Limitless Rlaarlo Ak917 and 787 projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New chassis for my TP motor dual 787 showed up today from Beast mode rc.
Worked with him to get the width just right and it came out great.
Now can fit Onyx 3-4s packs
IMG_7853.jpeg

IMG_7847.jpeg

IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7849.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

HEy guys I want to put some wider wheels on mine so they protrude out further (3mm at front and 6mm at read ideally I think) - can anyone suggest anything (black hubs) please? I've bought a pontiac firebird body for mine as I'm on a muscle car them at the moment!

I had a look around for other 12mm hex road wheels but most we're coming in at a smalelr diameter than these? :unsure:

HEy guys I want to put some wider wheels on mine so they protrude out further (3mm at front and 6mm at read ideally I think) - can anyone suggest anything (black hubs) please? I've bought a pontiac firebird body for mine as I'm on a muscle car them at the moment!

I had a look around for other 12mm hex road wheels but most we're coming in at a smalelr diameter than these? :unsure:
The BSR drag series is wider and has offset to push the wheel out more.
They offer a few different sizes so you can find what works best for your need.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/bsr-ra...R6sSz_j3_TGLWICW8X8exaw_8D4cQqGUaAgzqEALw_wcB

Ah cool will grab some - thanks for the tip.

Any thoughts on rubber ones though for tarmac drifting please?
Not familiar with the rubber options because they tend to not hold up over 60 mph.
I think Traxxas makes different offset wheels for certain variations of the 4tec car but that is the only one I had owned and know about.

New chassis for my TP motor dual 787 showed up today from Beast mode rc.
Worked with him to get the width just right and it came out great.
Now can fit Onyx 3-4s packs
View attachment 336003
View attachment 336004
View attachment 336005
View attachment 336007
View attachment 336008
That thing looks amazing. Going to be a missile, man.

There‘s a really big selection of 1/10 touring cars wheels out there with a lot of different offsets. I’m doing one now with a wider rear, and I got matching wheels. Two are 3mm offset, and two are 8mm offset and it worked really well while still being able to fit regular width TC tires.

@vwturbowolf Did Rlaarlo discounted their foams, I was not able to find them?
When I made my last ordor they where out of stock and when I looked yesrday I was not able to find them.
They are working on a new foam tire. Just not finished up yet.

What is the fastest the 787b model has been so far?

Still curious how that body and wing will work out at higher speeds...
Yes fastest I’ve been was 144 before our weather went to crap here.

I know that currently there is one faster pass but can’t say too much on that. What I can say is it will make passes 160-170’s….

1st time out with the Rlaarlo tonight, probably did 30-40mph.
I am trying to figure out how to fit a XLX2 under the body.
If I move the servo up top, do I need to have a shorter steering link and do i need to make a custom mount or do you think one pin and one screw holding the servo is enough?
P1460451.JPG
P1460458.JPG
P1460472.JPG

If I move the servo up top, do I need to have a shorter steering link and do i need to make a custom mount or do you think one pin and one screw holding the servo is enough?
View attachment 338193View attachment 338194View attachment 338195
it can be tricky to fit in there depending on batteries you want to run.
You can also fit the mmx8s a little easier if you have one and for most setups it’ll do just fine. Couple guys that did 170’s were using mmx8s.

View attachment 338193View attachment 338194View attachment 338195
For the AK-917 the body didn't exactly fit with the XLX2 esc, but we found putting the ESC beside the motor on its side was the best place for it.
When doing that you want to make sure the battery wires are not going to line up with the pinion gear.
This is how I had setup my AK-917:
1703255163259.png

If you move the servo up top you can build a plate for it and build it in a way that the stock servo arm and link is used. This means the servo will not be perfectly centered on the car. You have to play with it because if you go to far off center the servo will hit the body. Finding a shorter link might be the way to go but that was how I did it.

Could you put the XLX2 flat on the driver side and strap the battery on the passenger side?
Thats the plain but I have to see how to fit the servo.
For the AK-917 the body didn't exactly fit with the XLX2 esc, but we found putting the ESC beside the motor on its side was the best place for it.
When doing that you want to make sure the battery wires are not going to line up with the pinion gear.
This is how I had setup my AK-917:
View attachment 338230

If you move the servo up top you can build a plate for it and build it in a way that the stock servo arm and link is used. This means the servo will not be perfectly centered on the car. You have to play with it because if you go to far off center the servo will hit the body. Finding a shorter link might be the way to go but that was how I did it.
I think I might have it! Thanks.
If I put the servo on top since I am using a small motor the XLX2 will fit between the motor and the steering servo saver.
Edit: The problem with your set up and what I was trying to make work, is the body doesn't sit right at all.
it can be tricky to fit in there depending on batteries you want to run.
You can also fit the mmx8s a little easier if you have one and for most setups it’ll do just fine. Couple guys that did 170’s were using mmx8s.
Ya, I don't have a MMX8S right now. Speed is not the goal, 132ft is the goal!!

Last edited:
Back