Limitless Rlaarlo Ak917 and 787 projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the plain but I have to see how to fit the servo.

I think I might have it! Thanks.
If I put the servo on top since I am using a small motor the XLX2 will fit between the motor and the steering servo saver.
Edit: The problem with your set up and what I was trying to make work, is the body doesn't sit right at all.

Ya, I don't have a MMX8S right now. Speed is not the goal, 132ft is the goal!!
Well with that said the fastest drag racers In the world run Mmx8s esc 😉 even in 1/7 scale, something about tuning and performance from a stop and the extra timing settings

I can send you a couple pictures of how mine are laid out but they are similar to Libertys,
Daniel Simps has a good layout with his as well, he’s recently started posting in the how fast you gone today thread.
It’s standing against the center brace. Opposite side of the motor. Then runs a small battery on each side of the car. Well balanced setup. Also standing the esc toward the center of the car gives a little better fitment of the body

If I had one, I would use it, but this is all I have. I bought it off a friend cheap about 3 mounts ago.
IMG20231222122232.jpg
IMG20231222122318.jpg
I mounted mine on top of the center brace of my AK-917 but should work on the 787 also!? The body fits normal also.

Here is what it looks like now. the servo is not solid, but everything fits well. I used a Traxxas link for the servo.
If the photo above works for me then I would be able to mount the servo where it belongs, and everything would fit!
The other problem I was running into was how short my motor wires are.

P1460483.JPG

View attachment 338245View attachment 338246 I mounted mine on top of the center brace of my AK-917 but should work on the 787 also!? The body fits normal also.
Sadly, between the body being different and me not taking the cover off it won't fit and the wires are not long enough.
I have a solution, but the body won't be installed. If I am to run this car with the body on, I will be buying an MMX8S.
Thank you guys for all the help!
@vwturbowolf When I get a MMX8S would you be willing to help me set it up for drag?

Sadly, between the body being different and me not taking the cover off it won't fit and the wires are not long enough.
I have a solution, but the body won't be installed. If I am to run this car with the body on, I will be buying an MMX8S.
@vwturbowolf When I get a MMX8S would you be willing to help me set it up for drag?
I have only just built my first drag car on a vte2 platform and won’t be running it til next season. So I probably won’t be much help with drag setup.

IMG_7987.jpeg

I have only just built my first drag car on a vte2 platform and won’t be running it til next season. So I probably won’t be much help with drag setup.

View attachment 338262
It's gorgeous!!!
I was asking for help setting up the MMX8S. Maybe I can find a video on all the MMX8S drag tricks.
Final configuration until I get something that fits. I won't be able to use a body.

P1460487.JPG

P1460488.JPG

I am no expert on drag either but I would imagine it is as simple as turning off low voltage cut off and let-er-rip

It’s been a busy month with builds.
My dual motor 787 build I was able to get some Mmx8s esc’s to fit. Extremely tight setup but it’s in there. Opens up a lot more room on that setup as my limiting was the previous mmx6s esc’s
IMG_8331.jpeg

Also had one of the Beast mode Rc wider chassis’s that I had not built anything on so I decided another dual was in order, to roll with the green chassis I went with a castle setup for this one and it turned out great. Some minor details to complete but it’s 95% there
IMG_8362.jpeg

trying a new body with this car as well which I’m very excited about. Quickly became one of my favorite new builds
IMG_8408.jpeg

Next season is definitely going to be a big year. Even bigger than this year with 1/10 scale cars. Some other big name guys are doing some wicked stretch 1/10 builds. I expect we will see some 190+ runs
Can’t wait to get going with these in a couple months when the weather breaks

It’s been a busy month with builds.
My dual motor 787 build I was able to get some Mmx8s esc’s to fit. Extremely tight setup but it’s in there. Opens up a lot more room on that setup as my limiting was the previous mmx6s esc’s
View attachment 341683
Also had one of the Beast mode Rc wider chassis’s that I had not built anything on so I decided another dual was in order, to roll with the green chassis I went with a castle setup for this one and it turned out great. Some minor details to complete but it’s 95% there
View attachment 341685
trying a new body with this car as well which I’m very excited about. Quickly became one of my favorite new builds
View attachment 341687

Next season is definitely going to be a big year. Even bigger than this year with 1/10 scale cars. Some other big name guys are doing some wicked stretch 1/10 builds. I expect we will see some 190+ runs
Those builds look very good.

Quick question - why the heat shrink on the Castle motor wire tabs?

I noticed this also. Should be interesting for sure!

lol whew I thought I was doing something wrong over here without them 🤣
I was trying to figure out a way to fully cover them with heat shrink. I know it’s not needed but I thought it would be cleaner looking. I tried to slide a piece over each side and have them overlap . But it looked messy

I received the carbon 787 dual motor rtr recently and it had 50T pinion gears, not the advertised 45T. Has anyone else had this happen?

Back