Recent drivetrain problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blez

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Senton 3s
Have had a variety of drivetrain issues the last few times I've taken my Infraction out. First problem was the slipper shaft becoming disconnected from the spur gear. The car would just make a whirring noise and not move when pushing on the throttle, so I replaced the entire slipper set with the Vendetta 50T. Then during the next drive, the radio became disconnected and the car went careening into a curb. When I took the body off, the ESC was beeping and the front wheels were locked pointing to the left. I let it cool down and it corrected itself, so I started driving again and that's when the rear left wheel came off 🤦 Everything is a learning experience I suppose...

Have had a variety of drivetrain issues the last few times I've taken my Infraction out. First problem was the slipper shaft becoming disconnected from the spur gear. The car would just make a whirring noise and not move when pushing on the throttle, so I replaced the entire slipper set with the Vendetta 50T. Then during the next drive, the radio became disconnected and the car went careening into a curb. When I took the body off, the ESC was beeping and the front wheels were locked pointing to the left. I let it cool down and it corrected itself, so I started driving again and that's when the rear left wheel came off 🤦 Everything is a learning experience I suppose...

Will need to see your slipper to diagnose what happened there...

But on the other issues -
1. Did you calibrate the steering and ESC endpoints after you changed them out from stock?

2. Are you keeping an eye on the temperatures - on your motor and ESC? How got did they get??

3. The wheel looks like it wasn't tighten all the way down and the wheel nut probably worked itself loose.. eventually rounding out the hex on the wheel. That's my guess.

Will need to see your slipper to diagnose what happened there...

But on the other issues -
1. Did you calibrate the steering and ESC endpoints after you changed them out from stock?

2. Are you keeping an eye on the temperatures - on your motor and ESC? How got did they get??

3. The wheel looks like it wasn't tighten all the way down and the wheel nut probably worked itself loose.. eventually rounding out the hex on the wheel. That's my guess.
Thanks for your thoughts! For the slipper, I changed the spur out myself on the one that came with the car and I'm guessing I didn't do it exactly right. It lasted a couple months, but eventually just wouldn't catch anymore. Rather than try to rebuild it, I just bought the whole assembly for the Vendetta, which came pre-built. For calibration, the brushless conversion was done by RC Cars of Boston, so I'm guessing they did everything by the book. For temperatures, I still need to buy a thermometer (I am still new to the hobby). I figured since this isn't a crazy 100 MPH build, maybe it wasn't necessary to keep an eye on temp, but I guess I was mistaken. Then for the wheel, I think you're def right about that. It sucks because that wheel was brand new :mad: Dumb mistake on my part.
Is this a modded mega!?
Yes indeed. Prolly should've just gotten a Vendetta, but oh well!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back