Big Rock review needed on big rock 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasrott

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
getting ready to pull the pin on the big rock 4x4 its a beautiful machine as soon as my local store won't get them in for a couple weeks yet so does anyone care to voice their opinion I am looking for durable more than anything. I don't do jumps but like the speed and occasionally do drifting. Im mostly on the driveway short grass or i take it to to the ball diamond where i got some room and let it rip. any suggestion> different tires? better shocks> anything i should be aware of you can pm me also if you don't want the attention and i thank you

I'm fairly new to the hobby so I have nothing with this kind of power to compare it to. All I care about is that it's fun. My driving style sounds similar. I want durability as well and feel like over the past 6 mos that I've had mine I've replaced quite a few things. I've run close to 50 packs on 3s. I've replaced the stock arm which broke due to driver error, diff input gears, yokes, and center drive shaft due. This was basically from inexperience and wear and tear; which just started in the last few weeks. I've upgraded quite a bit on mine though as things start to break.

The V3 has quite a few upgrades but hasn’t hit the streets yet for anyone to evaluate it. From all the info we have today, it looks like a badass rig. ??

Big Squid did a unboxing on YouTube recently, yes it was the new V3 black one. Should have run it by now, so don't know what's up with that ?‍♂️. My thoughts is this will be the next one to drop, don't quote me on this, but do pat me on the back if it does! ?

My son has the v2 and we did similar upgrades to what the v3 will have..: it handles great after widening it and adding better tires. It’s fast stock and faster with better electronics. We love it. I like running it more than my Kraton 6s sometimes because it’s smaller and more agile And fast as hell.
My son had the v2 and we did similar upgrades to what the v3 will have..: it handles great after widening it and adding better tires. It’s fast stock and faster with better electronics. We love it. I like running it more than my Kraton 6s sometimes because it’s smaller and more agile And fast as hell.
I want the V3 for myself and plan to get it when I can

Last edited:
I have a v2 senton an brcc.i agree with yonic,senton is alot more durable do to the fact that it's not open wheeled like brcc.smaller tires save axles an diffs.bigger bumpers,nerf bars,suspension is protected by body.i mostly break things when trucks go cartwheeling or high speedinto something.when they come out the brcc will probly go off shelves first.the senton is the fastest with 20t pinion.just my opinion thou.here are my body's,brcc roof the only ruff spot.senton slides down road upside down while brcc tumbles down road.bodys saves breakage

160000103508168305765810136061.jpg

I have all 3S and 4S vehicles with the exception of the big rock. When my Hobbytown gets them in, I am getting one. The Senton 3S is the least favorite for me. It is hard to control in the air due to the body acting like wings when air gets under the body. I have the Senton 6S and love it.

When my body posts get here I ordered for a BRCC, they will be going on my Senton 3s so I can run a smaller body, either the BRCC or another narrow. They didn't have a BRCC in stock, so I bought the Senton instead.

I got mine knowing I was going to learn and upgrade along the way and based my decision on durability. I have typhon 6s shocks, typhon 3s arms and turnbuckles, sealed bearings, ball joint upgrades, hr 17mm hex adapters, proline badlands 2.8, new box adjustable motor mount with new pull tabs, box 185 with stock motor and 18t pinion gear, He steering bellcrank, Kraton 4s steel slipper. I’m awaiting the hr diff yokes and case to go with the steel hr gears. and case. I had a hobbywing max 10 but was having problems and just decided on a blx185.

I have a v2 senton an brcc.i agree with yonic,senton is alot more durable do to the fact that it's not open wheeled like brcc.smaller tires save axles an diffs.bigger bumpers,nerf bars,suspension is protected by body.i mostly break things when trucks go cartwheeling or high speedinto something.when they come out the brcc will probly go off shelves first.the senton is the fastest with 20t pinion.just my opinion thou.here are my body's,brcc roof the only ruff spot.senton slides down road upside down while brcc tumbles down road.bodys saves breakage

View attachment 99646
I don't really understand why they call the BRCC a 1/10 when the body is so small compared to a true 1/10.

I got mine knowing I was going to learn and upgrade along the way and based my decision on durability. I have typhon 6s shocks, typhon 3s arms and turnbuckles, sealed bearings, ball joint upgrades, hr 17mm hex adapters, proline badlands 2.8, new box adjustable motor mount with new pull tabs, box 185 with stock motor and 18t pinion gear, He steering bellcrank, Kraton 4s steel slipper. I’m awaiting the hr diff yokes and case to go with the steel hr gears. and case. I had a hobbywing max 10 but was having problems and just decided on a blx185.
I can’t find the HR gears and case. I have the yokes installed front and rear. Had the max10sct but my son got it wet so I put in a blx185 I had as a spare... 3674 2950kv I have all the same upgrades though. I have the cvd axles too... what ball joint upgrades did you do?

I went with Hot Racing Aluminum Pivot Ball Set Arrma 1/10 4x4 ATF160B02. Got them on eBay.
Here’s a look under the hood.

Attachments

• 94D5D385-39A3-4D3E-AB88-9E4B0358AE05.jpeg
    94D5D385-39A3-4D3E-AB88-9E4B0358AE05.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 93
I don't really understand why they call the BRCC a 1/10 when the body is so small compared to a true 1/10.
Yup theres alot of opinions on that.when I got my brcc I opened up box expecting a bigger body.
I went with Hot Racing Aluminum Pivot Ball Set Arrma 1/10 4x4 ATF160B02. Got them on eBay.
NICE TRUCK,ever want to go faster throw a surpass 4068 in there 1700-2650 kV in there.i run the 2650kv with blx185 esc on 4s.44$ motor is a beast

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a good review too. I'm getting this for my son for Christmas. It suits his style I believe better than the Typhon or Senton. Granted it's back ordered right now. I don't want to wait too long because I know the Christmas rush will be here before we know it.

Ah ok I added those too. I thought I was missing a potential upgrade haha
Yup theres alot of opinions on that.when I got my brcc I opened up box expecting a bigger body.

NICE TRUCK,ever want to go faster throw a surpass 4068 in there 1700-2650 kV in there.i run the 2650kv with blx185 esc on 4s.44$ motor is a beast
Were you able to Mount up the 4068 motor without modification? I went with a 3674 2950kv. On 4s it’s ?

I'm waiting for a good review too. I'm getting this for my son for Christmas. It suits his style I believe better than the Typhon or Senton. Granted it's back ordered right now. I don't want to wait too long because I know the Christmas rush will be here before we know it.
its for sale right now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back