Limitless Rlaarlo Ak917 and 787 projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It comes with 50t pinions from what i have seen. It makes it faster anyway

It comes with 50t pinions from what i have seen. It makes it faster anyway
Fair enough, I thought Rlaarlo might just use whatever is available in the parts bin. They don't have a good record for quality control from what I've seen online. I've ordered from Rlaarlo some 45T pinions along with a 50T pinion gear to hopefully replace the horrible 52T gold plated gear, that thing lasted 10 minutes of driving in a carpark.

Fair enough, I thought Rlaarlo might just use whatever is available in the parts bin. They don't have a good record for quality control from what I've seen online. I've ordered from Rlaarlo some 45T pinions along with a 50T pinion gear to hopefully replace the horrible 52T gold plated gear, that thing lasted 10 minutes of driving in a carpark.
I installed a 50t pinion in the center it works well. I’ve never tried using one of the gold gears. Always just removed it prior to running on mine

I installed a 50t pinion in the center it works well. I’ve never tried using one of the gold gears. Always just removed it prior to running on mine
That's good to know. I'm getting back into RC cars after about 15 years so I'm diving in deep and learning a lot. I just noticed I've been watching your your youtube videos where I came across your speed run videos. That's what made me want a Rlaarlo, thanks for that haha.

22/54 2S
Ran at 50% 29mph
2X 52mph, 4s WOT, 100%
I am going to try 22/44, that should get me about 60mph and that should be a good tuning start point for drag racing.
it was 33 when I ran but I was able to get 60mph!
Now I am going to swap for the MMX8S, install the body, and gear up to 27T pinion (since that is the smallest 5mm 32p gear I have).

Well with that said the fastest drag racers In the world run Mmx8s esc 😉 even in 1/7 scale, something about tuning and performance from a stop and the extra timing settings
I plugged the MMX8S into Datalog for the first time today, and you are right. There are 2 extra timing settings if you're running censored.

Haven’t gotten to many of these out yet this season but did manage a great pass with the single 4s 917 car.
Planning to push for my goal of 170+ on 4s with this car.
Currently using a 4s 6600 onyx pack, I plan to use a 9350 soon on the same gearing and see what gain I get.

Haven’t gotten to many of these out yet this season but did manage a great pass with the single 4s 917 car.
Currently using a 4s 6600 onyx pack, I plan to use a 9350 soon on the same gearing and see what gain I get.
Great job buddy, that is impressive! 👍 Interested in what the difference will be with the bigger battery!?

Guess I’ll unveil the first official 1/10 scale car with a 1721 2400kv castle motor.
Fitted with a complete hobao vte2 center driveline and it’ll be running 8s, this is a custom 415mm wheelbase build that I did over the winter

The body is a modified Delta plastic wr body that I added a cockpit to and additional rear wing for stability

I did some initial 120-130 mph testing and the car is running straight.
However the castle motor had rotor damage from pushing it last year in one of my vte2 builds, so I sent it off for a non warranty replacement. The new one arrives tomorrow so I can start to push this car soon

IMG_9601.jpeg
IMG_9554.jpeg

Great job buddy, that is impressive! 👍 Interested in what the difference will be with the bigger battery!?
Well it’ll hold a little higher voltage and should open more rpm’s up top. Should be able to see 165 on current gearing

It blows my mind that you’re putting up these kinds of numbers on such a small car. It’s definitely a testament to your driving ability. Great runs, man.

Guess I’ll unveil the first official 1/10 scale car with a 1721 2400kv castle motor.
Fitted with a complete hobao vte2 center driveline and it’ll be running 8s, this is a custom 415mm wheelbase build that I did over the winter

The body is a modified Delta plastic wr body that I added a cockpit to and additional rear wing for stability

However the castle motor had rotor damage from pushing it last year in one of my vte2 builds, so I sent it off for a non warranty replacement. The new one arrives tomorrow so I can start to push this car soon

View attachment 358033View attachment 358034

Well it’ll hold a little higher voltage and should open more rpm’s up top. Should be able to see 165 on current gearing
Hot damn. Can’t wait to see how that thing performs.

View attachment 358033View attachment 358034

Very nice build there!
I dig it (y)

Hot damn. Can’t wait to see how that thing performs.
Very nice build there!
I dig it (y)
IMG_0008.jpeg

Replacement 1721 showed up today, it’s installed and geared for 160-170 to start and see how efficient this motor does on this platform. It’ll definitely be making some passes the next time I go out

Back