Kraton Razor RC Kraton 4S V2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it !

20231214_193351.jpg

20231214_193400.jpg

Much has changed, since your 4 year old Maxx comparison. Would you still pick the Maxx to keep?

Was that the conclusion in the video? In any case, no.

Kraton new 4s version vs new Kraton 6s exb rtr version will be intresting.
That isn't really a fair comparison. That's like comparing the Chevy Suburban to the Chevy Traverse. They are 2 completely different vehicles.

The Kraton 4s is really best compared to vehicles like the Maxx, the Skeeter and probably the Kaiju.

That isn't really a fair comparison. That's like comparing the Chevy Suburban to the Chevy Traverse. They are 2 completely different vehicles.

The Kraton 4s is really best compared to vehicles like the Maxx, the Skeeter and probably the Kaiju.
Dirt oval rip starts at ~7:13 4s vs 6s:

Kraton new 4s version vs new Kraton 6s exb rtr version will be intresting.
This is where my purchase decisions lie right now. It is between these 2. Not sure which way to lean. The 6s exb rtr is only very slightly larger and a little more powerful. What to do? Buying both is not an option. lol.

In addition to the obvious changes listed 4s v2.5
- heatsink is now a clamping style.
- Shock towers include a notch cut out to access the drive shaft grub screw.
- New servo is very noisy….maybe just mine.
- Integrated motor wire holders on the side guard
- Larger side guards bolt in fully front to rear

In addition to the obvious changes listed 4s v2.5
- heatsink is now a clamping style.
- Shock towers include a notch cut out to access the drive shaft grub screw.
- New servo is very noisy….maybe just mine.
- Integrated motor wire holders on the side guard
- Larger side guards bolt in fully front to rear
Heatsink is an interesting revision. Comparing pictures on Jenny’s looks like that change was so it could extend below the motor where previously the sink was open. Probably the sink is now doing what the 3d printed motor supports were doing and supporting the motor so it doesn’t punch thru the chassis.

the more I hear of the new servo it sounds like a downgrade. Weaker than the S652 and it has been reported as feeling slow. It’s a worse servo but compensated by now running at 7.4v instead of 6v. Probably why the same servo can no longer be used in both 4s and 6s cars (previously S652 served both).

Last edited:
This is where my purchase decisions lie right now. It is between these 2. Not sure which way to lean. The 6s exb rtr is only very slightly larger and a little more powerful. What to do? Buying both is not an option. lol.
You, me, and others...After I backordered the K6s EXB, they dropped the K4s 2.5. My 4s will be here Thursday, just in time for the rain. I don't have shipping confirmation on the 6s I bought at a 20% discount, yet. I suspect that for my local use, and maybe an occasional trip to the dunes, the 4s may suit me best. After I run the 4s, I'll attempt to cancel or return the 6s to Tower. Failing that, I may offer it, unopened, for local pick up (NE Houston/Eagle Springs), for what I have in it. From what I've seen, the 4s should be strong enough for neighborhood runs, on 3s, especially if I drop a HW combo (Max 6?) in. Swap in a 4s or 6s, for dunes, and rip paddles...Space is too tight for both.

Last edited:
Dirt oval rip starts at ~7:13 4s vs 6s:
Hey! Isn't that @razorrc playground?! Huh. I haven't finished watching yet, but I can't help but wonder, why does Arrma use C block front ends on 3/4s and pivot ball on 6/8s? I gotta say this v2.5 4s Kraton looks killer. Same or similar speed as the 6s, but a much more playful disposition. This may be my next rc purchase down the line..

Hey! Isn't that @razorrc playground?! Huh. I haven't finished watching yet, but I can't help but wonder, why does Arrma use C block front ends on 3/4s and pivot ball on 6/8s? I gotta say this v2.5 4s Kraton looks killer. Same or similar speed as the 6s, but a much more playful disposition. This may be my next rc purchase down the line..

Yeah he lives not far from me, we’ve driven together a few times.

Pivot balls were mainly chosen for durability for the large scale stuff. But they don’t scale too well to 1/10, the knuckles tend to pull through because the balls are small. A few companies have done it (most notably Hobao and some small nitro cars), but not a lot.

Yeah he lives not far from me, we’ve driven together a few times.

Pivot balls were mainly chosen for durability for the large scale stuff. But they don’t scale too well to 1/10, the knuckles tend to pull through because the balls are small. A few companies have done it (most notably Hobao and some small nitro cars), but not a lot.
That's cool. I've watched a few of his vids, seems well versed and a nice guy.
I have enjoyed both pivot ball and C hub designs, with no clear advantage to either. Just curious. My bro has bent both upper pivot balls on his O8S already, hasn't happened to any of our 6s rigs yet. I guess that goes with the territory of a 30lb rc..🤣

Been a couple weeks since these have been in buyers’ hands. How are you guys liking it after some time with it?
Still haven’t ran mine 😔, it’s been raining nonstop. Not a terrible thing I guess, gives me time to check diff fluid and make minor changes. Servo seems fairly quick that’s all I got for now

Back