RC Tire care (lifetime & looks)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Did a quick search couldn’t find anything

Was wondering how you guy care for your RC tires

looking to prolong life and keep them looking nice!

Can’t get my tires looking pretty and shiny...How do you guys do it?!?!

Thanks

A little diluted simple green and a toothbrush 🪥
1624837042804.jpeg

Last edited:

Thanks
What @Cheez said and I hit them with some silicone spray on the sideways for a little shine...put it on the shelf when done on yoga blocks to keep the tires in the air

I agree with Jordan. If you’re strictly going for nice looking rubber shine, clean them first with simple green foam, wipe off with wet rag or wtv. Then just carefully apply tire shine. Or, skip the foam entirely, wipe them down with a wet rag and dry. Then spray tire shine. Rubber is rubber is rubber. The tire shine is going to be the only product that is meant for aesthetics specifically. Make sure to not get the shine on the ball joints and inner components. Easy peasy.

I just clean them, but if going to a car show or something, just hit em up with some Armor All or equivalent for rubber.

Any updates on this RC Tire Care thread? Seems like most people use a spray bottle and brush them down? Just curious since you probably don't want to soak the foams.

I saw a vote for 303 protectant when finished cleaning. I would think you want to treat the rubber to keep them from cracking.

I don't bother cleaning the tires just get all the muck of the rims. used to clean the tires and put silicone spray on but don't think it made them last any longer and wd40 silicone spray is too expensive these days :(

Thanks
I've for a while now been experimenting with different oils to see which ones would replenish the minerals and oils that our tires loose within time .. especially for those who keep many as spares or on shelf queens ..how to keep them for dry rotting .so one oil that I use on my composite plastics is olive oil...yes olive oil .a little on a rag and wipe keeps all my plastics replenished and looking new allways.so same applies for tires .put some olive oil in a sprayer bottle.spray the tires down .waite about 5 minutes,let the tire soak it up then a nice even wipe down .olive oil will soften the tire and put back minerals it needs .don't over do it .all's you need is a little.and no your tires will not be greasy...try it out let us know how you like it ..😁👍

On a side note simple green which is a degreaser yes will clean but not revitalize and replenish your wheels .so any degreaser will at some point dry out your rubber .

Last edited:
Back