Radio Range issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
I've got a problem where my Granite BLS seems to go out of radio range when it's only 50-75 feet away. It wasn't like this at first, and it's really annoying. I used to be able to drive till the truck was so far away I could barely see it.

I've tried new transmitter batteries and made sure I have fully charged packs. I've also tried rebinding the receiver.

I should mention that I replaced the ADS-5 servo with and ADS-7M. Also, when my son's Fury BLS started having weird issues, (lack of steering, random throttle changes, lack of range), we did some troubleshooting and narrowed it down to the ESC which Arrma replaced under warranty. One of the troubleshooting steps was putting my receiver in his Fury. I'm worried that either I caused damage to my receiver or perhaps my ESC is failing now as well.

Does anyone have any additional troubleshooting advice? I figure I will end up calling Arrma for warranty again at some point, but I want to make sure I show due diligence and ask for the proper parts.

Hi @Walter,

Nice to see you on this forum as well.
I recall your previous problems, and sure they are quite unusual.

Are you sure the tip of the antenna of the receiver (Rx) is still attached to the antenna wire?
If the top is damaged, you can get problems.

2,4Ghz is a very short wave length for radio waves. So this is quite important.

I wondered about the antenna as well. I inspected it for visible damage, tried to ensure it was not kinked in the receiver waterproof cover or at the top of the vertical pipe. I tried rerouting the exposed end of the antenna wire that comes out of the vertical pipe away from the ESC, metal rear shock tower... tried inside and outside of the body.

Beyond that how do I tell if the receiver antenna wire is still attached? A break inside the insulation would be hidden. I don't think it's damaged, but how to be sure?

I would lean towards the antenna wire being part of the issue it would be hard to check inside the insulation for a break. Can you open up the receiver and ring the antenna wire out with a meter?

I would agree with griff this sounds like an antenna issue. i had the antenna break in one of my RC's a few months break but it was hidden by the antenna insulation. had to replace the receiver to fix the issue. car would act fine for me within 50 feet or so but freak out with anything beyond that.

I was afraid of that. I'll check out the antenna more closely and see if I can find any damage. Maybe Arrma will warranty the receiver for me. I certainly didn't abuse it so hopefully they will consider replacing it.

i'd recommend grabbing one of these receivers anyways, it's good to have an extra around and they are cheap. they also happen to work with the Arrma transmitters. I kee an extra around just for oops moments when i'm working on or driving my cars and i do something stupid like oh pull on my antenna cable when trying to move it to get it out of my way and have it fall apart:

Flysky 3ch GR3E

The Arrma receivers are quite expensive unfortunately, or did I miss some bargain?
The important part of the antenna wire has transparent insulation. So it is quite easy to inspect.

You will find this piece underneath the black antenna cap.

When you crash up side down on hard surface, it is almost a certainty the antenna cap will be damaged.
If it goes through and through, the receiving part of the antenna can be damaged.

Maybe you can post a picture of this antenna tip? Make sure you use macro mode on your camera.

I believe the prior poster was recommending the FlySky receiver which he says will work with the Arrma transmitter. I have no experience using that combination, but the FlySky receivers are cheap in price point.

I do have a FlySky transmitter and receivers, and I cannot bind them with the Arrma TX-100 Rx.

As far as I know the transmitters from Arrma are not from FlySky. They differ in some points if you compare them.
Also the Tx is something Hobbico uses on many RC cars like Axial.

Can somebody confirm it really works with part numbers?

If it would work it would be great. But as far as I know it is a rumor, and not proven yet. I have tried...and some others too without result :(

I have bound my Arrma receiver with my Flysky GT3C transmitter, they both run on 2.4 GHZ and DSSS transmission (Flysky calls theirs AFHDS) I will see if I can't motivate myself to grab one of my easier cars to swap in my extra flysky receiver and see if I can't get it to sync up to the Arrma transmitter as well. But i do know for a fact that the Arrma receiver pairs perfectly fine with the GT3C transmitter.

If your curious about pricing being an issue just compare the cost of a new Transmitter (including 1 receiver) vs an Arrma branded receiver

Flysky GT3C
$59.98
includes 1 receiver
Future receivers $9.88

Arrma Receiver
$32.99 on Arrma Website
$24.99 on Tower Hobbies

I probably won't get around to trying to reverse my receiver and transmitter until thursday or friday night if you still would like me to try it for you.

Ah, now I get it! ;)
I tried to bind the Arrma TX-100 Tx to a FlySky Rx (receiver), but you do it the other way round.

I cannot access my RC stuff at the moment, but will try it soon.
Hobbyking sells FLySky sets and separate Rx's under their own brand-name. Indeed these receivers are very cheap, and work well.

Last edited:
I do have a FlySky transmitter and receivers, and I cannot bind them with the Arrma TX-100 Rx.

As far as I know the transmitters from Arrma are not from FlySky. They differ in some points if you compare them.

Also the Tx is something Hobbico uses on many RC cars like Axial.

Can somebody confirm it really works with part numbers?

If it would work it would be great. But as far as I know it is a rumor, and not proven yet. I have tried...and some others too without result :(

the radios that axial, redcat, exceed, proboat, etc. are rebranded flysky gt2's. the arrma radio looks a lot like the gt2.

I don't. that's why I said it should work. but I DO know for a fact that many companies owned by hobbico use flysky radios. the arrma radio looks very much like the flysky. and I know that other rebranded flysky radios work with flysky rx's. so, im assuming. im not saying that I couldn't be wrong, it's possible. ive never tried using arrma tx's, so I don't know for sure.

I have put these two transmitters next to each other, and in detail they are not alike.
This is the re-branded HK version of the FlySky GT-2/

Also the size of the receiver is a bit different. Those of Arrma are even smaller for example.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back