Rlaarlo CT8A Radio Remote Control 8 Channels with Gyro Color Screen RC Transmitter & Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have big hands it’s a bit small physically wise but otherwise it’s good so far.

They have got new stock now hope they have improved the "aa" battery holder https://rlaarlo.com/products/8-channel-remote-control

One other thing i have noticed is that not all 18650 batterys work, the problem is that the +side of some batterys will not make contact to the battery lid. Here is pictures that explain it better

18650.jpg

So I ordered this for my daughter since hit is a nice size for her. It worked great until.... We were using it for the second time and it randomly just turned off and would not turn back on. Hold the button and it would start to turn on, but immediately turn. Checked batteries in another remote, and they were slightly discharged, but powered several other remotes without issue. I put brand new batteries in this remote and it turns on. No idea what is causing this but I can't always keep fully charged fresh batteries in this thing. I am trying to do a return. If that doesn't pan out, I will try a Lipo. But I have heard from others there is a known power draw on these even when turned off. If you put in a lipo, be sure to turn them off to avoid discharging the lipo and starting a fire. Such a shame for this power issue as the remote is perfect for her otherwise. Anyone else have similar experience?

You use 1,5 volt batteries and not some rechargeable AA with lover voltage?

I use 1,5 volt rechargeable lithium AA works good.

So I ordered this for my daughter since hit is a nice size for her. It worked great until.... We were using it for the second time and it randomly just turned off and would not turn back on. Hold the button and it would start to turn on, but immediately turn. Checked batteries in another remote, and they were slightly discharged, but powered several other remotes without issue. I put brand new batteries in this remote and it turns on. No idea what is causing this but I can't always keep fully charged fresh batteries in this thing. I am trying to do a return. If that doesn't pan out, I will try a Lipo. But I have heard from others there is a known power draw on these even when turned off. If you put in a lipo, be sure to turn them off to avoid discharging the lipo and starting a fire. Such a shame for this power issue as the remote is perfect for her otherwise. Anyone else have similar experience?

Yes, I had to switch to an 18650 for mine.

Also received mine yesterday. From 'ordered' to 'delivered', it took only 9 days.

Regarding the "not waterproof", that's standard with the great majority of receivers. Some receivers might indicate "water resistant", but not even that is actually 'waterproof'. Unless a receiver is clearly stated as being "waterproof", it's not 'waterproof'. At the same time, any receiver can be made waterproof through a few different methods, the easiest/quickest of which is conformal coating.

As for "not wanting multiple controllers", to a certain extent, that's a good thing...but, at the same time, there is no such thing as "one controller to rule them all" (please, no replied mentioning the RadioMaster MT12). The thing is, while many can agree it's not 'good' to have a dozen (or more) controllers, it CAN be 'good' to have a few controllers. One reason would be to have certain vehicle types in a particular controller. For example, all of my Mini-Z/1:28 scale vehicles are on my FlySky Noble NB4. Another reason would be so that you can have a friend/family member "borrow" one of your vehicles, so the two (or more) off your can RC together. Another reason might be to have a rescue boat on a radio that's different than the radio your other boats are on. I could continue with examples, but I'm sure you're understanding why having 2-4 radios is actually a 'good' idea. In my case (and, I'm certain, with other people), all above examples apply.

Getting to your last question, as with almost all Tx/Rx manufacturers, no. Can you binge a Futaba receiver to a Spektrum radio, or a Traxxas receiver to a Sanwa/Airtronics radio? Of course not...because each manufacturer utilize their own protocols, and those protocols are (almost always) proprietary to that manufacturer. Using 1:1 cars as an example, it's possible to take a key fob from a Toyota RAV4, and have a dealership reprogram it to work with a Toyota Supra...but, it couldn't be reprogrammed to work with a Honda Accord. Hopefully, my analogy makes sense.
I absolutely 100% agree! I share my rcs with my friends and family and we have over 28 rigs.

I was very interested in the mt12 you mentioned because of the 4-1 protocol. The reason is, you can bind 2 controllers to Traxxas tqi receivers. So in theory one could bind the mt12 to all of the rigs with tqi receivers and keep the OG controllers as well.

This would allow you to always be able to use your mt12 as your primary and still let your friends/family use your rigs! However, atm the mt12 only supports old tqi receivers that don’t have the built in gyro.

So I’ll wait until they update that feature.

One very useful feature I’m curious if the Rlaarlo remote has is adjustable voltage alarm for the telemetry/lipo in the car. Because one could set the alarm to go off once the battery is down to storage mode and save time from having to do it after you RC. RadioLink for example can do this.

Back