Kraton Razor RC Kraton 4S V2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up an identical one to yours about a week ago. Price was $610 CDN, plus two of the Spektrum 4s 5000mah 100c for $150 each CDN. Factor in the exchange rate, and we came out pretty much dead even...
Nice! Like most, I recommend checking all 3 diff fluids and topping off accordingly. Mine were all low. Shocks were good. Enjoy!

OK. The newbee needs to know the exact steps to topping off the shocks from the factory (if needed) on my new K4S. Is it as simple as unscrewing the shock caps and pouring in any necessary fluid, or do I need to disassemble the shocks? Should the shaft be compressed or extended? I’m matching the stock weight. I’m more comfortable doing the diffs-seen many videos on that. I know the shocks have a lot of small parts-just not sure how to do it right! Please help. Thanks much! 🤝

OK. The newbee needs to know the exact steps to topping off the shocks from the factory (if needed) on my new K4S. Is it as simple as unscrewing the shock caps and pouring in any necessary fluid, or do I need to disassemble the shocks? Should the shaft be compressed or extended? I’m matching the stock weight. I’m more comfortable doing the diffs-seen many videos on that. I know the shocks have a lot of small parts-just not sure how to do it right! Please help. Thanks much! 🤝
I think Arrma 4x4 shocks fill from the bottom. Razor has a video on it

General shock topping off quick guide:
1. Unscrew the cap (as I said, might be the bottom on the 4s because the cap is hollow, in order to fill it all the way it needs to be upside down AFAIK. You want the piston to be far away from the end you’re working on, wether that’s top or bottom.
2. Fill the oil up and estimate how much space you need for the bladder, add a couple drops extra fluid
3. Press just the bladder down and wipe away excess oil
4. Screw cap on until you have one full twist left until tight
5. Move the shock piston most of the way towards the cap but don’t go above the oil
6. Screw the cap on all the way

Hope this helps

The V2 and V2.5 shocks are normal style IIRC, meaning they have a shock cap on top that you unscrew and put in the oil.

I'd push the shocks in about 1/4 of the way, and then screw on the cap with the bladder already in the cap.

Thanks, Razor. I’m going to look at the exploded view of the shock, check out your video and get wrenching. FYI, I’m the guy that commented on your review of the Slash Maxx about how unbiased your reviews are and how respected you are because Arrma improved the weaknesses you pointed out in the first v2 model of the K4S. I really appreciate your work in RC. 😀👏

Thanks, Razor. I’m going to look at the exploded view of the shock, check out your video and get wrenching. FYI, I’m the guy that commented on your review of the Slash Maxx about how unbiased your reviews are and how respected you are because Arrma improved the weaknesses you pointed out in the first v2 model of the K4S. I really appreciate your work in RC. 😀👏

Thanks, btw I don't think that shock video will help you, it's for the bottom loading shocks not used in the Kraton V2.5.

Back