Granite Recommend a radio to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha. Is the only difference the number of channels? Why would I need 4, let alone 6?
Dumbo 6 channel includes a gyro receiver for steering stability control, 4 channel Dumbo doesn't. Extra channels usually for stuff like lights, 4 wheel steering, or winches like in crawlers. Even if you don't use those channels it's nice to have those extra pins on a receiver to power fans or lights.

As everyone mentions, dumbo RC is a good cheap upgrade. It’s also on amazon prime, so should be fast delivery.

If only that were the case. I wonder how Amazon justifies people spending on their Prime account when items take far longer than 2 days to arrive. Trigger pulled, DumboRC x6 on the way...

I appreciate the recommendation, it just seems like overkill for basic bashing, and is more $ than I would want to spend. I would prefer not to have to spend for something better, as the vehicle should come with a system that's worthy.

If you ever buy another R/C you only have to buy the $10 receiver, the Flysky can be set to 20 different cars.

If you ever buy another R/C you only have to buy the $10 receiver, the Flysky can be set to 20 different cars.
The dumbo receivers are like 8$. No model memory but if you only have a couple bashers it don't matter. I have the FSGT5 too but the receivers are a lot more than 10$...awesome radio though...

Locally I can get a tactic ttx300 for $60, or if I can be patient and wait for delivery next Tuesday, the Dumborc x6 for $35. Thoughts?

dumbo

As everyone mentions, dumbo RC is a good cheap upgrade. It’s also on amazon prime, so should be fast delivery.

Placed the order on the 15th. Amazon said it be here yesterday, the 20th. Yesterday came, and now they're saying 21-22. Today I had an "opps, it's taking longer than we thought" message. Meanwhile, the servo I ordered from Amazon came next day, so I took out the receiver box and electronics, removed the receiver...and now have to wait for Amazon to get their ____ together. Why am I paying for Prime membership?

Placed the order on the 15th. Amazon said it be here yesterday, the 20th. Yesterday came, and now they're saying 21-22. Today I had an "opps, it's taking longer than we thought" message. Meanwhile, the servo I ordered from Amazon came next day, so I took out the receiver box and electronics, removed the receiver...and now have to wait for Amazon to get their ____ together. Why am I paying for Prime membership?

that stinks. Sorry to hear that has been your experience. I live in a pretty populous place and I got mine in two days. I ordered mine in the pandemic lull, that may explain some of the delay. Hope it gets there soon.

It’s not “Prime” that’s slow for me, it’s the damn post office. Amazon has been getting my orders out the door on time, but the post office has had up to a week delay. Also they seem to mis-sort my packages often. They get sent half way across the country in the wrong direction on a normal basis. Then they get stuck in Detroit for days. Sometimes they make it all the way to my PO and get marked “Out for delivery” only to never actually arrive. I’ve had four packages never show up since Covid that were marked as OFD.

It’s not “Prime” that’s slow for me, it’s the damn post office. Amazon has been getting my orders out the door on time, but the post office has had up to a week delay. Also they seem to mis-sort my packages often. They get sent half way across the country in the wrong direction on a normal basis. Then they get stuck in Detroit for days. Sometimes they make it all the way to my PO and get marked “Out for delivery” only to never actually arrive. I’ve had four packages never show up since Covid that were marked as OFD.

What irks me is, deliver on your promise! If you say it will be delivered on Monday the 20th, deliver it on the 20th!

that stinks. Sorry to hear that has been your experience. I live in a pretty populous place and I got mine in two days. I ordered mine in the pandemic lull, that may explain some of the delay. Hope it gets there soon.

Well, hush my mouth, showed up today. Anyone know what the USB port on the side is for?

What irks me is, deliver on your promise! If you say it will be delivered on Monday the 20th, deliver it on the 20th!
eBay at least gives you a $5 credit if they miss the guaranteed date.

As I'm reading the instructions and trying to make sense of the poorly translated Chinese, should I have the receiver connected to the servo and ESC before binding? As I'm setting the throttle and steering extreemes, does that set the steering end points?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back