Radiolink rc4gs or DumboRC tx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I'm looking for a solid, cheap low ish latency radio with a gyro and one thats hopefully better than the Speky STX2.

The DumboRC gets great reviews for its pricepoint, their gyro receivers are made by radiolink too.

...but would the Radiolink tx be so much better in functionality and quality to make it the better buy?

Struggling to decide between both..

I have the Radiolink RC6GS and am having range issues. I need to work on getting the rx antenna positioned better and see if that cures it. So far, not as good of range as the Tactic.

I have both of these. Dumborc feels better in the hand. The controls on it are more basic. No individual epa settings. Radiolink 4ch is better I think. Range is about the same, latency about the same. Way more controls and fine tuning. But I upgraded to a flysky nb4 now so I'm selling the radiolink.

I have both of these. Dumborc feels better in the hand. The controls on it are more basic. No individual epa settings. Radiolink 4ch is better I think. Range is about the same, latency about the same. Way more controls and fine tuning. But I upgraded to a flysky nb4 now so I'm selling the radiolink.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Ive decided to look for lower latency than the stx2 as my main priority. It feels slow compared to my Taranis but maybe thats not a great comparison to make.
A fast Sanwa would be lovely but the receivers price them out the game.

I was in the market for a cheap radio too and was turn between it, 70$ flysky and Radiolink. I choose the DumboRc for a couple reasons. It’s cheap and if I want to upgrade to a really nice radio I have 30$ and not 70$ In it. The receivers are only 12$. Easy for a knuckle head like me to use, no fancy screen and I don’t have to hook it up to my phone for anything, just buttons and knobs...the name is hilarious. It’s a little cheap looking but works fantastic...

I was in the market for a cheap radio too and was turn between it, 70$ flysky and Radiolink. I choose the DumboRc for a couple reasons. It’s cheap and if I want to upgrade to a really nice radio I have 30$ and not 70$ In it. The receivers are only 12$. Easy for a knuckle head like me to use, no fancy screen and I don’t have to hook it up to my phone for anything, just buttons and knobs...the name is hilarious. It’s a little cheap looking but works fantastic...
Yep i love mine best purshase ever

Something in me refuses to walk around with a transmitter that has written DumboRC on it.....

Lucky for you, the top has a typo; "duNborc" :ROFLMAO:
61TDAmUo7ML._SL1000_.jpg

Small stickers you have lying around or hydro dip the shell. The Chinese RC stuff has some funny names, “Headphones” and “Pirates” are to of my other favorites. The cheap rc stuff has really improved, I can’t beleive how well the $50 drones fly.

Im having same issues with one of my radiolink rc6gs, my screen intermittently goes out, and range is not great, I've took it apart a few times messed with it but I was never happy with it, the second one I own has been perfect since the day I bought it,

I'm looking for a solid, cheap low ish latency radio with a gyro and one thats hopefully better than the Speky STX2.

The DumboRC gets great reviews for its pricepoint, their gyro receivers are made by radiolink too.

...but would the Radiolink tx be so much better in functionality and quality to make it the better buy?

Struggling to decide between both..

They are both good (y)

I have two of both with Gyro

Both has Long range 300m +
Gyro is very good offroad.

dumbo gyro radio (2).jpg

To my Dumbos
i took the Foam to steeringwheels from old Traxxas radios.
You can also buy cool black color foam steeringswheels cheap.
They need have Futuba mount. There is alot cool foam steering wheels you can buy on internet with different wheel designs.

One of them i have also black electrical tape on de grip. This gives better feeling hold it.
I can still push the 3ch buttom on and off if i need, the tape is soft.

Very happy with all four.
Two is in USE , One Radiolink and Dumbo, one reserve of each to future or if Friends is here and want drive with me
Got couple cars.

I have buy also 10pc extra gyro receivers. 8us each only :LOL:

dumbo gyro radio (3).jpg

Just buy them, they are so cheap and good

Between the two, definitely buy the Radiolink. Multi model memory, a display, and EPA is your friend.

The Dumbo receiver look like Radiolink, there is even radiolink printed on the pcb, but the Dumbo receiver doesn't bind with radiolink transmitter.

I don't have range issue with my rc4gs.

Just ordered a few of those R7FG receivers. We'll see if the range is any better than the stock Radio Link receiver.

I have both as well. They both have great range, with my Radiolink and its antenna you can put up or down, I can drive the rig further then I can see. Same with the DunboRC Tx and Rx, had full control even at a distant I needed binoculars. \
I would ask, do you want to be able to bind multiple cars to one Tx and you have to have a screen?? If yes, you want the Radiolink, if it doesn't matter as much and maybe want to save the $40 bucks towards an upgrade or tires, probably go with the DunboRC.

Edit: If you haven't already decided!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back