Granite recommended brushless upgrade for arrma granite 4x4 mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Richard, my son and I are in Bracknell as well. You'll often see us in South Hill Park doing jumps over the ramp in the playground or Lilly Hill Park as it's right by the house. Best place close by I found is Lightwater Park just the other side of the M3 junction. Big flat field for speed runs and loads of forest trails with different surfaces, rock, sand, dirt, stone.... Free parking. Swinley forrest is OK but nowhere for fast runs and parking is a lot now. If you know anywhere else good, let me know.

nice, thanks for the replys. so if i want to keep just on 2s i would be ok without those extra upgrades?

I have the mega v2 and went brushless and I put in the HD input gears and at the time a 550 4000kv motor. I ended up stripping my diff cups and inputs so went with blx ones but still run the stock mega slipper. I’ve had the same spur gear since April and after almost 5 months I finally had to replace spur gear. And it was my fault for ruining the metal adjustable motor mount I put in so the motor kept slipping and pinion gear tore up the spur. Otherwise it would still be okay. Reinstalled the stock mega motor mount with predrilled holes and it works way better now! Anyway you don’t have to change the slipper if you don’t want to. You would however probably get more speed considering it’s a smaller spur!

Hey Richard, my son and I are in Bracknell as well. You'll often see us in South Hill Park doing jumps over the ramp in the playground or Lilly Hill Park as it's right by the house. Best place close by I found is Lightwater Park just the other side of the M3 junction. Big flat field for speed runs and loads of forest trails with different surfaces, rock, sand, dirt, stone.... Free parking. Swinley forrest is OK but nowhere for fast runs and parking is a lot now. If you know anywhere else good, let me know.

Hey yeah, I will check out lightwater park do you park at the leisure complex and use the football field? We also go to swinley forest but we park in the forest park housing estate and cut through to the woods from that side, but like you say nowhere open enough really. Another good place is Caesars camp woods, if you can park in the housing estate near the golden retriever pub and cut across the road from there, it kind of backs onto the look out woods if you wander a bit further in. Our cars are out of action at the moment my granite is awaiting upgrades as it looks like either the stock motor or the esc has gone pop. Iv got to wait till payday to order the upgrades. with everything on the list its gonna be about 180 quid for all the upgrades. might as well do them all at once i guess, saves stripping gears. My son has the hosim 9125 which is equally as fast as the stock granite and loads of fun and half the price lol. but also half the build quality but cheap as chips to repair. lol Also bucklers park which was part of the old TRL facility which backs on to broadmore hospital. there is a nice steep curved corner to speed around, quite good fun.

does anyone have a link to the upgraded blx diffs i need to go with the heavy duty input gear so i can run 3s? Im going to go ahead and start ordering the above parts and do the granite mega upgrade. Thanks for all the helpful advice guys, much appreciated

Has anyone got a link to the upgraded blx diffs to fit those heavy duty input gears?

yeah i live in berkshire, do the diffs not come pre built with all the internal gubbins, and parts for the wheel axles to plug into? I was going to get the
Hobbywing EZRUN Combo MAX10 SCT 3660SL 3200kv and 15t pinion and upgraded 52t slipper, and 17t input gear x2. then was thinking would the stock diffs be strong enough? if not then a pre built unpgraded diff?

Yeah, I'll second that... the diffs are tough. I ran a big BLX185 motor on 4s thru the "weak" mega diffs. Set the slipper, and don't land a jump while WOT. I have blown 2 diffs - one Mega, one BLX, with a 3660 size motor. One, landing on the throttle trying for a backflip, and the second, my little girl making the truck "breakdance" (yeah, it broke, thanks... LOL)

Yeah, I'll second that... the diffs are tough. I ran a big BLX185 motor on 4s thru the "weak" mega diffs. Set the slipper, and don't land a jump while WOT. I have blown 2 diffs - one Mega, one BLX, with a 3660 size motor. One, landing on the throttle trying for a backflip, and the second, my little girl making the truck "breakdance" (yeah, it broke, thanks... LOL)
Ive actually stuck the steel hot racing diffs into my typhon now. Expensive upgrade but consequently, she should be bulletproof for 4s.

ok cool, so does the upgrade im proposing sound reasonable or am i forgetting something. Going with ezrun combo max10 sct 3660sl 3200kv with the 0.8 mod 15t pinion and 52t slipper then the heavy duty 17t input gear x2. then leave everything else stock. does this sound good for 2s or can it handle 3s aswell? any idea on speed on 2s.
im not planning on doing any major jumps like you see on youtube, geez those guy are trying to break stuff (gulp) just a bit of off road woodland stuff maybe some light jumps but nothing too big

ok cool, so does the upgrade im proposing sound reasonable or am i forgetting something. Going with ezrun combo max10 sct 3660sl 3200kv with the 0.8 mod 15t pinion and 52t slipper then the heavy duty 17t input gear x2. then leave everything else stock. does this sound good for 2s or can it handle 3s aswell? any idea on speed on 2s.
im not planning on doing any major jumps like you see on youtube, geez those guy are trying to break stuff (gulp) just a bit of off road woodland stuff maybe some light jumps but nothing too big
Sounds good except slipper spur is 57t. I reckon this is solid for 3s but you will deffos want to change your bearings for rubber shielded asap. Esp if running in soggy woodland! Try these guys:

https://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=15_156&product_id=1826

i am intrigued to find out what kind of speed i can expect from the upgrade im going to do on 2s and on 3s. I a bit nervous about attempting 3s. could do without breaking more bits. Its an expensive hobby innit :)

i am intrigued to find out what kind of speed i can expect from the upgrade im going to do on 2s and on 3s. I a bit nervous about attempting 3s. could do without breaking more bits. Its an expensive hobby innit :)

If you don't break something you arent driving fast enough :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back