Senton Senton 3s Blx pros and cons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I'll start with the cons. After 1 week as a newbie driving these cars with my 8 year old boy these are the things that needed replacing.
2x servos (1 for each car)
2x front bumper
1 x front suspension shock arm.

On the pro side these have been great fun. We've been to the golf club and shredded up a fairway and had a doughnut session on a green. Made a course at the local car park and had an hour and a half of wheel to wheel racing. Seeing my boy jumping up and down with delight at beating me every time was just a joy.
The speed on these things are just mind blowing for a newbie both 2s and especially the 3s are both serious power units. I've been really impressed with the run time too, getting easily over an hour on the two batteries.
Jumps at the skate park might have been a bit premature as that's definitely hurt both cars.
I'm based in the UK and been so pleased with the customer service at the 2 model shops I bought the cars at. Both replaced the servos straight away so a big shout out to Wheelspin models in Staffordshire and Modelsport up north in Yorkshire.
I do need some help with the front suspension arm that I bent. Does anybody know the size of the part I'm looking for, seems hard to find the parts for some things over here. Here's a link for what I think it is so if anybody has any UK links if this is wrong please let me know.
Thanks ?
https://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk...Mojave-Spares/84020-/Shock-Shaft-4x595mm-6S-2

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_103944.jpg
    IMG_20191228_103944.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20191229_132555.jpg
    IMG_20191229_132555.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20191229_132536.jpg
    IMG_20191229_132536.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20191231_120743.jpg
    IMG_20191231_120743.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 50
Pros:
Well protected with wide body, bumpers etc
Reliable
Fun
Good handling
Easy to maintain
parts are less expensive compared to 1/8 6s.

Cons:
Shocks are crap
Collects a lot of debris in chassis due to in-fender wheels.
Tyre wear out fast.
14mm hex

Pros:
Well protected with wide body, bumpers etc
Reliable
Fun
Good handling
Easy to maintain
parts are less expensive compared to 1/8 6s.

Cons:
Shocks are crap
Collects a lot of debris in chassis due to in-fender wheels.
Tyre wear out fast.
14mm hex
I'm with you all the way on that so far.
Any recomendations for better tyres for when mine wear out. The Dboots seem pretty costly. The ones I've seen have been hitting the £40-£45 mark

Any recomendations for better tyres for when mine wear out. The Dboots seem pretty costly. The ones I've seen have been hitting the £40-£45 mark

No the 14mm hex limits choices. Watch Jenny's RC for a good deal for original tyre/rim set.

Duratrax sells a 14mm hex, 2.8 rim. Louise Tires is the same MFGR, EU label. You may check if they have the 14mm hex, or see if you can get teh Duratrax tires in the UK.

Duratrax has MT and ST tires on this rim. The MT tires are the same size as Granite stock tires, the ST are for SCT. I have a set of each for my Granite. Lockups in the MT, and Sixpacks in the ST. The ST tires on a Granite looks kind of funny, but for track running, they make the truck handle great.

Here is a vid I made when I got the tires. At about 3:46 I show the ST tires, and compare them to some 2.8/3.0 Badlands.

Duratrax sells a 14mm hex, 2.8 rim. Louise Tires is the same MFGR, EU label. You may check if they have the 14mm hex, or see if you can get teh Duratrax tires in the UK.

Duratrax has MT and ST tires on this rim. The MT tires are the same size as Granite stock tires, the ST are for SCT. I have a set of each for my Granite. Lockups in the MT, and Sixpacks in the ST. The ST tires on a Granite looks kind of funny, but for track running, they make the truck handle great.

Here is a vid I made when I got the tires. At about 3:46 I show the ST tires, and compare them to some 2.8/3.0 Badlands.

Thanks Jerry, great video. I really like both sets of those tyres. I will defo check them out. I like your front bumper too. Is that a T-bone? It looks a lot sturdier than the stock one

Thanks Jerry, great video. I really like both sets of those tyres. I will defo check them out. I like your front bumper too. Is that a T-bone? It looks a lot sturdier than the stock one

Stock MEGA bumper. I do have a Tbone to put of the truck, but in that vid, it is still stock.

Your bent item there is a shock shaft. It may be easier to replace the whole shock. You may consider a better set of shocks while you’re at it. Look for @slick2500 thread on shocks for the 3S line for recommendations.

Your bent item there is a shock shaft. It may be easier to replace the whole shock. You may consider a better set of shocks while you’re at it. Look for @slick2500 thread on shocks for the 3S line for recommendations.
Thanks, I took your advice and bought these. Just annoying it's gonna take a while to get here.
Saw a YouTube with RichDuperbash recommending these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191231_150017.jpg
    Screenshot_20191231_150017.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 39
Thanks, I took your advice and bought these. Just annoying it's gonna take a while to get here.
Saw a YouTube with RichDuperbash recommending these
Those are the stock ones you have now. Is that what you wanted?

Well kinda, they look a little different from the ones I have on now. Thought they were a stock upgrade. I can still get some others for spares or use the ones I’ve ordered for that. Really struggling to find any spares shock wise in the uk. I’ll have a look at judy’s and see if they ship over here

Ok thanks for all your help. I’m off out to get drunk with family and friends, I mean drink like a responsible adult and see the New Year in. I shall be back tomorrow to ask for your help in fitting that new servo which should soak up my hangover.

Happy New Year to you all and all the best for 2020

The Typhon, Big Rock, Granite, Senton 4X4s all use the same shocks. The 4s Outcast and Kraton have bigger shock bodies and shafts and would fit but they still can leak like the 3s ones do.

Check out this thread mainly bottom of first post for shock options https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

You can aslo get 12mm hexes for more wheel options.

This video will show you how to change the servo it shows a Mega but it's the same for the BLX

Last edited:
Well kinda, they look a little different from the ones I have on now. Thought they were a stock upgrade. I can still get some others for spares or use the ones I’ve ordered for that. Really struggling to find any spares shock wise in the uk. I’ll have a look at judy’s and see if they ship over here
Nope those are the same stock ones you should have already. And I want to know who TF Judy is?

I’m thinking about converting my Senton in to a Big Rock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back