Kraton Servo locking when starting car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sander MS

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have an Arrma Kraton 6s BLX thats a few months old. I recently calibrated the servo(because it was turning to far to one side), and it was working fine for a while.
When I turned the car on today the servo locked all they way to the right all by itself and makes a horrible grinding noise.
Any of you experienced this? If so, could you tell me how to fix it?
Thank you

Check remote to make sure trim is centered. If it is, remove servo horn from servo, turn on car. If servo comes to a stop, reattach servo horn with wheels centered, reset endpoints using d/r if you have a stock controller, or in programming if you have the option on the controller. If it doesn't stop and continues to turn, gears are likely stripped, servo is likely toast.

Check remote to make sure trim is centered. If it is, remove servo horn from servo, turn on car. If servo comes to a stop, reattach servo horn with wheels centered, reset endpoints using d/r if you have a stock controller, or in programming if you have the option on the controller. If it doesn't stop and continues to turn, gears are likely stripped, servo is likely toast.
Thank you.
I will give that a shot tomorrow.
If the servo is broken, do you know any good replacements?

Thank you.
I will give that a shot tomorrow.
If the servo is broken, do know any good replacements?
Depending on price range, I know a few options, as do other users. Personally, I have broken enough of the inexpensive Amazon ones that I only buy the more expensive, reputable brand servos as an investment that'll last through multiple cars. For the larger cars like the Kraton 6S I really like the Protek 170SBL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back