Granite recommended brushless upgrade for arrma granite 4x4 mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha - I'd bet in the next few weeks from you we'll be hearing about your first 6s purchase ;)

Great work chap, it's a brilliant hobby. One problem though - photos please :)
iv actually got a youtube channel so i plan on doing some granny and kraton videos soon. My 11 year old son is planning to get a 1/10 scale losi rock rey soon, he has been saving up all his pocket money for a long years now. Hopefully get some vids done soon.

iv actually got a youtube channel so i plan on doing some granny and kraton videos soon. My 11 year old son is planning to get a 1/10 scale losi rock rey soon, he has been saving up all his pocket money for a long years now. Hopefully get some vids done soon.
Looking forward to it mate. I'd forgotten about your K6s!

Hi all so i was just out ripping the granite around with a 3s and i stripped the 0.8mod spur gear (part ARA310949). looks like the composite spur gear wasnt tough enough for 3s
I was wondering if the steel version would just fit straight in?
This one
https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/314...17i0pNHxtr_LHP2jm7kunZipPTkaH5XxoCf24QAvD_BwE
cheers guys
Dude, the 3s BLX rigs come stock with the composite 0.8mod spur gear and I have run my Big Rock and Typhon 3s since day 1 on 3s. It's been about 6 months now and I am still running the same exact stock composite spur gear that came with the two rigs. Have extras but never needed them. Haven't stripped one yet. The composite 0.8mod spur gears are plenty capable of handling 3s. Maybe your gear mesh was set wrong or you have a bent motor plate.

Dude, the 3s BLX rigs come stock with the composite 0.8mod spur gear and I have run my Big Rock and Typhon 3s since day 1 on 3s. It's been about 6 months now and I am still running the same exact stock composite spur gear that came with the two rigs. Have extras but never needed them. Haven't stripped one yet. The composite 0.8mod spur gears are plenty capable of handling 3s. Maybe your gear mesh was set wrong or you have a bent motor plate.
Would it have been a too loose mesh that would cause the spur to strip? or too close

Would it have been a too loose mesh that would cause the spur to strip? or too close
Too loose and too tight will both cause excessive wear.

My Granite is currently down for maintenance (stripped front diff and want to swap the motor). Inspecting the plastic spur, it shows wear, but is still in good shape. Oh, and it is 3 years old, I don't know how many dozen batteries thru it. :)

cool thanks for the replies, I have just inspected the metal motor mount and it is indeed bent and slightly twisted. I have re-installed the stock plastic motor mount. The pre drilled hole for a 15t pinion resulted in a very tight mesh, so i took a small drill bit and widened the hole to give a bit more adjustability. seems ok now, maybe a little on the tight side but seems to run nice and smooth. we are going to the beach on the weekend so it will get a proper run then. I think i will keep it on 2s for a while. My son has just bought a traxxas rustler 4x4 vxl i recon thats good for about 40mph so i plan on having a race with him lol :) thanks again guys

I have finally got around to doing a speed run with all the proposed upgrades installed. I recon i could squeeze a little more out of it but its a bit of a monster now lol Just about to take the 6s V5 Kraton out for a speed run later today :)
enjoy

I have finally got around to doing a speed run with all the proposed upgrades installed. I recon i could squeeze a little more out of it but its a bit of a monster now lol Just about to take the 6s V5 Kraton out for a speed run later today :)
enjoy
Need a bigger pinion. Plus, the Max10sct is 4s capable if you really want more speed.

Need a bigger pinion. Plus, the Max10sct is 4s capable if you really want more speed.
Its running pretty hot as it islol. also i have alreadt stripped a spur runnig 3s. To be honest 40mph is perfectly fast enough for a 1/10 scale in my opinion. The granny already feels over powered lol. I just got 52mph on our 6s kraton. Thats an angry car lol.

Its running pretty hot as it islol. also i have alreadt stripped a spur runnig 3s. To be honest 40mph is perfectly fast enough for a 1/10 scale in my opinion. The granny already feels over powered lol. I just got 52mph on our 6s kraton. Thats an angry car lol.
Great. No problem, just a suggestion.

enjoy
Very nice video! I have exactly the same combo like you. Don´t you have motor temp problems? I see no cooler installed, I have at least standart Arrma passive cooling AR310883, no fan on it. No spur stripping yet, but I have problems with u-joints disconnecting on drive shafts, probably slipper too tight? Right after changing for metal CVD drive shafts ARA310870 on front, I popped standart drive shaft on rear on side lol. and ARA310870 out of stock, must be a slipper..

enjoy

I have just taken the diffs apart to do a oil change. I have put absima silicone 30,000 diff fluid in the front and 10,000 in the back. As stock it comes with a really thick grease inside the diffs. The thickness looks a bit like Vaseline probably doing nothing as most of it was spun off to the sides of the inside of the diff casing. I am interested in your thoughts about diff oil thickness. I believe stock diff fluid is stated as being 10.000 but i can tell you i found really thick diff grease inside the diffs, the sort of thing they use on the outside of the diffs on the diff input gears. I hope i haven't gone too thick on the front. Any thoughts? cheers guys.

The oil became thick sludge. Appears like a grease. I think you had oil to begin with and that it was long overdue for a change, a proper fill. I seen this with my 6s diffs and the factory oil. It just ends up looking like a grease especially when it is low on oil and reaches temps over 200F. And it turns black from the wear of the teeth metal. This thickens the oil to a paste. Just my spin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back