Rlarrlo AK-917

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The metal roller only 120$ right now on Amazon

IMG_5020.png

The metal roller only 120$ right now on Amazon

View attachment 347031
Do yourself a huge favor and scrape up enough extra shekels to just go for the carbon roller in the first place. It comes with most of the hop-ups already, a better layout, and with CF shock towers, not those paper thin “alloy” ones on the metal roller. It’s a totally different animal, trust me,

If you want to just run in the street and runs speeds 20-50 mph the metal roller is fine.
Otherwise if you want a speed runner get the carbon fiber model.
Right. Or maybe for carpet track, but even then I had to install upgrades and still wished for the carbon roller. For the extra $30-40 bucks (depending on the deal at large) it’s a no brainer for me. CF baby, yeah! 👍

I have been buying the metal rollers. When they are on sale. Some of my cars I’ve swapped to beastmode chassis and I then have leftover stock ones. So the metal roller is a great deal.
Just swap the center shaft and chassis

I have been buying the metal rollers.
Just swap the center shaft and chassis
LMFAO. By the time you pay for the two-piece center shaft conversion and bearing carrier (not to mention the chassis) you could have already bought the carbon fibre roller with the dual center shaft, carbon chassis, and carbon shock towers plus MANY more aluminum hop up parts already present. I’m sorry, I’m just not seeing the metal rollers as any kind of bargain. At least not for how I want to use them. I don’t see the point in saving $40.00 and then spending $110.00 to make it equal.

LMFAO. By the time you pay for the two-piece center shaft conversion and bearing carrier (not to mention the chassis) you could have already bought the carbon fibre roller with the dual center shaft, carbon chassis, and carbon shock towers plus MANY more aluminum hop up parts already present. I’m sorry, I’m just not seeing the metal rollers as any kind of bargain. At least not for how I want to use them. I don’t see the point in saving $40.00 and then spending $110.00 to make it equal.
Well it worked out good for me. I acquired enough extra parts from a trade to build two complete aluminum option rollers to sell to other guys plus I have 7 full rlaarlos cars built many of them didn’t use stock chassis so the only thing I added to them to complete was the center shafts. I’ve probably got ten or more spare center driveshaft sets here and double that in axles.
the stretch cars I used the metal rollers since I’m doing my own custom center drivetrain and to be honest the metal shock towers work better. Everyone is free to buy what they want it just worked good for me
image.jpg

why would I spend another 80$ for a carbon roller if this is what I’m going to do?

The only car I run a stock chassis on is the rtr car I have every one else has custom chassis

Do yourself a huge favor and scrape up enough extra shekels to just go for the carbon roller in the first place. It comes with most of the hop-ups already, a better layout, and with CF shock towers, not those paper thin “alloy” ones on the metal roller. It’s a totally different animal, trust me,
Yep I agree 100%, go carbon fiber roller! (y)

Yep I agree 100%, go carbon fiber roller! (y)
The carbon rollers don’t come with any aluminum hop up parts over the metal rollers.
The come with the carbon chassis, carbon towers and 2 piece center shaft.
All the rest is plastic on both

I do agree if some was choosing to keep the car basically stock I would choose the carbon roller over the metal any day. Much easier to layout the car. But these metal rollers are great for parts.

In the heavier dual motor builds and this stretched out 1721 build the metal towers I used because they twist less then the carbon. They aren’t “paper thin”

Well it worked out good for me. I acquired enough extra parts from a trade to build two complete aluminum option rollers to sell to other guys plus I have 7 full rlaarlos cars built many of them didn’t use stock chassis so the only thing I added to them to complete was the center shafts. I’ve probably got ten or more spare center driveshaft sets here and double that in axles.
the stretch cars I used the metal rollers since I’m doing my own custom center drivetrain and to be honest the metal shock towers work better. Everyone is free to buy what they want it just worked good for me
View attachment 347061
why would I spend another 80$ for a carbon roller if this is what I’m going to do?

The only car I run a stock chassis on is the rtr car I have every one else has custom chassis
That looks insane!
I cant wait to see what you do with these 1/10 cars this year (y)

That looks insane!
I cant wait to see what you do with these 1/10 cars this year (y)
Thanks. That’s a 1721 will run 8s I will have some serious world record 1/10 contenders this year. James is building some wicked ones too as well as a few other guys
The metal towers have less twist then the carbon ones on the heavier builds I have. They aren’t paper thin to me. My suspensions are setup stiff and the flex was all in the carbon towers twisting

Well, I’m glad it worked out for you. Those alloy shock towers look thin as heck to me. And I”m glad you’ve got ten or more center dual shaft conversions on the shelf. That stretch build in the pic is sexy af!
View attachment 347061
Because Rlaarlo is sending you parts for free? I mean, just saying… You deserve them for sure, especially for running a 181mph pass for them.
I rest my case…

Well, I’m glad it worked out for you. Those alloy shock towers look thin as heck to me. And I”m glad you’ve got ten or more center dual shaft conversions on the shelf. That stretch build in the pic is sexy af!

Because Rlaarlo is sending you parts for free? I mean, just saying… You deserve them for sure, especially for running a 181mph pass for them.

I rest my case…
Rlaarlo hasn’t sent me any cars or parts. After doing their workshop for their future 1/6 scale project that’s what I should be testing parts for in the future.
I collect enough spare parts for this platform same as I do for the vte2 or limitless so if there’s a failure or crash I can usually have everything repaired quick

Rlaarlo hasn’t sent me any cars or parts. After doing their workshop for their future 1/6 scale project that’s what I should be testing parts for in the future.
I collect enough spare parts for this platform same as I do for the vte2 or limitless so if there’s a failure or crash I can usually have everything repaired quick
I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have made that assumption. I’m pretty surprised that after everything you’ve done in a very close association with Rlaarlo that they’re not sponsoring your efforts, at the very least in parts. I now realize how much you’ve given them for free!

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have made that assumption. I’m pretty surprised that after everything you’ve done in a very close association with Rlaarlo that they’re not sponsoring your efforts, at the very least in parts. I now realize how much you’ve given them for free!
Most companies are like this unfortunately. Its extremely difficult to get in to be “sponsored” or become a tester for any company. For me I’m gonna build what I want no matter what so i just do my thing. Some of the companies support me with discounts which is more than I’d ever ask for since without some of the aftermarket companies like onyx/scorched/perfect pass/saga the speed run scene wouldn’t be the same
I am a tester/driver for onyx rc power system batteries, so I order my orders direct from factory and also test new prototype packs as well,
Along with having direct access to TP for custom kv motors I want which is nice.

Back