Kraton Razor RC Kraton 4S V2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Looking forward to the videos and review and how it compares to the version it replaces. Interested to see your take on the slipper, new esc, steering servo and saver and how it handles without sway bars. Oh, and also of course whether the new chassis survives your aerobatics without the motor cracking it.

I think I answered everything, if not in the Kraton video then in the Outcast video. I honestly can't remember what I said in which video, but between the two I think I answered everything.

Glad to see the v2.5 has the longer pins i started to recommand to everyone who had a 3s or v2 4s

F4255D23-79F3-483F-BEEF-F130D5CF7049.png

E52FBC0A-C9CA-4B23-BD4E-93C6C11104A8.png

I think I answered everything, if not in the Kraton video then in the Outcast video. I honestly can't remember what I said in which video, but between the two I think I answered everything.
Thanks! Great videos as always. Did the chassis survive the hinge pin incident?

They really turned these v2.5 revisions around quick given the wait we had for the OG v2.

Seems like handling and steering is much improved and pretty much all the V2 kinks have been worked out. Any thoughts as to what the biggest contributor is? Would be interested to seeing you run both v2 and v2.5 in the same session so you could dial in on the differences in driving experience.

I can’t decide if the center diff is a worthwhile upgrade or not. I feel like it may actually tame down the wheelie happy part of the car which is my son’s favorite part. Either that or he will start launching tires due increased ballooning.

Thanks! Great videos as always. Did the chassis survive the hinge pin incident?

They really turned these v2.5 revisions around quick given the wait we had for the OG v2.

Seems like handling and steering is much improved and pretty much all the V2 kinks have been worked out. Any thoughts as to what the biggest contributor is? Would be interested to seeing you run both v2 and v2.5 in the same session so you could dial in on the differences in driving experience.

I can’t decide if the center diff is a worthwhile upgrade or not. I feel like it may actually tame down the wheelie happy part of the car which is my son’s favorite part. Either that or he will start launching tires due increased ballooning.

The chassis broke at the hinge pin mount.

Center diff and removal of sway bars is why it steers so much better. You can do U-turns in a 3-foot radius instead of a 6-foot radius as before.

Glad to see the v2.5 has the longer pins i started to recommand to everyone who had a 3s or v2 4s

They really do watch/listen to customer feedback! Pretty much everything I've ever complained about with the 4S line they fixed.

Thanks for the awesome videos @razorrc .

I significantly downsized my consumption of RC-related YouTube videos in the past year or so and I unsubscribed from several channels, but I still watch all your videos with great interest, as soon as they pop up. Keep up the great work! :)

Thanks for the awesome videos @razorrc .

I significantly downsized my consumption of RC-related YouTube videos in the past year or so and I unsubscribed from several channels, but I still watch all your videos with great interest, as soon as they pop up. Keep up the great work! :)

Thanks! Much appreciated. I also cut down the channels I watch to only a few.

No point in getting a center diff if you're just going to lock it. Might as well run the slipper. So I would say no.
Right! Everyone has been crying for this center diff for years, now they want to just lock it up.

Have you driven it yet?
Oh yeah. Nothing crazy, just some open field turn and burn with small backyard ramp jumps. I’m a newbie and this is my first rc so I’m not a good judge of comparison to the prior version. That said, as a newbie, I think it drives amazing. High speed turns with the power down are like butter.

The chassis broke at the hinge pin mount.

Center diff and removal of sway bars is why it steers so much better. You can do U-turns in a 3-foot radius instead of a 6-foot radius as before.

They really do watch/listen to customer feedback! Pretty much everything I've ever complained about with the 4S line they fixed.
Saw that video, the day it dropped. Nice driving, and you gave that truck a good flogging. Not great that the chassis broke, again, but under the circumstances, I can't get too mad at it. Are there any servo saver issues that carry over? Good to hear it drives with a lighter feel...is it lighter? Not sure how I rationalize one, what with th 2 Rival MT10s in the stable, and a Kraton 6s EXB inboun ;D

Saw that video, the day it dropped. Nice driving, and you gave that truck a good flogging. Not great that the chassis broke, again, but under the circumstances, I can't get too mad at it. Are there any servo saver issues that carry over? Good to hear it drives with a lighter feel...is it lighter? Not sure how I rationalize one, what with th 2 Rival MT10s in the stable, and a Kraton 6s EXB inboun ;D

I doubt it's lighter, but I think there are some subtle things going on that people are going to miss. I give some hints in the first run video, but the truck drives differently than the original V2.

I'll explain more in the full review.

A comparsion between this Outcast/Kraton vs the Traxxas Maxx 2.0 would be intresting since both are 4s.
Also how durable do you think this is vs the 6s exb version? Plastic chassi seems stronger now.

Last edited:
I doubt it's lighter, but I think there are some subtle things going on that people are going to miss. I give some hints in the first run video, but the truck drives differently than the original V2.

I'll explain more in the full review.
Much has changed, since your 4 year old Maxx comparison. Would you still pick the Maxx to keep?

I have to think a lot of the tighter steering comes down to the servo saver and removal of sway bars . The spring is almost certainly beefed up in this new 25T saver as it being weak was such a common complaint. I transplanted a Kimbrough HD spring in my stock 23T saver and the difference is pronounced. I bet I would be down to a similar turning radius if I removed the sway bars. I’ll have to try, but I actuallly like the planted behavior they create.

Also, I think the new servo is a downgrade if you compare the specs. Don’t have them handy but it’s weaker at the various voltages than S652. The difference is it’s now running at 7.4v. I remember an issue with the firma 100 and 120 where you can’t run the S652 at 7.4v it creates brownouts. And spectrum actually deployed a special RTR firmware for those ESCs to lock out BEC voltages greater than 6. Seems like they resolved that now with the 120 v2 ESC and or the new less powerful servo. Servo might be where they saved $$ in order to reduce price point yet add features.

Back