Typhon RANT: warranty claim @ Horizon and LHS in Europe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So this is my rant towards Horizon and the online shop I bought my typhon at.

Since everyone on the interwebs is praising how good Horizon customer support is, I wanted to try myself. It's not a matter of money, because it's maybe a 5€ replacement part but, for the reason I just mentioned, I wanted to give it a shot.

So I was trying to rebuild the stock shocks and one of them (2 to be honest) didn't want to open, and this happened.

wMBbSQg.jpg

I contacted the shop I bought the car at and they got in contact with Horizon.

This was their reply:
"so i called to horizon hobby they sad, its not possible open the shocks at this possition….so there are ok i think"

After many other emails where I explain them which PNs are needed to fix this, they come back to me with this:

"They want to give you set of the ARAC8940, and the new info is, we can also send the shocks to Horizon an they want repair them. If you want"

WTF do I need the rebuild kit for when it's the lower cap/shaft piece that it's broken!?!?!?

I am very pissed and, as I expected, 99% of the things you read on the internet is total BS

F**K Horizon Hobby

You aren’t dealing with HH USA. You bought from a different company, HH EU. They are independent companies and don’t share policies. The USA company seems to give AF and the EU doesn’t.

So this is my rant towards Horizon and the online shop I bought my typhon at.

Since everyone on the interwebs is praising how good Horizon customer support is, I wanted to try myself. It's not a matter of money, because it's maybe a 5€ replacement part but, for the reason I just mentioned, I wanted to give it a shot.

So I was trying to rebuild the stock shocks and one of them (2 to be honest) didn't want to open, and this happened.

wMBbSQg.jpg

I contacted the shop I bought the car at and they got in contact with Horizon.

This was their reply:
"so i called to horizon hobby they sad, its not possible open the shocks at this possition….so there are ok i think"

After many other emails where I explain them which PNs are needed to fix this, they come back to me with this:

"They want to give you set of the ARAC8940, and the new info is, we can also send the shocks to Horizon an they want repair them. If you want"

WTF do I need the rebuild kit for when it's the lower cap/shaft piece that it's broken!?!?!?

I am very pissed and, as I expected, 99% of the things you read on the internet is total BS

F**K Horizon Hobby

man that sucks, hopefully the rod ends will last a little while at least now that you broke them.. but here is a little info that may help you in the future...

the shock cartridge should be removed with the shock wrench.. that red plastic thing that came in the bag everyone throws out or tosses in a drawer... im not sure why the assumption is made that the shock rod end is the wrench.. if you use the wrench that came with it you will see it engages the cartridge much more positive than the rod ends..

i may be going out on a limb here, but i honestly think the rod ends manufacturing process just so happens to leave lugs that "kind of engage" by accident.. i do not beleive they are intended for shock assembly or disassembly... if that was the case why would they include a shock wrench that is shaped quite differently? ?

I know you guys don't want to hear this, but at the end of the day if your not in the USA your gonna get screwed over with warranties etc.
The laws and rules with warranties for products etc vary from country to country making the whole thing a bit of a mess..?

I've been lucky so far with my LHS and suppler, and I've only warrantied a few bits so far trouble free.
I don't want to jinx myself so I'm not going to say anymore..?

As @jondilly1974 says above HH USA and HH rest of the world are totally different companies..?
I think customer service in the states is very different to the rest of the world and is more focused on sorting problems and helping customers..!!

As @jondilly1974 says above HH USA and HH rest of the world are totally different companies..?
I think customer service in the states is very different to the rest of the world and is more focused on sorting problems and helping customers..!!
Not sure but you almost make it sound like you would expect to get different service if you'd purchase eg a car from BMW of North America, LLC or BMW AG which are both different legal entities and companies selling the same goods ...

Not sure but you almost make it sound like you would expect to get different service if you'd purchase eg a car from BMW of North America, LLC or BMW AG which are both different legal entities and companies selling the same goods ...
Not really a case of I would expect a different service from different sources, it’s just that the truth of the matter is you are going to get a different service from different parts of the world that’s just life I’m affraid..?
I’m quite sure there is stuff over here ie: the UK where other countries get screwed over more than I would..?
Live with it and move on.....??

Doesn't the EU have a 2 year warranty policy that covers all goods?
you can be lucky and get up to 5 in the UK - doesn't help though if you have a pleb in the middle ... but 2-5 years it becomes difficult to prove things in reality
Live with it and move on.....??

I have mate - since I know I only bought direct from them - they can run but not hide ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back