However, what exactly are those benefits and can anyone see an actually difference to justify the price?

Appreciate the help!

I cannot give you the specs I have seen someone else like @SrC explain a little bit about it to another user asking the same question but I cannot find the post...

What I can say I have both. SR6110, SR6100, and the older non-Spektrum SRS6000. I see NO difference in performance between first the two. Once calibrated correctly for AVC during the binding....performance in my RC's no different. I only see a difference when I change the AVC control in my DX5C radio on how I want it to behave.

I have even taken the SR6110 put it in my 4x4's like the Big Rock and I see no change in performance unless I make AVC active and at that point, I set the control of how much. So it's all how I turn the radio between the rx. I could be wrong but I am basing this on how it feels and perform in action. If there is a change, I cannot see anything between 6100 and 6110.

If I could not get a 6110 I would easily buy the 6100 they are just that close to the same to me....

I have both. Only difference, that I remember, is the length of the antenna wire. The 6110 has a longer one.
They run the same firmware. There might be an additional change in parts to allow for faster binding. The 'old' 6100 took ~ 30 s to bind, where the newer 6110 typically does it under 20s. That is somewhat subjective though, I had long wait times on either one. I ended up ripping them out and replaced with non-gyro versions.

The longer the antenna is (tuned) the better range as a general rule. Spektrum obviously spec'ed the longer antenna of the 6110.
The 6110 "supposedly" has a different Gyro rate/response (firmware change?) more appropriate for bashers perhaps. IDK.
I will say that straight speed running versus bashing require a differnt AVC curve to be effective. Perhaps that is a difference however moot it may be to some.
Gyros in general are not one size fits all from my experience. I have many standalone gyros here as well and the older Spektrum Rx variants.
There is a distinct difference in response.
For instance my SkyRC GC-401 has 3 settable and specific Gyro curves. Aside and different from the Gyro Gain setting. They cover Drifting, Speed running and general Bashing curves.
My thoughts. :cool:

I have both. Only difference, that I remember, is the length of the antenna wire. The 6110 has a longer one.
They run the same firmware. There might be an additional change in parts to allow for faster binding. The 'old' 6100 took ~ 30 s to bind, where the newer 6110 typically does it under 20s. That is somewhat subjective though, I had long wait times on either one. I ended up ripping them out and replaced with non-gyro versions.
Thanks for the input. I noticed the Antenna length as well, which should most likely play a part in further transmissions. However, if the firmware is the same, then what is the extra bit for the bashing and stunts supposedly in the 6110AT?

The longer the antenna is (tuned) the better range as a general rule. Spektrum obviously spec'ed the longer antenna of the 6110.
The 6110 "supposedly" has a different Gyro rate/response (firmware change?) more appropriate for bashers perhaps. IDK.
I will say that straight speed running versus bashing require a differnt AVC curve to be effective. Perhaps that is a difference however moot it may be to some.
Gyros in general are not one size fits all from my experience. I have many standalone gyros here as well and the older Spektrum Rx variants.
There is a distinct difference in response.
For instance my SkyRC GC-401 has 3 settable and specific Gyro curves. Aside and different from the Gyro Gain setting. They cover Drifting, Speed running and general Bashing curves.
My thoughts. :cool:
Thanks for the input. I was thinking maybe the types of Gyro being used is different in the firmware there is specific code for the type. I see the Outcast 1/5th, Infraction, and felony all use it. So I guess I'll follow the like and choose that receiver. Thanks for the help all.

Just one observation, the longer wire does not equate to additional range. Obviously, if you stick it up a little higher, it will probably add a little distance.
The release coincided with the Infraction, and that receiver box/antenna positioning required a longer wire. Might be as simple as that but is a pure guess on my part.

Just one observation, the longer wire does not equate to additional range. Obviously, if you stick it up a little higher, it will probably add a little distance.
The release coincided with the Infraction, and that receiver box/antenna positioning required a longer wire. Might be as simple as that but is a pure guess on my part.
Thanks for the input. It makes practical sense from a usage point of view. I'll probably have to contact support to get a definitive answer if they have one. Otherwise, maybe it's just the placebo effect for bashers to get a little more money since they are harder on their products.

Honestly, I bet the difference in price is only due to a lot of warranty returns on the 6100. At the beginning, it had a lot of issues binding on power on, and it would sit through a full minute, or you had to do repeated power cycles. Heard of a lot of folks claiming it to be defective. All that was improved with new firmware. I would not go to the 6100, only if it's on a bargain sale or used at a decent discount. Make sure you get the programmer, just to make sure it has the latest firmware. That is the difference in cost I'd be looking for. Otherwise, they are rock solid.

Better for what?
One is for micro and the other for normal RC cars.
Micro probably has less range but you can't but the big one into a micro car.

Both are horrendously overpriced and I wouldn't get either one.

Well aside from the attitude, I appreciate your help. I am new to this, just would be nice to feel welcome and not stupid for asking questions. It's a lot and a bit overwhelming at first. I am learning though.

I hear you, but its as simple as pasting the number into google to get the full description and it does get a little frustrating.
My advice would still be to not get either of them. What are you trying to accomplish?

I just wasn't familiar with the micro receiver. Was looking at upgrading my transmitter to the DX5 Pro and noticed it came with that micro receiver and wasn't sure what I would be getting. Just bought a Fireteam 6S and was looking to upgrade the AVC receiver. I do sincerely appreciate your help and input.

No worries.
I highly suggest to move away from Spektrum if you are adding more items, go with Radiolink Rc6GS instead. Transmitter plus receiver are cheaper and significantly better, better range on top of that. The looks might not be the best but technology is superior. The receivers have gyros, which act like AVC, just better.
In fact, AVC is really nothing but a gimmick that you won't be using much, it has its uses on-road but off-road it's useless imho.

My SR6100 is collecting dust, major drawbacks are the initial startup time, anywhere from 30s to 1 min where you are wondering if you did everything right. You touch it and it won't initialize, too close to big pieces of metal (car or truck bed) and won't initialize, within 3ft of transmitter ...and so on. Ruined many sessions out of frustrations but will work once you know all the little pitfalls.

By all means, I do have a DX5C but only use the non-AVC receivers (SR315 etc). Hard to swap to a different technology once you have been established. I do run Radiolink on my boats though and will swap if anything breaks.
Spektrum range is ~ 300-400 ft, Radiolink 800-1000.

If I still haven't talked you out of it, go buy them from Jennysrc, they take them off other models and resell at a discount. Not much but better than $100.
https://jennysrc.com/products/copy-...s6110at-ara7615v2?_pos=2&_sid=a19ee2417&_ss=r

Compare to Radiolink, full set ~$80. Each additional receiver is only $20.
https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Transmitter-Receiver-Crawler-Drifting/dp/B07DPNNTWT?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Wow that's amazing information , thank you.

Can you use spectrum controller with radiolink receivers or vice versa? Or does it have to be the same manufacturer on both?

I just wasn't familiar with the micro receiver. Was looking at upgrading my transmitter to the DX5 Pro and noticed it came with that micro receiver and wasn't sure what I would be getting. Just bought a Fireteam 6S and was looking to upgrade the AVC receiver. I do sincerely appreciate your help and input.

JKFlow is a well-respected guy....! He has given you some good advice.

On the other hand, I love the DX5C and use only AVC receivers in my rigs. He is right, Spektrum stuff is too high, and the receivers are NOT cheap.

I have picked up over a dozen here out of the classified section, so I have been invested for a while, but I got them cheap. For a newcomer, I would not recommend it only due to the cost.

AVC takes time to get the settings right. You only see the full 3 settings for AVC using a radio like DX5C or any of the Pro versions. You only get one setting notion on DX3 radio.

Once you get the settings right, AVC is a great pleasure, but I do caution it takes time, and patience, and there are very few help docs from Spektrum to help master it.

Back