Limitless Scorched full length GT build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one sexy build, man.
Thanks! She’s almost ready. I got motivated.
image.jpg

That’s my fave. Just right. The 635 is too fast for the street. If you run the 630 straight off the receiver at 7.4 volts mine seem to be in a sweet spot.

That’s my fave. Just right. The 635 is too fast for the street.
I still slow the speed down just a bit through my NB4. But the return to center is just amazing. I haven’t been running DR actually. I’ve been setting my expo to 100%. Corrections are smooth and I still have full lock when I want to turn around. Seems to work for me.

I still slow the speed down just a bit through my NB4. But the return to center is just amazing. I haven’t been running DR actually. I’ve been setting my expo to 100%. Corrections are smooth and I still have full lock when I want to turn around. Seems to work for me.
That makes sense. I’ve sort of been doing the opposite, I’ll try your method.

Well I was hoping to get the final alignment done today after being out of town for work. Went to set the toe and noticed I was getting extreme variations as I spun the front left wheel. Powered it up and gave it some throttle and it has a lot of wobble. Thought it might have been the wheel so I swapped them around. Nope. Maybe the hex was off so I swapped that out with another I had on hand. Nope, still wobble city. Now when I was doing the build I remembered I had one hell of a time getting the pin out of and back in the hex. Thought it was weird so after remembering that and swapping parts the only spinning part left is the CVD stub. The hole is probably wonky because the pin slides in just fine on the CVD by itself. Slides in just fine on the hex by itself. Put them together and the pin is a pain in the ass to get back in. Slight wobble is acceptable since we're dealing with China QC but this is just too much. Ordered some new CVD's and hexes from Amain since I had reward points. So hopefully next week I can get the final alignment done.

Well I was hoping to get the final alignment done today after being out of town for work. Went to set the toe and noticed I was getting extreme variations as I spun the front left wheel. Powered it up and gave it some throttle and it has a lot of wobble. Thought it might have been the wheel so I swapped them around. Nope. Maybe the hex was off so I swapped that out with another I had on hand. Nope, still wobble city. Now when I was doing the build I remembered I had one hell of a time getting the pin out of and back in the hex. Thought it was weird so after remembering that and swapping parts the only spinning part left is the CVD stub. The hole is probably wonky because the pin slides in just fine on the CVD by itself. Slides in just fine on the hex by itself. Put them together and the pin is a pain in the ass to get back in. Slight wobble is acceptable since we're dealing with China QC but this is just too much. Ordered some new CVD's and hexes from Amain since I had reward points. So hopefully next week I can get the final alignment done.
I had a similar problem, swapped everything around, still couldn't get the pin in/out without excessive force... figured out it was the inside of the front hub, the machined out part where the inner bearing goes wasn't cut deep enough so the stub wouldn't stick through far enough to get the pin in or out without having to use a hammer and punch.. swapped hubs, all better... was driving me nuts, made me feel stupid for a minute, like what the hell am I missing?!?

I had a similar problem, swapped everything around, still couldn't get the pin in/out without excessive force... figured out it was the inside of the front hub, the machined out part where the inner bearing goes wasn't cut deep enough so the stub wouldn't stick through far enough to get the pin in or out without having to use a hammer and punch.. swapped hubs, all better... was driving me nuts, made me feel stupid for a minute, like what the hell am I missing?!?
Interesting. That explains the pin problem, maybe, but the wobble problem I’m not so sure. I was thinking of ordering the Scorched front hubs whenever they come out or maybe the Vitavon.
Interesting. That explains the pin problem, maybe, but the wobble problem I’m not so sure. I was thinking of ordering the Scorched front hubs whenever they come out or maybe the Vitavon.
Nevermind. Just thought about it. I shimmed the hubs to get rid of slop. Took out the shims and had the same issue with the pins.

Last edited:
Been slacking this week. Finally drilled and countersunk the chassis and got the battery strap holders installed. Still need to pull out the rear diff and change the fluid to 200k. Trying to find the motivation after my week. View attachment 271593View attachment 271592
Seeing your build makes me wanna tear mine down and start all over 😭😭🤣😂 great job she looks amazing 👏 😍

Scorched bulkheads installed on front and rear. Those input bearings really are huge. I did have to drill out the upper holes on both shock towers, otherwise there would have been cross threading. Second pic is the HR tower to show where I drilled but I had the same issue with the stock rear tower.
65611ED4-E28C-4847-ABFA-B1FEAE675967.jpeg
9A6D1AA7-0A20-4F6C-9531-273334FBB4F6.jpeg

Scorched bulkheads installed on front and rear. Those input bearings really are huge. I did have to drill out the upper holes on both shock towers, otherwise there would have been cross threading. Second pic is the HR tower to show where I drilled but I had the same issue with the stock rear tower. View attachment 277639View attachment 277640
Man those look sexy. Where you get them arms from

Man those look sexy. Where you get them arms from
GPM direct. Sometimes Nitro Hobbies has them in stock so check them first. I don't add aluminum parts unless it's needed. Everything either reduces or eliminates slop. For speed running that's my goal. If I can make the car look better it's a bonus.

GPM direct. Sometimes Nitro Hobbies has them in stock so check them first. I don't add aluminum parts unless it's needed. Everything either reduces or eliminates slop. For speed running that's my goal. If I can make the car look better it's a bonus.
Had to go to gpm directly but I got them, thnx. Also went ahead and got the front and rear diff housing and the front and rear axels from scorched. Gonna stick with open diff for now just change the diff fluid

Last edited:
Little update. I’ve been busy with family stuff and a slight issue with my test road. I did get to run it but the road was VERY dusty and the foams didn’t like it. I’ll do some more testing after I get back from vacation. It ran perfectly straight but I didn’t like the fact if I had to make a correction the car would slide really easy due to the dust. I also made another order from Scorched. Never mind the trident shaft in the order. That’s for my V1 build that I’m still running the OEM bulkheads. I also ordered the rear axles but that’s not pictured.

C68E8D89-D991-451C-BAAD-12A633B1CDB3.png

Little update. I’ve been busy with family stuff and a slight issue with my test road. I did get to run it but the road was VERY dusty and the foams didn’t like it. I’ll do some more testing after I get back from vacation. It ran perfectly straight but I didn’t like the fact if I had to make a correction the car would slide really easy due to the dust. I also made another order from Scorched. Never mind the trident shaft in the order. That’s for my V1 build that I’m still running the OEM bulkheads. I also ordered the rear axles but that’s not pictured.

View attachment 282203
That’s a tasty order. So, those steering knuckles are on the market now. Hmmmm…..

Jeez man, the Scorched website is like crack. I’ve been doing very well staying away from Scorched lately.
Dammit.
Maybe just a little bump…

Back