RC Purchase Limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its got a full exhaust system, not aftermarket, I put together the parts & pieces I wanted. It sounds good. Shorty SS headers, 3" dia X pipe, 10" long merge, 36" overall length, Black Widow race mufflers. 2-1/2" over axle
I put the AWE touring exhuast on mine. sounds great!! <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had plans for a k24a2 turbo awd swap, but that's where I'm at, see how far I can take it. I wanna be like Million Mile Joe! The ODO died at 298,000 and change around 10 years ago, so I've been keeping track of it on paper ever since. When it dies I'll swap it.
You would have liked my K20 swapped MR2 I built about 7 years ago.
It was a fun little car.

I hear ya man. I can't wait to pay this thing off. I'm keeping it til the wheels fall off. They can shove all these ultra hi-tech new cars. Just more stuff to break later on.
Heck yea man, I hate all the tech, so does my wife. She's rockin an 01 Corrola and loves it, but not as much as her toy. '96 Accord EX sedan, Innovative traction bar, Inovative engine and trans mounts mounts, ST sway bars front and rear, Koni yellows, Eibach Sportline springs (Eibachs are progressive rates in the rear and ride more like stock), Megan camber and toe arms in the rear, and Prothane bushings all around. That car handles so dang good, and tracks super flat like a C4.
1010171714 (1).jpg

You would have liked my K20 swapped MR2 I built about 7 years ago.
It was a fun little car.
The MR2 is a rowdy little car. Gets dangerous with a lot of power though. A buddy had one that was SR20t swapped and that this was nuts! So light in the front end.

Heck yea man, I hate all the tech, so does my wife. She's rockin an 01 Corrola and loves it, but not as much as her toy. '96 Accord EX sedan, Innovative traction bar, Inovative engine and trans mounts mounts, ST sway bars front and rear, Koni yellows, Eibach Sportline springs (Eibachs are progressive rates in the rear and ride more like stock), Megan camber and toe arms in the rear, and Prothane bushings all around. That car handles so dang good, and tracks super flat like a C4.
View attachment 363655

The MR2 is a rowdy little car. Gets dangerous with a lot of power though. A buddy had one that was SR20t swapped and that this was nuts! So light in the front end.

Somebody say mr2??
Like nobody realizes my username on here is "busted mr2" 🤣 aw11= 1st gen mr2.. my obsession. Still got my 86, it will never leave. I'd like to find another 2g but good god they have gotten expensive now days...

On topic-
My wife actually buys most my rc's for whatever occasions. Usually father's day and birthday I get 1-3 new ones. Then I'll usually get 1 more expensive one when we get taxs back.

I've been selling off quiet a few of them but any that were gifts I will never get rid of.
I'm around 30 right now including the little guys.

I don't have a budget or limits. If there are bills to pay or I'm going a bit overboard my wife let's me know.

I generally spend more on parts than cars. I maybe buy a car a year, if that. I've never kept a tally. #1 rule of fight club. Never tally the cost of a hobby.

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted a Mojave. 😁
I have the V2 - is great - suggest EXB to get the motor and ESC of choice - IS TOUGH AS NAILS

get the scorched fenders - btw - reduce debris accumulation by 95%+/-

Get a big enough motor to power it in the wintertime with the snow blade attachment to clear your driveway

Snowplow Clears Deep Heavy Snow After Storm GIF by ViralHog

Here's a related question.
How many of you have spent more cash on hop up parts than the cost of the truck there going on?
Easy

My Outcast 6s I haven't spent more on parts than what the truck cost me new. Well, that's the end of that list.

How many of you have spent more cash on hop up parts than the cost of the truck there going on?
Many, many times! Some of my micros have 3-4 times the cost of the truck in hop ups. 🤑

Guilty. Not my intention but stuff kept breaking.

Experience learned but not applied : more power = more $$$

Varies for all. Space, budget, and places available to use rc's are the main variables. I had only one rc for almost a year before getting a second. Now 3 years into the hobby and I have 8, so I got 6 over the last 2 years. If I had more space and a bigger fun budget, that number would be higher for sure.
Ehhhhh,well…….. I have 6 kids from 22 down to 9. 3 boys 3 girls. 3 of which live at home.. So I blame my small scale purchases on the young ones, and my large scale purchases are for me as I pass down my previous toys to the older kids, who in fact have absolutely zero interest in rc hahahaha as I use my wife as the reason for random purchases “cause I figure she might like it” hahaha. My family is considerate and we do all play together at least 5-6 times a year and they all don’t mind wrenching on them or learning to maintain them and the wife enjoys buying “pretty” stuff for them. So my addiction is sorta a family fun event as for the numbers it’s a bit high I try not to have more than 50 ready to go at any point!!! In my opinion it’s excessive however I’ve had worse addictions that didn’t include any family time so we are all good with where we are at,and family always comes first!!!

Back