New Castle Creations Mamba ESC Cobra 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Saw this today.
Could it be the 12s XLX3?

IMG_20240126_214316.jpg

Seen if you mess with the contrast the ESC is hidden in the picture
IMG_20240126_214302.jpg

Interesting. I have to say... I've had the best luck with Castle's Mamba Monster X over the years. Have had one Max 6 easily overheat, and another right now is glitching; and it's only been run a handful of times. But my oldest (first ever brushless ESC) the MMX still works like new. Here I am, considering a Hobbywing quicrun 150a 2000kv system in a budget Typhon/Senton 6s conversion. The price. Physically, the Hobbywing's ESC is a bit larger, but I don't know if it's better. Heard good things about the new quicrun. Will have to wait to see what this Castle is.

Hard to guess the scale, but my guess would be a MM2 replacement as it's the oldest model in their current lineup
An updated MM2 without the poopy fan cage? Yes please. The fan cage and the fact you can't easily mount a different fan are my only issues with the MM2.

Man that new combo is expensive AF. Really wonder what you getting over the hobbywing combo. Sucks they don't list any amps to go with the price tag.

definitely a long time coming lol

Product page says it has mounting holes underneath as well

I hope they do the revision to all

Castle's performance is unmatched, but my wallet would prefer Hobbywing.
normally I would agree with you but the new hobbywing stuff is pretty nice and that built in bluetooth with app support is A+. The part that really baffle me about the new castle combo is the fact that it's 330$ + another 55$ for bluetooth and only 6s. The max amps better be well over what the max 6 g2 can do. :eek:

Just checked it out. Too expensive. Would choose the MMX. In fact, I have two already, but they're in a TRX-4 and a E-Maxx crawler build, and I don't want to rip from the E-Maxx quite yet. Haven't even tried it yet. Too much in these builds. I guess for my Typhon to Senton 6s build, I'll stick with getting Hobbywing's $125 150a 2000kv quickrun combo. Most waterproof. I saw a YouTuber put that in a heavy Hoboa MT with no overheating. The MMX 2200kv combo RIPS, but the motor gets unacceptably hot quickly. I know from experience. I guess "CRYO-DRIVE" can go eat 💩. Not worth it.

normally I would agree with you but the new hobbywing stuff is pretty nice and that built in bluetooth with app support is A+. The part that really baffle me about the new castle combo is the fact that it's 330$ + another 55$ for bluetooth and only 6s. The max amps better be well over what the max 6 g2 can do. :eek:
That Bluetooth feature sounds super convenient, but Holy Moly! $380 altogether is definitely up there 😬 Wow, everything's going up these days

The MMX doesn't have cryo-drive my friend. And yes it makes a noticeable difference.
I know it doesn't. MMX8s does. MMX is older. I was saying that the price for this isn't worth it. In the end they're electronics and both brands can screw up. Castles have caught fire, and I have a Max 6 that's only been used a few times that is now glitching. In the end, they're not worth the money they're charging. ESPECIALLY Castle. It's corporate greed. If you knew how much it really costs to make and package this stuff, it would astound you. YOU know! You're the one telling most here to get the HR style aluminum bulkheads from AliExpress. You absolutely know. From plastic to aluminum machining, it does not cost that much. In the end... they're toys. It's a way to rip off the nerds. Sports rip off sports nuts, automobile companies... don't get me started on them. Point is, Castle needs to get off their high horse like most businesses. I'm not impressed with Castle's new ESC.
Pretty good point you make there 👍 Despite what you or I might think, I guarantee Castle will still sell a bunch of those babies.
Yeah. They probably will. If you put out a plate of dog 💩, take a picture of it and announce that it's new on marketplace or eBay, I wouldn't doubt that you'd get people asking "is this still available?"

Last edited:
I know it doesn't. MMX8s does. MMX is older. I was saying that the price for this isn't worth it. In the end they're electronics and both brands can screw up. Castles have caught fire, and I have a Max 6 that's only been used a few times that is now glitching. In the end, they're not worth the money they're charging. ESPECIALLY Castle. It's corporate greed. If you knew how much it really costs to make and package this stuff, it would astound you. YOU know! You're the one telling most here to get the HR style aluminum bulkheads from AliExpress. You absolutely know. From plastic to aluminum machining, it does not cost that much. In the end... they're toys. It's a way to rip off the nerds. Sports rip off sports nuts, automobile companies... don't get me started on them. Point is, Castle needs to get off their high horse like most businesses. I'm not impressed with Castle's new ESC.

Yeah. They probably will. If you put out a plate of dog 💩, take a picture of it and announce that it's new on marketplace or eBay, I wouldn't doubt that you'd get people asking "is this still available?"
something tells me you have no experience / education in "business finance".

my take is it's pretty remarkable castle is able to continue to exist. Competing with developing market wages / input cost. I suspect the business model extends into commercial as well...I'd be VERY surprised to hear it's just RC hobby revenues they pull in.

Also I'd imagine Kansas is comparatively a pretty cheap place to operate out of.

can clearly tell from your wording your basis is largely emotive / a narrative you simply side with. Likely "fueled" by not being on the "castle is affordable" side of the rc market...you basically said as much.

the idea castle has been able to "develop" a new esc highlights Castle's model is doing just fine.

Note I cannot really afford castle stuff. I can afford the used prices, could NEVER buy just a motor. Can only barely justify their combo pricing (300$ CAD for a 1717?? that's literally stoopid and clearly a "supports US based business" price point for a dang motor. BUT...I do understand this isn't "corporate greed", it's US based company pricing.

Also there's basically two rc hobby ESC makers (excl. tekin & some old esc factory still pumping out super cheap ecss).

The way you describe the situation there is a lot of margin for a competitor to work with entering the market....even horizon hobby, as big and aggressive in buying up RC market as it is...does not do electronics. (if i understand right the "chip market" is very tough to work with at "mass production" levels. Wouldn't be surprised if that's why this new castle esc is coming out in 2024 instead of 2020 lol

Last edited:
I suspect the business model extends into commercial as well.
Apparently CC products are even being used in USA military products.
I was told this by a man from the USA i met when i was in Germany.
He was interested in our Mojave and rc stuff in general. He definitely recognised the name when i mentioned it was controlled by a CC product.

Back