Shock rod end replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Broke this part today. I cant seem to get it off the shock shaft. Do I need to take the shock apart? I don't see why I would. I tried holding the shaft with some needle nose and turning the rod end but cant seem to get it off.

I ordered the following to replace it. The picture shows the threads on the outside while the stock rod end threads from the inside it seems, unless it is just pressed on.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...luminum-shock-end-black-hraaon154x01/p1164509

I’d just replace it with a stock one.
Grab the shock shaft with pliers as close as you can to the end and spin it off.
It’s a good place to Break compared to breaking a shock shock shaft.

Last edited:
He has a long to a 6s

id avoid the aluminum rod ends. At least it will tear the rod end off instead of ripping the guts out of the shock.
Like this?
48CB55CD-B81A-4BEF-BB2C-BF466CD65257.jpeg

???

Lol. Exactly. That sure is pretty though!
Do you have aluminum rod ends on that shock?
Yep, but I’m thinking it’s a bad idea now ?
ADA3B819-AB9A-458B-9AD0-A20204AE5C74.jpeg

I saw some M2C breakage today that I thought I would never ever see. @MaddogMikeD broke both his M2S shock standoff and his hinge pin brace for his K6S. ??? Was nowhere near a big jump either.

Hope you guys got some footage?!
I have about 3 hours of footage I still have to go thru and edit @jondilly1974 has way better gear then I do so I am hoping he got some good shots but everyone did really kick ass today. Lots of fun and lots of carnage. Dilly was sending everything to the moon lol RIP chassis x2?

I have about 3 hours of footage I still have to go thru and edit @jondilly1974 has way better gear then I do so I am hoping he got some good shots but everyone did really kick ass today. Lots of fun and lots of carnage. Dilly was sending everything to the moon lol RIP chassis x2?
Wish I could have been there!! ?

He has a long to a 6s

id avoid the aluminum rod ends. At least it will tear the rod end off instead of ripping the guts out of the shock.

Never thought of that. Its already shipped but I am sure I can pick up the stocks ones locally. I am going to do that. Thanks for the advice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back