Recommend gear size for Castle Mamba XLX2, 8S, 33.6V ESC WITH 2028-1100KV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weapon X

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am fairly new to the whole pinion and spur gear size and motor stuff. I want to get the Castle mamba XLX 2 2028 -1100 kv to go with the new Kraton EXB 1/5 scale. Can you guys give me a good recommendation for the pinion and spur size? For now, I just need a good set up that is easy for beginner and won't overheat the motor or just give me a good run time for bashing and stuff. Can you guys also give me a good brand and where to buy the pinion and spur gears? A link to those gears would be appreciated.
Thank you everyone in advance.

Hi everyone,
I am fairly new to the whole pinion and spur gear size and motor stuff. I want to get the Castle mamba XLX 2 2028 -1100 kv to go with the new Kraton EXB 1/5 scale. Can you guys give me a good recommendation for the pinion and spur size? For now, I just need a good set up that is easy for beginner and won't overheat the motor or just give me a good run time for bashing and stuff. Can you guys also give me a good brand and where to buy the pinion and spur gears? A link to those gears would be appreciated.
Thank you everyone in advance.
I have that exact system. I run 35/47 gearing on my Outcast 8s. It does about 50mph on grass. No issues so far after like 10 runs.Saga customs has mod 1 pinions for 8mm shaft motors like ours. I just use the stock 47t spur gear. So the only thing you would need is the pinion from Saga customs and I also recommend the M2C esc plate made for the XLX2 so that it can be bolted down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back