Kraton Receiver fitment question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hitting any target straight is my example.
I can see you haven't tried learning ST AVC. Perhaps you don't have any interest in understanding this rather new technology. That's ok too.
From a purist standpoint your method works for you.(y)
ST AVC is not allowed in sanctioned racing events because racing is about the drivers pure ability. Many racers that placed have been penalized for using it unbeknownst during post race inspections. But those racers took a chance and did it for a clear advantage. I don't advocate that.
Bashing is a far cry from racing indeed.
Tell me how ST AVC over corrects mid air control. You are wrongly informed. Or you wrongly set up your ST AVC if you actually gave it the" old college try". Works for my big air. Some of my rigs have it and some don't. I can adapt with or without.
But there will always be those that don't want to use it.
And, do you really think Arrma would include ST AVC with their DX2E because it doesn't work???? Seriously now.:cool:

I can see you assume again. Not owning doesn't mean one can't understand. I had it in my Slash and I ran it on a few Arrmas with a RadioLink. It's pointless and over-think for bashing. That's what we're talking about after all. What you know about racing doesn't matter here other than to try to over explain simplicity.
Your condescension is tiring and misplaced. Again.
What vehicles are stock with the DX2E? It's a $60 radio with a receiver included. Costs less retail than a Tactic TTX300. Street running vehicles as I said in the first reply benefit most. Do I think because Arrma does it I should praise? They also put a garbage radio on all the other trucks. Arrma isn't the end all be all across the board. Arrma did it because they have a deal with Spektrum and it's the best radio in the price point.
If you run AVC on vehicles you jump, good. But for folks that jump vehicles and are followed for jumping vehicles, they don't. It's bashing.
I know it tears you up but you've posted countless times about something simple and common. Imagine if everyone here spoke condescendly to members just starting in the hobby or asking simple questions. There'd be nobody here and the forum wouldn't have the positive reputation it has. It would be the dead Traxxas forum.
There's no need to try to sound so bright in every post especially when it makes no difference and skirts the actual subject or question. There's no need to over-explain or over-think. This doesn't just apply to RC but happens to fit in quite well.

You hurt my feelings.
@crimsonfancy, you are not alone.
?
Go have a drink on me. You're getting burned out. It happens. You are not the only one with a fan club. Hope that doesn't bother you too much.

Last edited:
Oh no. Not at all what I wanted to hear. What receiver would fit in there then? I’ll just use that in another vehicle I guess I just ordered a trx4 so hopefully it can fit in there.

Oh no. Not at all what I wanted to hear. What receiver would fit in there then? I’ll just use that in another vehicle I guess I just ordered a trx4 so hopefully it can fit in there.
I believe people have used a Traxxas receiver box in the past so that may be an option. I didn't realize you had the newest receiver with the telemetry. I have an older AVC receiver that fits so I assumed yours would. My bad.

Do you know the traxxas receiver box part number by any chance ?

I believe people have used a Traxxas receiver box in the past so that may be an option. I didn't realize you had the newest receiver with the telemetry. I have an older AVC receiver that fits so I assumed yours would. My bad.

Hope so kinda bums me out now I was looking forward to using it this weekend lol

Hope so kinda bums me out now I was looking forward to using it this weekend lol
Make it fit then ? A good part of this hobby is Jerry rigging stuff (hey whatever happened to @Jerry-rigged?). Seal the receiver in a small plastic bag and secure it somewhere ???

Last edited:
Maybe yu tried already, but does the rx mount on its side diagonally in the stock rx box?

I don’t have the system in hand yet. It should arrive Friday. Crossing my fingers it fits horizon has it listed as an optional upgrade under kraton section.
Does any one know if the infraction receiver box will fit into the kraton 6s seems like it is bit bigger?

My Lim. Rx box(same as Infr.) measures 57mmx47mmx30mm deep. If you remove the divider plate inside. (y)
Not sure if it is the best option though ...maybe too large of a footprint. And the rx box incorporates the esc tray and servo mount as one assembly. Alot of cutting and fitting involved. The Traxass rx box may be the better option.

Last edited:
The rx should be water proof as is already. If that matters.?

Does the spectrum sr6100at receiver fit in the kraton receiver box?
I just ordered the Spektrum DX5C Smart 5-Channel DSMR Transmitter with SR6100AT to replace my stx2 got tired of run away no signal delayed kraton lol ?
If that receiver box is the same size as my Outcast 6s receiver box than your going to have a tight fit. The SR6100AT barely fit in my receiver box. I laid it flat. I also drilled a little hole on the side of the box to pass the receiver antenna through the side, so it wouldn't get smashed or pressed up against the receiver box once I pushed the receiver all the way down on the double sided tape.

I’m concerned if it flying the other way when the truck jumps if it isn’t in a receiver box don’t think double sided take will hold it and not sure about zip ties

Try on its side. If AVC is going to be used, servo tape is a must. But the rx can also be placed on its side and taped as well according to the manual. Rx don't have to be installed inside a rx box. Any decent servo tape and zip ties are fine. And most rx boxes are not truly waterproof or dust proof any way. But it's nice to put your $80.00 rx inside the box. Most High End Race rigd don't even use Rx boxes.

Last edited:
Yea I’m going to try both I’m interested in the avc technology so wanted to try this combo

The tape will hold as the receiver is light. I can bring you some if you show on Saturday. Bind without AVC for this weekend and all you need is a ziplock bag or something to keep the dust out. Zip ties or velcro will do. I'll bring stuff to the session. Don't waste that chance over not having a proper box ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back