Granite Shock separation fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
So the last time i was out bashing the bottom of the shock shaft separated from spring perch and of course the spring couldn't be found anywhere.

So I attempted to make some limiting straps to keep it from happening again. Time will tell if it actually holds up.
Started out with some faux leather material.
IMG_20220521_122444.jpg

Cut some straps and punched holes to match the shocks max length.

Then bolted them on with a washer to keep them from pulling off.

IMG_20220521_122906.jpg

IMG_20220521_123153.jpg

So the last time i was out bashing the bottom of the shock shaft separated from spring perch and of course the spring couldn't be found anywhere.

So I attempted to make some limiting straps to keep it from happening again. Time will tell if it actually holds up.
View attachment 219011

View attachment 219012

View attachment 219013

Do you work at a furniture store? That looks like the same material of a Manwah sofa.

Do you work at a furniture store? That looks like the same material of a Manwah sofa.
🤣🤣No, I had a leather couch for about 3 years. Not a single day passed that I didn't cursed the couch because it was so uncomfortable. Then all the seams started separating and the springs were coming poking up through the seat.
So when I finally bought a replacement set, I dragged it to the curb and took my pound of flesh. 🤬😱

🤣🤣No, I had a leather couch for about 3 years. Not a single day passed that I didn't cursed the couch because it was so uncomfortable. Then all the seams started separating and the springs were coming poking up through the seat.
So when I finally bought a replacement set, I dragged it to the curb and took my pound of flesh. 🤬😱
So it wasn't a Manwah.

View attachment 219011

View attachment 219012

View attachment 219013
Thinking outside the box. (y)(y) The shocks might end up bending at the shafts next.....IDK.
Unfortunately all the 4x4 rigs stocker shocks are garbage and break like this. They are far from Bash proof unfortunatley. Especially if you are bit by the Big Air Bug... videos of many YT Influencers.:LOL: There is a fine line drawn between BIG AIR and/or Driver Error.
Many replace with Arrma's $6S$ line shocks of the proper length. Problem solved.

Thinking outside the box. (y)(y) The shocks might end up bending at the shafts next.....IDK.
Unfortunately all the 4x4 rigs stocker shocks are garbage and break like this. They are far from Bash proof unfortunatley. Especially if you are bit by the Big Air Bug... videos of many YT Influencers.:LOL: There is a fine line drawn between BIG AIR and/or Driver Error.
Many replace with Arrma's $6S$ line shocks of the proper length. Problem solved.
Thanks.
I think I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the stock shocks. I have never had one leak and they're light weight and cheap.

Between my son's and my granites, this is the only shock that's come apart and we both beat on then pretty hard. We also had one shock bend before, but that was after my son clipped a concrete wall.

But definitely agree the 6s shocks are a step up.

Last edited:
Light shocks are good, don't get me wrong. They work for some.
Just that with the 4x4 line, the OE shocks are probably the most frequently changed out part. Usually in the beginning... going with 6s line shocks.
A big investment. But one that works
Not one of my 6s shocks has failed me or leaked, running on my heavier 6s platforms. An occasional rod end may snap ( driver error), but replacing with Tekno rod ends makes them bullet proof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back