Really! Why are speed run bodies so expensive??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was me that got out in the weeds... over the tires... into the mud.
We're still talking about rc cars right? Sorry, may have been overserved here. But in all seriousness, back to the issue @ hand, I've recently begun making my own bodies w/ limited success. I tend to wreck all of the bodies on my rigs, so I'll admit that I don't wanna spend $ on something I may crush in 2 minutes. I think this one is good for @ least 100mph.😁👍🤘🍻

20221104_154702.jpg

20221104_154749.jpg

20221104_154828.jpg

20221104_154721.jpg

We're still talking about rc cars right? Sorry, may have been overserved here. But in all seriousness, back to the issue @ hand, I've recently begun making my own bodies w/ limited success. I tend to wreck all of the bodies on my rigs, so I'll admit that I don't wanna spend $ on something I may crush in 2 minutes. I think this one is good for @ least 100mph.😁👍🤘🍻

View attachment 257297

View attachment 257298

View attachment 257299

View attachment 257300
You might try Shoe Goo and drywall tape. Look it up on Youtube, there are about 100 videos on it. Basically it makes a flexible composite to reinforce. Other variants are Flex Seal, Gorrilla something, E600, Carbon Fibre. I think the standard Shoe Goo and Drywall is the best bang for the buck.

I did put some eb6000 down on the inside, but didn't have any drywall tape lying around. Did that build for my best friend on a budget to try to get him into the hobby. I will try it on my next one tho, working on a Kraton6s body now 😃😆🤘

View attachment 257297

View attachment 257298

View attachment 257299

View attachment 257300
Did you make it with a tin?

Last edited:
@Tex Koder is mostly correct, it was actually an 18 pack for the typhon, 24 pack for the Kraton 🤣

You'll need to make a dedicated thread covering your design&build..
All your info is kind of scattered all over the place... 😉

I'm getting all the night time Da Beers photos prepped and ready to upload.. in another couple of more minutes.
My laptop can't process all the images fast enough.
Hold on the your hats..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back