Rlarrlo AK-917

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone noticed a rear toe adjustment for the AK917? Just getting into my carbon roller for the first time. I realize that it's a cheap car but I'm surprised that there isn't. Is there supposed to be a pill set or different degree hubs?

Has anyone noticed a rear toe adjustment for the AK917? Just getting into my carbon roller for the first time. I realize that it's a cheap car but I'm surprised that there isn't. Is there supposed to be a pill set or different degree hubs?

I posed in my build thread in RC Forums about this too. There is no rear toe adjustment. Would be nice though.

I posed in my build thread in RC Forums about this too. There is no rear toe adjustment. Would be nice though.
The rear toe is good for the stability of this car. I have not changed the rear toe on either of my cars. 0 toe would make this car uncontrollable

The rear toe is good for the stability of this car. I have not changed the rear toe on either of my cars. 0 toe would make this car uncontrollable
I don't see anyway to change it outside of some serious mods. The rear on Limitless platform it definitely toe'd in and the Rlaarlo looks dead straight at 0°.

To me it looks like the car has slight toe in in the rear.
image.jpg

whatever the case I can assure you no changes are needed except dialing in the front toe and camber adjustments then setting the droop when the car is full weight. I can get them to run straight as an arrow.
I’m using stock arms and hubs on my new build and started the same way on my competition car, the comp car now boss aluminum arms and hubs and they both drive great

Last edited:
I don't see anyway to change it outside of some serious mods. The rear on Limitless platform it definitely toe'd in and the Rlaarlo looks dead straight at 0°.
If you place a straight edge on the rear wheels and compare to the chassis edge mine does have some toe in for sure!

Thanks for the replies fellas, best I could measure with digital calipers is 1 degree toe in, better than nothing and I suppose a good compromise for a car designed primarily for speed runs. As was said, proper front end alignment along with gyro stabilization should make it a good straight line runner. Anyway, I contacted Rlaarlo about it and they quickly responded that they have no plans to offer optional hinge pin inserts for tuning, so it and the 787 will remain drag style speedsters as designed and won't be onroad racers.

Thanks for the replies fellas, best I could measure with digital calipers is 1 degree toe in, better than nothing and I suppose a good compromise for a car designed primarily for speed runs. As was said, proper front end alignment along with gyro stabilization should make it a good straight line runner. Anyway, I contacted Rlaarlo about it and they quickly responded that they have no plans to offer optional hinge pin inserts for tuning, so it and the 787 will remain drag style speedsters as designed and won't be onroad racers.
I’m sure it would be very easy to 3d print those inserts

Very interested, please keep us updated on the build👍👍
Will do, this will get put together once the 787 rollers arrive but will most likely be finished up for next season. I have some cars I haven’t driven in a couple months. Just not enough time to play

Very interested, please keep us updated on the build👍👍
I started to roughly assemble the second custom chassis I received from Beast Mode rc,
This will stay single motor and may end up just being a small 3640 and mmx esc for fun
IMG_7079.jpeg

I started to roughly assemble the second custom chassis I received from Beast Mode rc,
This will stay single motor and may end up just being a small 3640 and mmx esc for fun
View attachment 327842
Very cool chassis, man. I ended up with two AK917 rollers, one carbon and one aluminum. I’m taking the same approach with them and sticking with single motor 36xx setups. At this point I’m under no illusions that I’ll morph into some sort of speed run rockstar, and might instead start indoor carpet road racing at a nearby LHS. I’ve never done it, but it looks like fun. I have one of the new 1/10 HW G2 sensored setups I’ll be putting in the carbon roller for that, and I have another NIB HW Max10 SCT system I’ll put in the metal roller for a street basher.
It looks to me like your new build is slated for some serious single motor speed passes? 😊

IMG_7116.jpeg

Motors have arrived for a couple of the winter projects. Regular tp 3640’s and a rare find some 3640cm motors which I had to dig deep to find, but they should be incredibly powerful for their size. 35k+ rpm additionally to work with over the standard 3640,

I’ll probably make a build thread on these cars in the speed demon section

View attachment 328601

Motors have arrived for a couple of the winter projects. Regular tp 3640’s and a rare find some 3640cm motors which I had to dig deep to find, but they should be incredibly powerful for their size. 35k+ rpm additionally to work with over the standard 3640,

I’ll probably make a build thread on these cars in the speed demon section
Oh man that's a lot of horsepower in that itty bitty chassis! Looks like lots of fun.

Back