New Castle Creations Mamba ESC Cobra 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, I'll just get HW's 150a quicrun combo for my Senton 6s build. One and done. I think it's better than their G2 max 8. Slap a 40mm fan on the ESC and motor. Who needs Castle's overhyped, overpriced secretive power capacity and 'data logging.' Not me. I don't feel bad about it not being American made, as it's Chinese owned in the first place. My two Castles have their place, but for anything else they're not necessary for me. I checked it out, and saw an asinine price. End of.

Although the software shows the amp limiting up to 500 amps or fully disabled.... its not a 400-550 amp ESC.
Those numbers would only last for a second or so before it restricts the power down.

Just wanted to clarify that as those things in the software might be misleading.

With the 6.5mm bullets and 10ga power wire it wont be higher output than the MMX8s and no where near the XLX2. As advertised its a replacement for the MMX6s ESC.

I had recently seen there is a pretty big software issue that this ESC is not currently working with non-sensored motors.
I cant believe castle still does not test with other motors before releasing their product :rolleyes:

I had recently seen there is a pretty big software issue that this ESC is not currently working with non-sensored motors.
I cant believe castle still does not test with other motors before releasing their product :rolleyes:
They got too close to Traxxass and the monopoly virus carries on.

Just heard about this...Here's a video referencing the issue you're talking about.

Doesn't even work with their motor if you remove the sensor cable! 😱

Oh of course, instead of worrying about warranty of an ESC failure using a non-sensored motor they don’t even allow it to function without that safety communication.

1707347690242.gif

This issue was indeed reported early on by some guys in the test group. Castle listened, released new firmware, and those guys said the problem was resolved.

I’ve only tested with sensored motors (Castle & other) but now I’m curious if mine does the same thing. I’ll try to install and test a sensorless motor in the next few days and report back.

Back