Big Rock review needed on big rock 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horizon and Tower shows backorder on my side!

Ah ok I added those too. I thought I was missing a potential upgrade haha

Were you able to Mount up the 4068 motor without modification? I went with a 3674 2950kv. On 4s it’s ?
Fits right in with room for fan.this high kv 40 series motor on 6s sounds like a jet taking off.rpms just keep climbing making that beautiful sound
Fits right in with room for fan.this high kv 40 series motor on 6s sounds like a jet taking off.rpms just keep climbing making that beautiful sound
Does the 3674 stay cool on 4s

Last edited:
The Horizon rep told me on the phone the other day that it would most likely not be available until October.

The Horizon rep told me on the phone the other day that it would most likely not be available until October.

I must have had the page up last night. This is what it said at the bottom. I can pre-order though the local hobby shop. I may do that to support him. Just as long as I get it before Christmas.

1600124728449.png

Does the 3674 stay cool on 4s
It gets warm. We like wot! After one pack we let it cool down for 5-10 minutes. I don’t think we’ve hit thermal yet.. it’s actually more enjoyable on 3s. I think we’re running a 17t pinion. I wanted to make it 4s capable so my son could surprise his buddies.. he kicks their butts on 3s already ha

Got mine today from my local hobbytown. Looking forward to extreme bash session this Saturday at my local bash spot. Will see how it handles 20ft jumps.

Man that thing looks sweet. I love the matte black.

getting ready to pull the pin on the big rock 4x4 its a beautiful machine as soon as my local store won't get them in for a couple weeks yet so does anyone care to voice their opinion I am looking for durable more than anything. I don't do jumps but like the speed and occasionally do drifting. Im mostly on the driveway short grass or i take it to to the ball diamond where i got some room and let it rip. any suggestion> different tires? better shocks> anything i should be aware of you can pm me also if you don't want the attention and i thank you
I think this was the V1 that got beat up, but that was impressive. The current version should be more durable :

My online hobby shop guy told me yesterday he will only be getting three in that are already sold, said Horizon is spreading them out for everyone. Told me to call back next week when he gets more in stock. Hooking me up for $265.00 shipped, no tax!

My online hobby shop guy told me yesterday he will only be getting three in that are already sold, said Horizon is spreading them out for everyone. Told me to call back next week when he gets more in stock. Hooking me up for $265.00 shipped, no tax!
Did they fall off a truck? ??

Wow, color me surprised. The new Big Rock (and I’m assuming other V3’s) come with sealed bearings instead of those black plastic bushings on the steering arms:

7F8B7397-CD0D-4760-B720-AE181F67C6BB.jpeg

honestly this is the first 3S truck I will run as is for awhile - no replacing the radio, adding sealed bearings, adding a motor fan, upgrading the steering servo, etc.

The only thing I’m doing is strengthening the body and printing out some roof sliders.

Wow, color me surprised. The new Big Rock (and I’m assuming other V3’s) come with sealed bearings instead of those black plastic bushings on the steering arms:

View attachment 100674

honestly this is the first 3S truck I will run as is for awhile - no replacing the radio, adding sealed bearings, adding a motor fan, upgrading the steering servo, etc.

The only thing I’m doing is strengthening the body and printing out some roof sliders.

Definately interested in what you do for a roof slider and body strengthening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back