Mojave Should I buy a Mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErieArrma

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
I’ve been obsessed with Arrma cars but never reallly considered a Mojave until seeing this video:

I find this guy’s videos really entertaining.

Anyway, what a freaking car. I know he used an 8s modified big motor but still, looks like a really fun car.

why would somebody buy this over Kraton or say new version of Talion this summer? Just the fun of driving a Senton on steroids? curious for those who have one so I can better understand the specific appeal.

finally, the age old question: RTR or EXB??

I want one myself. Thats going to be my next rig. I just got a senton Nd love it. It depends on what you want. Rtrs are great but the exb you can make it your own to start with you know? And it has a few extra upgrades already but still you can upgrade the hell out of the rtr too if you want. If money isn't too big if a deal ide say exb!

It's MO HAV EHHHH!! but anywho, exb and buy your own stuff to go in it . It will be beefier then stock and will have your choice of elec's off the bat.
Spectrum 160a/1250kv too crazy if run on 6s??

I plan to buy an RTR Mojave. I'm pretty pleased with my K6S, so I don't mind the stock electronics. And if the Mojave is anywhere near as tough as the RTR Kraton I'll be fine considering I don't plan to send it like a Kraton. Though an 8S system in an EXB is tempting... just not sure if it's worth about double the investment of a RTR.

Is a new Talion confirmed for this summer? I love the looks of it, but I don't know how I could justify it if I already got a K6S and plan to get a Typhon after a Mojave and Infraction. Doesn't really seem like the Talion fits anywhere unless you don't want to get both a Typhon and K6S. If a new version was out I probably would have got it instead of my K6S, but now idk. Maybe just to have one around. Same reason I don't plan on getting a Noto/Outcast. I could just be underestimating how different the Talion is though.

Have a moj exb. Love it. Awesome fun to drive and takes an absolute pounding. The answer to your question is "yes" :)

IMG-20201205-WA0001.jpeg

I plan to buy an RTR Mojave. I'm pretty pleased with my K6S, so I don't mind the stock electronics. And if the Mojave is anywhere near as tough as the RTR Kraton I'll be fine considering I don't plan to send it like a Kraton. Though an 8S system in an EXB is tempting... just not sure if it's worth about double the investment of a RTR.

Is a new Talion confirmed for this summer? I love the looks of it, but I don't know how I could justify it if I already got a K6S and plan to get a Typhon after a Mojave and Infraction. Doesn't really seem like the Talion fits anywhere unless you don't want to get both a Typhon and K6S. If a new version was out I probably would have got it instead of my K6S, but now idk. Maybe just to have one around. Same reason I don't plan on getting a Noto/Outcast. I could just be underestimating how different the Talion is though.
Good points, I held off getting the Kraton in hopes of landing the Talion rumored to be out this summer. Already have a Typhon 6s so will complement it with either Talion or Kraton, although after I put MX28s on it maybe I won’t have to have one of those. Now the Mojave have me intrigued...

How long has Mojave V2 been out? V3 soon?

Build it, use an m2c or JBI chassis, tbone bumpers so you can run m2c or crcu hinge pin blocks. Also snag aftermarket center braces, hub extenders, and ackerman bar from the get go.

mojave6.jpg

mojave7.jpg

mojave8.jpg

mojave9.jpg

Last edited:
Sick!!!!!!! what motor esc config did you go with? Estimated $$$ in your build?
Max6/1650kv combo. I'd guess around $1200, mine usually end up at $1k when i build them but I did pay more for the vitavon wheels/pro line tires. I bought 2 bodies and the stock exb wheels and tires i didn't include in that hahahaha

I would highly recommend the Mojave I have the RTR it’s pretty much stock. It’s a beast and a blast to drive probably my favorite out of all my rigs. It pretty much eats up any terrain you can throw at it. You can also throw some street tires on and tear up the asphalt.

2045A6E2-454B-471D-9965-1FA88139A99D.jpeg

I would highly recommend the Mojave I have the RTR it’s pretty much stock. It’s a beast and a blast to drive probably my favorite out of all my rigs. It pretty much eats up any terrain you can throw at it. You can also throw some street tires on and tear up the asphalt.

View attachment 141062
I was just out running the Senton and typhon 6s around the house and the Senton was so fun to just control, slide around and bash. I imagine the Mojave is like that but on a bigger, more powerful scale

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back